Does the current band give the impression that they are a tight group of people?

izzydoezit

The problem though with nugnr is they never have had a period when they have gelled.

says who ? if im not mistaken, classic gnr toured the west coast when they first formed the band and thats where the chemistry developed... or as you called it, thats where they "gelled" - i think the current band has been on tour long enough to say they have chemistry... may not be the chemistry the old band had since they werent exactly hitchiking across the country, but im sure theyve developed some sort of chemistry to say the least... theyve put on some awesome fukcin shows together... and some bad ones (just like any other band) imo this endless tour wasnt to fund a new album (they have enough cash for that already) it was to build the chemistry up to be able to write together... and i dont give a shit what any of the naysayers wanna write here, we WILL see new music in the next few years and itll have a definite leg up on chinese democracy, since THAT band hadnt really toured as much as this one has

I meant as a songwriting entity. None of us can have any idea about, whether Bumblefoot, Ashba and co can write and record together because Axl pulls the strings and right now, Axl is too lazy to release an album. All this band have done is shown that they can play other people's songs in a competent manner.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem though with nugnr is they never have had a period when they have gelled.

says who ? if im not mistaken, classic gnr toured the west coast when they first formed the band and thats where the chemistry developed... or as you called it, thats where they "gelled" - i think the current band has been on tour long enough to say they have chemistry... may not be the chemistry the old band had since they werent exactly hitchiking across the country, but im sure theyve developed some sort of chemistry to say the least... theyve put on some awesome fukcin shows together... and some bad ones (just like any other band) imo this endless tour wasnt to fund a new album (they have enough cash for that already) it was to build the chemistry up to be able to write together... and i dont give a shit what any of the naysayers wanna write here, we WILL see new music in the next few years and itll have a definite leg up on chinese democracy, since THAT band hadnt really toured as much as this one has

I meant as a songwriting entity. None of us can have any idea about, whether Bumblefoot, Ashba and co can write and record together because Axl pulls the strings and right now, Axl is too lazy to release an album. All this band have done is shown that they can play other people's songs in a competent manner.

i dont necessarily disagree with this, apart from axl being too lazy... personally i dont think thats the reason we havnt seen new music, so much as the fact that hes a perfectionist and doesnt wanna realease halfass shit... if he were lazy, i dont think hed be touring so much... could be wrong, but i think he has enough money to comfortably retire... so why the touring then ? and if im wrong and hes not as financially comfortable as i think he is, well wouldnt he just set up a permanent residency in vegas like some of the other shitty acts in that city ? fuck, im a lazy guy myself and thats what id do if i were him and just needed cash lol imo i think he knows what hes doing and its not just cuz i like the guy

oh... also forgot to add.. about axl pulling the strings... hasnt he always ?

It doesn't seem like they hang out together in their GnR off time, as they are all busy doing their side projects.

ive said it before and ill say it again... i think these side projects are another reason we havnt seen new music... sure you could say they have no choice to do side projects cuz axl doesnt wanna sit down with them and write... its easy to blame axl... but really, do you think if they all got together, dropped the other shit they were doing and told axl "look motherfucker, were done with our other bullshit, its time to sit down and make new music" you think hed really say no ?

were duff, slash, izzy or steven working on their own shit between the time afd and uyi's came out ?

Duff and Gilby were recording solo albums during the Illusion tour which I have always found strange in itself as, surely all of your ideas should be pooled for the next gnr record. I remember somebody saying that, once the solo albums arrive it is over.

Duff and Gilby were recording solo albums during the Illusion tour which I have always found strange in itself as, surely all of your ideas should be pooled for the next gnr record. I remember somebody saying that, once the solo albums arrive it is over.

yeah my point exactly... duffs album was great and i still listen to it, but was it the beginning of the end ? gilby imo was just as much a hired gun as dj, ron, frank, tommy and richard though... and i still bought the album lol it didnt really hinder gnr as much as duffs solo venture but honestly, if any of them were serious about new music, theyd be doing that, and that alone

Like brothers or something? I think some of them enjoy spending time together when they are on tour. Except Axl do they have a gang type mentality in this group?

They are by default the replacement crew, brought together by managment to fullfill a role and to play a part. They do their job and play their roles and at the end of the day all go back to their lives until its time to roll out another nostalgia tour. Im sure they all share their coke and their groupies and maybe just for shits and giggles decide to kick the shit out of someone now and then for the good fun of it.

Would this band spontanioulsy have occoured like GNR did? Would they have picked one another for the parts they play? doubtful. That says a lot about a band. Is this group hungry for fortune and fame? Is it this band vs the whole fucken establishment -and if it is to your mind what cause would that be? IS it to prove themselves and grab the spotlight and claim the love and adoration of the whole world? To carve off some glory and write some music that has lasting profound impact? It is a band of fellas that instinctively know that they NEED each other and their talents to make it ALL work?

OR is it a group of professionals who show up and do nothing more or nothing less than what is writen in their contract to do?

These guys are co workers all working for the same boss and corporation....and at any one time could get laid off or fired at will.

Edited by rockerman

Until/unless they make new original music (or even shit that was made but nobody has heard) with W. Axl Rose, who gives a shit if they are tight? If they are so fucking tight and intent on making great new music, fuck, do it without Axl. Current band (everyone in current lineup), make CD 2 with a new singer. Call it seedee 2. Band name: "Gunners". I'll fucking buy it.

I'll maybe even go to a show. Ain't got nuthin' better to do. I'm bored.

Maybe we need to respect the band and shun the front man. All hail Ashba!!! (sounds weird but wtf)

Like brothers or something? I think some of them enjoy spending time together when they are on tour. Except Axl do they have a gang type mentality in this group?

I wouldn't be surprised if certain ones do "certain things" together.

Also, it's not that uncommon for bosses not to hang out with their employees.

Edited by BBA

they're like co-workers

FINALLY someone got it right.

Almost any band i can think of are "like" co-workers... its their job. They have to be. But i think co-workers tend to be a little less tight when they work a second job... just my 2 cents

How so? I don't hang out with my co-workers after work, I don't see them on weekends, we're not involved in each other's lives AT ALL, aside from working together.

Contrary to your statement, I can't think of any successful bands who are simple co-workers and who don't have anything to do with each other when they're not rehearsing or on stage together.

they're like co-workers

FINALLY someone got it right.

Almost any band i can think of are "like" co-workers... its their job. They have to be. But i think co-workers tend to be a little less tight when they work a second job... just my 2 cents

How so? I don't hang out with my co-workers after work, I don't see them on weekends, we're not involved in each other's lives AT ALL, aside from working together.

Contrary to your statement, I can't think of any successful bands who are simple co-workers and who don't have anything to do with each other when they're not rehearsing or on stage together.

in response to your first paragraph well... it really depends where you work

in response to the second, i agree... key word being SUCCESSFUL

I always got the feeling this current band sans Axl are very tight. You rarely see a photo of Axl chilling with them though

Mostly this. I don't think Axl even hangs out with Del much anymore. I think he's mainly abouy TB.

This is the worst group of people working under the GNR name. Pretty sad and pathetic. :shrugs:

They looked like a cosmic freak show when bucket and fick were in the band, especially during the 2001-02 aborted tour (which i was @ that philly show)

They seem tight on stage but the fact that they all blow off to the four corners of the Earth and seem to have little contact with each other between segments of the tour is a bit troubling. Seems to be part of what's holding up the writing of music.

Even without Axl's go-ahead, I'd hope that the members of the band would meet up now and then to just jam together or exchange ideas.