would you have been happy with a trilogy of CD material

wasted

In 2008, even if it wasnt all perfect.

Do you think now with those 3 cds youd be happy for them to keep touring?

it took me til about 2000 to fully digest UYI. And til about 2002 til I was bored of it.

I'd b happy with sum leaks for Christs sake. I've pretty much given up on axl doing abything worth while. I'm still posting here cuz I like the community and atmosphere. I just feel at this point we won't hear anything new unless it leaks or, god forbid, axl dies and beta and Fernando need new cars.

But to answer your question id b much happier with three nugnr albums than the single disc we got.

You wouldnt have felt swamped or put off by Silkworms type material or even some underdeveloped or even more experimental electronica stuff.

Would you now still want another record even after the trilogy?

Edited by wasted

it took me til about 2000 to fully digest UYI. And til about 2002 til I was bored of it.

Fuck yeah I would be happy with 2 extra CD's I hope Axl releases the CD Era music

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

If they play from these 3 CD's yes, i would be happy

thats another problem, the set list is rammed. Theres only that many new songs they can play as GNR. Even on UYI not many of them were played regular.

thats another problem, the set list is rammed. Theres only that many new songs they can play as GNR. Even on UYI not many of them were played regular.

Ok

So

If they play most of the songs OCASSIONALY (like they did it on 1991 or 1993 on the UYI tour) from the three released CD albums, i would became an Axl nutswinger

Edited by Crash Diet

Release CD and when its run its course...(2 year tour of it) then drop the second one (2 year tour of it)then when its run its course drop the third one (2 year tour of that one as well) Damn that sounds like a brilliant plan....And the songs played from 2001 and the leaks??? ..."well those were songs we are considering to not put on the album)

That sounds like a good deal there. Id get it up for a plan like that.

I think Chi Dem, SOD, Madagascar singles off CD 1, Better, Catcher and TWAT off CD 2, Shacklers, ITW, TIL off CD 3.

I think the trilogy would have had stuff like Silkworms, maybe more electronica stuff to fill out albums. Maybe heavier material that they might not ever play live.

Atlas Shrugged was describe as a single by Zutaut. So who knows? maybe they have a raft of hit singles lined up but nobodies saying anything about it.

So a trilogy might have been full of Riad and Silkworms. Tommy has that song Goin Down. Maybe add some covers like Sway or Sailing.

Release CD and when its run its course...(2 year tour of it) then drop the second one (2 year tour of it)then when its run its course drop the third one (2 year tour of that one as well) Damn that sounds like a brilliant plan....And the songs played from 2001 and the leaks??? ..."well those were songs we are considering to not put on the album)

Thats what they were going to do before the label said material not good enough and brought in RTB to record everything again?

ive tried to find the quote Axl says its going to be a trilogy but couldnt.

Edited by wasted

I guess this is the hardest part on Axl why he isn't ready for any release. He can't perform most of the ChiDem songs closed to studio versions.

It's not wise for him to release the left-over if he can't play them live. TWAT is a superb song but I don't wanna see it live and few others. It's better for Axl to re-record any high-note song with a tone level of 'Brownstone, Easy, Estranged, RQ, Coma, etc' that fits his voice to date.

But I'm guessing and who knows that those albums are perfectly recorded and playable live. I would be happy!

Its the same as Illusions there were quite too hard to play and few just not worth playing.

I dont mind a cd to be entertainment in itself then like CD theres the songs that work live like Chi dem, Better, SOD, TIL. IRS, Sorry.

I just dont know if a trilogy would have been 30 songs like those. I really doubt it.

Theres 5 or 6 on UYI and thats a double cd.

It took almost 10 years for you to fully digest 2 albums? Did you only listen to a few seconds at a time or something?

I listened to them. And liked the AFD type stuff first. I didnt bother with the epics much. It was literally 2000 when suddenly Estranged made sense to. Actually on Live Era. Stuff like Locomotive and Dont Damn Me were the last ones I got. There were definitely songs I didnt get in 91. I didnt care I made a taped of RNDTH, Perfect Crime, Garen of Eden, Shotgun Blues, Bad Obsession, DTJ, Back off Bitch, YCBM. That kind of thing took me to late 90s.

I think Chi Dem, SOD, Madagascar singles off CD 1, Better, Catcher and TWAT off CD 2, Shacklers, ITW, TIL off CD 3.

I think the trilogy would have had stuff like Silkworms, maybe more electronica stuff to fill out albums. Maybe heavier material that they might not ever play live.

Atlas Shrugged was describe as a single by Zutaut. So who knows? maybe they have a raft of hit singles lined up but nobodies saying anything about it.

So a trilogy might have been full of Riad and Silkworms. Tommy has that song Goin Down. Maybe add some covers like Sway or Sailing.

Thats what they were going to do before the label said material not good enough and brought in RTB to record everything again?

ive tried to find the quote Axl says its going to be a trilogy but couldnt.

He said it at Leeds in 2006. Thats where I got the "idea." At the time it seemed like a great plan..and by now we would be anticipating the release of CD 3 ! I serioulsy doubt that this nostalgia band and the rehash of 25 year old music would be the norm. Had they done that it might have kindled a whole new appreciation for the new band altogher. By playing the legacy stuff ...all it does is invite comparison and reveals nuGNr as being less a band and more a collection of hired guns. There is nothing that really gives you the idea of what these guys are capable of collectively.

Im in the camp that says: Move ahead with a whole new concept and music... even if the new music is vastly different in scope and sound than that of AFD -UYI era . Continue on but play the oldies sparingly and run the flag up the new material and see who salutes it. Promotors of course want the Oldies understandably because Axl insists this is GNR...and people relate to the classic GNR and are familier with those songs. Its on the stregnths and the sweat eequity of the old band that GNR still has a heartbeat.