Get in the Ring

Coma16

I like it.

I was shocked when I found out Axl didn't write the lyrics to the last part.

Do you mean the rant? Who wrote it?

Did he say Duff and the guys wrote it up and convinced him to sing it on Eddie Trunk 2011 interview? I'd have to watch it again.

From a recap of the interview:

the infamous rant from “Get in the Ring” was the brainchild of Duff McKagan and A&R guru Tom Zutaut, and when “shit hit the fan,” they both abandoned Rose to deal with the repercussions

Which interview? Print of video?

I can't remember. Either way I think the song rocks! Way better than Shotgun Blues (which isn't that bad either).

I Shotgun Bues also...is it really about Vince Neil???

From a recap of the interview:

the infamous rant from “Get in the Ring” was the brainchild of Duff McKagan and A&R guru Tom Zutaut, and when “shit hit the fan,” they both abandoned Rose to deal with the repercussions

Which interview? Print of video?

Written recap of the televised interview

I do not like the rant - it is childish. I also thing it should have been a b-side.

That thing about Duff and Zutaut is horseshit. Typical Axl, always blaming other people.

Exactly.

One of the more embarrassing moments from the band, and probably something that even Axl regrets to this day. It made them all seem pretty juvenile.

We are all in agreement that the Illusions were nothing close to a collaborative effort, right? Wouldn't that mean that whoever wrote the rant did it on their own time? For those of you that were there, or think you were anyway, is this the magical part of the Illusions that they came together for? If that's the case, isn't Get In The Ring the only true Guns song since Lies?

So many questions, I'm glad we have all of these band associates to answer them for me.

I do not like the rant - it is childish. I also thing it should have been a b-side.

That thing about Duff and Zutaut is horseshit. Typical Axl, always blaming other people.

That rant was written by Axl Rose in its entirety, only a stupid person would believe otherwise. He said it was Tom and Duff's idea and they said "why don't you go off on "these people" (can't remember their names) because there was a blank space in the song and he eventually did, so he wrote it but the suggestion came from them -- according to Axl.

__

On topic: Great song. Liked the intro and Slash thanking fans at the end.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

That rant was written by Axl Rose in its entirety, only a stupid person would believe otherwise. He said it was Tom and Duff's idea and they said "why don't you go off on "these people" (can't remember their names) because there was a blank space in the song and he eventually did, so he wrote it but the suggestion came from them -- according to Axl.

__

On topic: Great song. Liked the intro and Slash thanking fans at the end.

What was he wearing when he wrote it? Anything but the biker shorts, I hope.

No idea, fat Axl never said anything about what he was wearing that day, I was repeating word-by-word what he said in the TMS interview. :)

Bastard. He should give more relevant details. What he was wearing is much more important than who made him write it. I can see why you guys get so frustrated over him never answering anything. :shrugs:

I like it, and I love the rant - it's so GNR! I especially love the "fuck you, suck my fucking dick" bit. I often yell that out in the car when someone on the road pisses me off. The only bit I really hate is Slash's bit at the end. I cringe when I hear that and I think it makes it sound very dated.