The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

As far as I know the ref will be told on hos watch if if it was a goal or not and he will hear a sound in his ear piece, there will be no breaks for replays or while the decision is that was FIFA's criteria when the system was designed.

Guess we will see how it works this year as it is being used in the Premier League.

Why shouldn't he have smiled? He knew he had annoyed Raphael up enough for him to commitma foul and ge a second booking and be sent off. I thought him smiling at the end was pretty amusing personally :lol:

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Guest Len B'stard

Some of my favorite players are massive divers though :lol:

Names?

Neymar, Luis Suarez, Ronaldo, Busquets, in fact most of Barca and Real :lol:

Or if you wanna get historical Jurgen Klinsmann was a fuckin huge one although you won't catch me claiming that dirty spud as a player i admire, least not in daylight, Karl Heinz Riedle?

As far as I know the ref will be told on hos watch if if it was a goal or not and he will hear a sound in his ear piece, there will be no breaks for replays or while the decision is that was FIFA's criteria when the system was designed.

Guess we will see how it works this year as it is being used in the Premier League.

Is it being bought into EPL? I never knew that.

Guest Len B'stard

You should watch him play, the boys a certified leaper ;) i love him, he's brilliant but it is what it is.

There has been way more tension, if that is even possible, between Real Madrid and Barcelona these last few seasons because of divers in Barcelona. If Neymar likes to dive, I can only imagine how Real Madrid supporters will react.

You mean, when Barcelona lost 3-0 against Brazil? :laugh: EDIT: 6 out of 11 play for Barcelona.

Yeah, that stuff could get personal, especially with Ramos missing a penalty and Casillas letting in 3 goals. Then Xabi Alonso could say he'd have done a better job on midfield if he played, etc.

Edited by moreblack

You mean, when Barcelona lost 3-0 against Brazil? :laugh: EDIT: 6 out of 11 play for Barcelona.

Yeah, that stuff could get personal, especially with Ramos missing a penalty and Casillas letting in 3 goals.

I have no idea why Ramos even tried. He missed a very important penalty for Real Madrid that woudl've alllowed them to play the Champions League final. After the Confederaciones game, he said something along the lines of you know, stuff like this happens. Now we have to focus on the future and bla bla bla. There´s a video showing Xavi covering his eyes before Ramos took the penalty. I guess he knew what was coming. I don't like Barcelona, but Jesus... you have Iniesta and Xavi on your team. Why not let them take the penalty? Iniesta is great. He would´ve scored. Now, Casillas' confidence has been undermined. He didn't play for 5 months or something like that. I think Valdèz should've played the final or the whole tournament. But in Spain, the press basically killed Mourinho for putting Casillas on the bench and they´d have killed Del Bosque if he'd chosen to do the same. Casillas is great, but he didn't play for 5 months. Man, give someone else a chance. I don´t know.

EDIT: here it is :laugh:

foto-graciosa-xavi-no-mira-penalty-sergi

What are some of the most heroic underdog teams in the Premier League?

Stoke, Swansea?

Yes, Swansea. They're from Wales right?

Edited by TombRaider

Yes but Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham (and maybe a few other Welsh) sides are allowed to play in the English league system as when they joined there was no Welsh league, when the Welsh league was established all the teams from basedon Wales were given the opportunity to either stay in the English league or go back to the Welsh.

Guest Len B'stard

I hope he don't if only cuz it means the red scummers have got no chance of getting young Ronald back. The Madrid kit suits him anyway, Messi needs some action over in La Liga or he'll fall asleep.

Bale is such an amazing player. I´ve seen videos on Youtube of the guy and you'd think he was playing against littie kids.

I hope he don't if only cuz it means the red scummers have got no chance of getting young Ronald back. The Madrid kit suits him anyway, Messi needs some action over in La Liga or he'll fall asleep.

Messi should probably get the Spanish citizenship to play in the Roja with Xavi and Iniesta... because I honestly don´t see him doing anything in Argentina.

Edited by TombRaider

Guest Len B'stard

I do, he'll rip it up with Argentina

sadly, he'll be one of the only ones in the whole squad.

I dunno, Higuains pretty tasty, Mascherano, Di Maria, Zabaleta, Aguero...not exactly slouches. I think they'll suprise more than a few people. And with that bastard Messi knockin' in braces and hatricks for fuckin' fun they won't need a great deal more.

Edited by sugaraylen