Should we just give up all hope that we'll ever see a new GnR album?

TombRaider

Should we?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If a new album appears it will be Buckethead/Finck era recordings with some possible overdubs by current members. That's very best we can hope for as Bumblefoot confirmed that the current line up hasn't written together or entered a studio. I don't think they even rehearse or soundcheck together. This is rubbish, at least in the early 2000's we knew Axl was working on new material and playing new songs at shows. So little is going on now it's come down to all of us (myself included) just writing the same stuff but in a slightly different order. The only thing I want to see on this forum now is Chinese Democracy 2 release date announced. We're going round in circles folks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys need to get on with your lives and not dwell on something you cannot control.

There are plenty of musicians/bands who tour and put out new cds every few years. Enjoy them and maybe one day, if Axl is feeling it, we might see new GNR music, but I'm not living my life around it.

Meanwhile, somehow Megadeth is able to put out an album every two years.

Wonder why Axl doesn't care about his millions of fans?

Yes, every artist who release/publish/print his art rarely "doesn't care about his fans".

I have to disagree with you. Not "every" artist. You shouldn't catagorize entire groups of artists from different realms of art into one big catagory.

But in terms of this topic though, I'm glad you agree with me about Axl.

Axl - a singer in a band - has released one album of material in the past 20 years, with no word on another album being released anytime in the near future. The singer apparently has a massive amount of killer GnR material locked away in his library which he refuses to share with his millions of fans. Material like new songs..........well, new in the sense that we haven't heard them. Some of those songs have been locked away for more than a decade. All the way back to backstage/documentary/concert footage from the Use Your Illusions days.

All this is material that the singer of a band CHOOSES to not share with the millions of fans of have supported him for years, some for decades.

And when is the last official update that Axl gave us about the band and their plans?

Let's not even mention that they are apparently raising ticket prices to their live shows now.

To anybody whose goal isn't to educate, ridicule and "win" arguments on a rock forum, the scenario I just described doesn't represent a singer who cares about his fans. If Axl cared about his fans he would share his music with them, he wouldn't be increasing ticket prices, and he'd keep them updated on the band's plans.

Sometimes you come up with some pretty good arguments............but man, sometimes you just reach too far just for the sake of debating people. Let's put your fanboy crap to the side and just look at the facts and come to a logical conclusion. That is not a fan-friendly band. Look at other megabands from the same generation. Say Metallica/Bon Jovi - those guys are fan friendly bands who release a ton of music, backstage videos and keep their fans abreast of what the band is doing. EXACTLY the opposite of what Axl does.

I still like Megadeth, whose albums meant horseshit to me after Marty left. Metallica and BJ are corporations more than a band, i dont like that kind of attitude even though I like some of their songs a lot.

GNR, on the other hand, is chaotic and dont play the game by the rule, I like them that way, and the "dont care about the fans" saying is bullshit to me, I seen'em live 3 times, in all of them they nailed it and worked very hard to put out a good Show, which they suceeded.

Guest NGOG

What would possibly warrant giving up hope on new GNR songs? Has anybody definitively ruled out more Chinese Democracy era songs? The only pessimism has been by way of Bumblefoot who's eager for the current line-up to get in the studio.

I still like Megadeth, whose albums meant horseshit to me after Marty left. Metallica and BJ are corporations more than a band, i dont like that kind of attitude even though I like some of their songs a lot.

GNR, on the other hand, is chaotic and dont play the game by the rule, I like them that way, and the "dont care about the fans" saying is bullshit to me, I seen'em live 3 times, in all of them they nailed it and worked very hard to put out a good Show, which they suceeded.

Seriously? You do realize this is 2013 and not 1993...........right?

Those bands are corporations instead of bands? It baffles me that a die-hard Axl fan like yourself, who tends to praise his every move on this forum, is happy that his favorite singer has put out one album over the past 20 years. So bands that release music for their fans on a regular basis are "corporations" - but Axl is still a true bad-ass who doesn't play by the rules, meaning you (the die-hard Axl fan) gets one album of material every 20-25 years. And your glad that Axl doesn't communicate with his fans like those "corporations" do? Holy crap.

I guess thats where you and I differ. I don't care about attitude and how bad-ass Axl looks or how many fights or feuds he gets in. I'd MUCH rather he was a musician that put out music on a regular basis for his fans to enjoy, and who would take 5-10 minutes every few months to give his millions of fans an update. It's unbelievable to me that guys like you praise Axl for going the opposite route. Is there anything that Axl could do where you wouldn't praise his decision?

GnR is NOT chaotic by any means. The day that DJ Ashba, Axl Rose and Frank are considered chaotic is the day that people start considering Rosie O'Donnell to be hot. These guys are all 40-to-50 year old men, who have been hired by Axl Rose to perform songs written by another band 25 years ago. They do it well and put on a good show. And they are managed by a 60 year old former nanny who also poses as Axl's "mother." Ya - these guys are pure rock-n-roll badasses.

The fan-boys on this site just get stranger and stranger.

Putting out music and keeping their fans updated is now considered a bad thing. :no:

Its dumb to think there wont at the very least be a release of what's already done. A new Bumble Ashba cd? Who knows. Maybe not. But im sure cd2 will be out someday. It's paid for already. They can only make money off of it.

Then im sure there will be a reunion.

I strongly think a new release will see the light of day with new material (CD sessions or totally new material). Just one more release. When? Only god knows
after then?
i don't know, maybe a long tour, then Axl retired finally

Edited by Crash Diet

Its dumb to think there wont at the very least be a release of what's already done. A new Bumble Ashba cd? Who knows. Maybe not. But im sure cd2 will be out someday. It's paid for already. They can only make money off of it.

Then im sure there will be a reunion.

I'm not an artist, but if I were one, my life would very fuckin' miserable if all I got to do and the highlight of my career is basically cover other people's work.

CD is worth 3 records by other bands. It's basically 14 singles. It's a double album by the vinyl age. I think it has supplemented the setlist well with Chibdem, Better, SOD, TIL becoming staples.

Ashba and Ron want to do solo stuff, GNR is more of a day job. It's compromise. Axl is a lifer who's whole career is pinned on GNR.

Some bands like U2 work in cycles one album is all business like achtung baby, one experimental like zooropa, one mailed in like Pop.

GNR need to do the experimental and mailing but is it worth it?

I'd take 2 or 3 songs of each Slash related cd and make one great album. Same Metallica or Megadave.

Edited by wasted

United Abominations and System Has Failed are two of my favorite MD albums and Friedman is nowhere to be found.

Megadeth still makes kickass albums, but their best lineup included Friedman and Menza. But Dave found some great musicians to replace those guys. And I concur UA is a great album, underrated too, sadly.

EDIT:

我觉得很有趣,中国民主专辑出来之前在中国有民主 :no:

Edited by TombRaider

Some bands like U2 work in cycles one album is all business like achtung baby, one experimental like zooropa, one mailed in like Pop.

GNR need to do the experimental and mailing but is it worth it?

I'd take 2 or 3 songs of each Slash related cd and make one great album. Same Metallica or Megadave.

Seems like for Axl nowdays, it's 'all business' albums, proper Guns records or nothing at all. Feels like to me he's worried about making it a true Gn'R kinda work, like with Chinese I believe he wanted to prove he can do it, and I do think he cares about the legacy, no matter what your opinion is on the quality of it or if he even pulled it off.

CD is worth 3 records by other bands. It's basically 14 singles. It's a double album by the vinyl age. I think it has supplemented the setlist well with Chibdem, Better, SOD, TIL becoming staples.

Ashba and Ron want to do solo stuff, GNR is more of a day job. It's compromise. Axl is a lifer who's whole career is pinned on GNR.

Lol no.

It is one album.

Just because you like the songs doesn't mean the album is like three albums or a double album.

That might be the most ridiculous fan-boy thing I've read on this forum in the last month.

That's like your work cutting your pay in half and saying "but $15 an hour today is equivelant to $30 an hour twenty years ago. So you should be happy, because your basically making $30 an hour."