The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

I do, he'll rip it up with Argentina

sadly, he'll be one of the only ones in the whole squad.

I dunno, Higuains pretty tasty, Mascherano, Di Maria, Zabaleta, Aguero...not exactly slouches. I think they'll suprise more than a few people. And with that bastard Messi knockin' in braces and hatricks for fuckin' fun they won't need a great deal more.
And yet at the last world cup with the same players they did fuck all and Messi didn't score :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno, Higuains pretty tasty, Mascherano, Di Maria, Zabaleta, Aguero...not exactly slouches. I think they'll suprise more than a few people. And with that bastard Messi knockin' in braces and hatricks for fuckin' fun they won't need a great deal more.
And yet at the last world cup with the same players they did fuck all and Messi didn't score :lol:

True but whatever may have happened, with a talent pool like that the potential to switch it on all of us is there.

Exactly. The same problem Brazil had on 2006 and 2010. Just a bunch of good players, that didn't make a team and didn't know how to play together.

This. Having seen Brazil beat Spain in the final, I think we can say they have a real team, and a scary one at that. I think Brazil will probably win the cup next year. Argentina, on the other hand, still needs to find what it is they want. I think they desperately want Messi to do what he does in Barcelona. But as you know, Xavi and Iniesta were not born in Argentina. Messi is good, great. But he wouldn't do what he does in FCB if it weren't for those two other guys.

Edited by TombRaider

Guest Len B'stard

Fucking hell lads fair play to Brazil the other night i did not see that coming i would of said this much sooner but been rushed off my feet with my new job

Where was your money Skipper? :)

True but whatever may have happened, with a talent pool like that the potential to switch it on all of us is there.

We said that about Spain for decades.

I love this time of year :awesomeface: ..... when a new season is literally a couple of weeks away, and the David Moyes era at Manchester United is officially started, i know it's early yet, but anyone got predictions for the forthcoming season,

I HATE this time of year, no football for a month and a half :(. Seasons kick off what, 17th August? Thats fuckin' aaaaaaages away.

Look to Scandinavia and Ireland for your fix!

Guest Len B'stard

Ain't the same man..

Y'know, if there's one thing about Arsenal that gets on my fuckin thrupenny bits its the way they fuckin' piss around and dither and quibble over nothing, i bet you we won't sign Higuain and it'll be cuz of the aforementioned fannying about.

1010778_566314443427475_1875788846_n.jpg

Is this true?

By the way, Kaká left Real Madrid to return to São Paulo FC for this season.

What a dumb comparison. You need to look at when and where they scored these goals. The numbers above are wrong either way. And 4 of Kakàs goals were in pointless friendly matches lol.

Primera division:

Iniesta: 3 goals / 16 assists

Kakà: 3 goals / 3 assists

Copa del rey:

Iniesta: 2 goals / 2 assists

Kakà: 1 goal / 0 assists

Kakà scored in easy matches where Real Madrid were winning by many goals.

Iniesta won the European Championship with Spain and was given the award for the best player of the tournament. In the world cup final (2010) Iniesta scored the winning goal. Iniesta has won, with Spain, three huge tournaments in a row (first time this has happened ever). He won Champions League with Barcelona in 2011, where he assisted Messi on the 2-1 score against Manchester United. He's not known for scoring goals, but when he do it's in very important matches.

He is not even close to Iniesta.

By the way, Kaká left Real Madrid to return to São Paulo FC for this season.

Source?

According to this which was posted yesterday, Kakà said he will stay at Real Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/07/02/4089337/kaka-i-will-stay-at-real-madrid?ICID=PP_49

He should leave though, he deserves to actually play matches.

Edited by Jeez

People are being unfair with Kaká. Period. Now that he's barely playing and now that he's no longer the player he was before, it seems for some people he's always sucked. Well, guess what? When he was in AC Milan, he was basically unstoppable. He was amazing, great. Period.

You know, I think there are soccer players that should never ever leave their original teams, the teams where they succeeded. Why? Because going to a new team is always a gamble, especially if you're going to a huge club, where you're expected to do what you did in your previous club and even more. Kaká was already huge in AC Milan, why did he even need to leave Italy? Why go to Spain? Why risk what you have? It's a gamble. He's never been the same. Maybe it was the injuries, maybe it was the team, maybe it was the coach. I don't know. But he's never been the same. Sad, really. Because Kaká was great. He's now a laughing stock among hardcore Real Madrid supporters. It's sad really.

He should've stayed in Italy, in AC Milan. Look a Villa for instance. He was a God in Valencia. What's he done in Barcelona? Look at Ibrahimovic. What did he do in Barcelona? Basically nothing. If I were an important soccer player, you know, a big name, I'd never go to a huge club where there is already another big name playing my position on the field, or a club where there's going to be a lot of competition.

For instance, if I were Villa, I'd have never moved to Barcelona. I'd have gone to a team where I know I'm going to be playing almost every match. Who wants to be on the bench? Of course, he was injured for a long time, too. So that plays a role too.

Isco, from Malaga, just signed for Madrid... and Manchester City was his other option. In fact, he was going to sign for City. But Zidane talked him into going to Madrid, by promising he was not going to be on the bench. Isco doesn't care about Madrid, I mean, he's not a huge MAdrid supporter. He's just a player who wants to play. And you can't blame him really. In Malaga he would play basically every match. Who would wanna be on the bench, even if you're in a huge club? I'd take less money as long as I'm promised I'm gonna play, consistently, and I'd have even gone to a smaller team.

my 2 cents.

Of course, I understand the allure of playing for Madrid or Barcelona, but players should really think about if that is the right move for them. Who plays in that position? Is it worth it? Are you going to be on the bench all the time? No, thanks.

And I also understand players wanting to leave if they know a big name is coming next season. It's like Ok, so I'm not playing any more? That's why I understand Higuain wanting to leave. It's said Madrid will sign Cavani for next season. And Benzema is already there. Why stay in Madrid?

Edited by TombRaider

Au contraire, it'll get worse in Barcelona. Barcelona players are known in Spain for their tendency to dive all the time and to fake injuries. He'll feel encouraged to do it.

EDIT: Dives are called piscinazos in Spanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQmV8H0oKK4

Penalty given to Barcelona after Alexis dives in the box. If this is not a dive, then I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong. There are divers in every team. But Barcelona takes the cake. It's as if they were encouraged to do it.

Edited by TombRaider

Barca seem to start putting the boot in when losing and diving more. Diving is subjective. Like that Navas pen to me was dive. Contact but no need to fall. I felt Ronaldo didn't dive that much in prem. he got kicked a lot so he was avoiding tackles. But in la liga. I just see them go down for tackles from behind. Just a touch. Which is one of the reasons I don't watch it in general. Stop start. The fact it's tick tack before that just annoys me. I want proper two footed "challenges".