The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Don't worry, we'll be keeping you cool in our shadow for another season Spudsy, Paulinho or no Paulinho :lol:

Main problem I have with Bale is that he tries to do too much by himself, towards the end of ladt year he was so selfish and was wasting 5 chances per game. I will admit that he would score late on in those games but he seemed so wasteful before the chances went in.

Agree with your top 4, would put Spurs 5th and Liverpool 6th.

Reminds me of rooney when he cared. He used try but shoot from outside box. Hed eventually score one. The cut in from the right with Bale teams will beable to counter that.

Everton maybe 7th.

Defoe is getting quite injury prone in his later years so he struggles to consistently score, aside from him we have Adebayor who was shit this season. Dempsey who is more of an attacking midfielder and Bale who is kind of moving into being able to play that role.

Until the deal is signed and sealed it is just a rumour. I cannot read Spanish but I assume the article says he will sign for Athletico? There have been similar articles here in the UK saying Villa will sign for us so guess we all need to wait and see. To be honest I think Athletico would be a better move for Villa, its a league he is familiar in and they are in the Champions League; still think Athletico will need to sign another striker to replace Falcao though.

It says Atlético wants to sign him now that they sold Falcao to Mónaco and can't sign Negredo from Sevilla because he's moving to Manchester City. It's just a rumor at this point. But they are considering him as an option.

EDIT:

It also says Miguel Angel Gil, son of the former Atlético de Madrid president, talked to Villa and he seems delighted with the idea of playing for Atlético. But they're also considering Dzeko and Chicharito from Man Utd.

I don't see why Man Utd would sell Chicharito to Atlético Madrid though.

Edited by TombRaider

Has it already been 9 years? Wow. Time does fly by, sometimes... Anyway, I really don't see Rooney playing for any other Premier League team. It'd be awkward. I know he was in Everton, though. But it'd just be weird. It'd be like Henry playing for Chelsea or Beckham playing for Arsenal. There are players who can't just simply switch teams like that. The fans would never forgive them. I wonder if Liverpool fans have forgiven Torres.

I think the way Torres's career has gone since he left Liverpool the fans are probably happy he has gone now.

Back to back European trophies? Yeah, poor guy.

For which he basically did fuck all. Do you honestly think that the status of a player has any relevance to what they have won?