Undeniable proof that a Chinese Democracy re-release was almost done

ManetsBR

I really laughed when I read "undeniable proof" - where is it? A booklet with 2010-2011 printed on it? :lol:

Some fanatics need an education. Seriously.

i'm not a "fanatic" by your standards, but tell me do you honestly think this is fake?

If not, then why are you denied that this is a proof?

Could easily be fake....

I wouldn't want a re-release or a remix album anyway. CD has dragged on for 19 years, it's time for the band to do something new. Whether that is new material or material from the cd sessions that has yet to be release, idc, but it makes no sense to remix songs we already have and wait another 4+ years for an album of new material.

the real question is what really stopped this, did the record company not want to fund this release or were they not able to come to terms with axl on it, i cant help feeling like it could be a llittle bit of both haha

I really laughed when I read "undeniable proof" - where is it? A booklet with 2010-2011 printed on it? :lol:

i'm not a "fanatic" by your standards, but tell me do you honestly think this is fake?

I never said it was fake. Troccoli wouldn't fall for that. He's legit unlike some overweight D class former wrestler.

To say this is "undeniable proof" is laughable, however, the possibility of a failed re-release has been in the air since 2011.

3 covers on 2008: FACT.

Didn't work out: FACT.

2010/2011 re-release: The picture on the OP is a very strong evidence. Add that to the strong rumors back then, the remix album leaks, and the new tour gear related to the alternative artwork (like the Chinese Democracy fist on the piano top, the giant inflatable Mao head and the Red Hand) and I think it's pretty safe to say: FACT.

Didn't work out either: FACT.

The reason it's all theory is because in reality, it would be a really stupid career decision for the band. Why in the world would you re-release an album that didn't sell as well as you'd hoped? Why would you do a remix of an album that undersold?

Anybody with any sense of the music business would have looked at that idea and said "Uhhhh, no way in hell is that a good idea. If you want to strike while the iron's hot, then release a new album."

That's why I'm not completely sold that your facts are facts. Surely Beta and her children aren't that ignorant.

Maybe the Grenade cover was real but a bootlegger wound up reprinting them. To me it's a lot of work for something that wasn't guaranteed to sell if that's true.

The record company wasn't putting any more money or promotion into Chinese Democracy. As far as they were concerned, it was over and done with, move on to Lady Gaga.

Groghan, back on 2009 before the tour I emailed Brain and asked him if he was going to be with them on Asia. He said that he was not, but he was still working for Axl in a remix album. When Better Gone leaked I emailed him asking about it, and he confirmed it's his. There is a remix album.

And you say "Anybody with any sense of the music business would have looked at that idea and said "Uhhhh, no way in hell is that a good idea"

Well, does Axl sound to you like someone who has any sense of the music business and how to deal with it? He spent 14 years to release and album that flopped! What about his management team? Five years ago they were cleaning Axl's house and now they're managing Guns N' Roses. They certainly don't have much of a clue how things work either.

That's why this whole re-release thing doesn't surprise me at all.

Edited by ManetsBR

If this is real, this confirms that GN'R were committed to some sort of re-release of cd in 2011. That is about all we can be certain of.

So am I the only one that remembers MSL saying Atlas Shrugged would be included?

Edited by DieselDaisy

If this is real, this confirms that GN'R were committed to some sort of re-release of cd in 2011. That is about all we can be certain of.

So am I the only one that remembers MSL saying Atlas Shrugged would be included?

Maybe as a bonus on Vinyl or something like that? maybe a digital release? The are endless possibilities in the GNR world.

I don't remember that, all I remember about Atlas Shrugged is that Ron said recently that before the release he recorded a solo to it, but it was gonna pass the 74 minutes mark, so they removed the song.

On one of his recent podcasts with Hitman, MSL confirmed all of this "theory" is truth. When did he ever lie to us? Honestly. I don't wanna appear like a fanboy, but he never lied to us. Guns N' Roses on the other hand...

I also remember before the release they revelaed the tracklist, and there was a song called Stardust, which if I'm not mistaken is Street Of Dreams, and Catcher In The Rye was simply Catcher.

Edited by ManetsBR

It's a fuckin miracle that Chinese Democracy was released in 2008.

Look at all that stuff that failed: South American Documentary (2010), re-release of CD with another cover and proper booklet, remixes, DVD...

Let's start for the beginning, if they tried to re-release CD in 2011 with a new booklet, remix album, whatever whatever, then why do the actual CD exists? I mean, did they print millions of records again and didn't sell one single copy? Are these copies that Troccoli owns promo CDs? Are those prototypes? If this was supposed to be released with a remix album, where is that album?

I believe no one has bothered to ask Troccoli as to how and where did he get those from.

Yeah "undeniable proof" everyone. Fuckin' smh.

MSL, he only cupcakes when hes tryin to get stuff to share.

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum...you were just kidding right?

Other then random trolling, like everyone on the forum does at sometime, yeah. He's admitted to trolling when looking get stuff. You dislike him so much, did you download leaks? or just blow it off as MSL trolling.

Ron said that, regarding the Red Hand booklet, after it's release was cancelled, they sent copies to band members, tour crew, friends etc. Notice that the Red Hand booklet has a copyright from 2009! Not 2008 like the regular booklet, but not 2010 or 2011 either.

As for the Grenade booklet, Mr.SoulMonster found two copies of it on his local music shop and sent one to MSL. The vast majority of the Red Hand copies found were found that way: a lost copy among all the other regular booklet versions.

I don't know if they printed millions of it, if Axl has boxes full of it somewhere, what we do know is that the first print of Chinese Democracy never sold out, but for some reason they printed alternative versions 1 year later, 2 years later, THREE YEARS LATER.

Let's start for the beginning, if they tried to re-release CD in 2011 with a new booklet, remix album, whatever whatever, then why do the actual CD exists? I mean, did they print millions of records again and didn't sell one single copy? Are these copies that Troccoli owns promo CDs? Are those prototypes? If this was supposed to be released with a remix album, where is that album?

I believe no one has bothered to ask Troccoli as to how and where did he get those from.

Yeah "undeniable proof" everyone. Fuckin' smh.

Some good points, some shitty ones. But i thought you didn't care about this band or CD.

I don't remember that, all I remember about Atlas Shrugged is that Ron said recently that before the release he recorded a solo to it, but it was gonna pass the 74 minutes mark, so they removed the song.

On one of his recent podcasts with Hitman, MSL confirmed all of this "theory" is truth. When did he ever lie to us? Honestly. I don't wanna appear like a fanboy, but he never lied to us. Guns N' Roses on the other hand...

I also remember before the release they revelaed the tracklist, and there was a song called Stardust, which if I'm not mistaken is Street Of Dreams, and Catcher In The Rye was simply Catcher.

MSl also confirmed that to be true/ the Stardust, Catcher thing. Though its pretty easy to see.

Ron said that, regarding the Red Hand booklet, after it's release was cancelled, they sent copies to band members, tour crew, friends etc. Notice that the Red Hand booklet has a copyright from 2009! Not 2008 like the regular booklet, but not 2010 or 2011 either.

As for the Grenade booklet, Mr.SoulMonster found two copies of it on his local music shop and sent one to MSL. The vast majority of the Red Hand copies found were found that way: a lost copy among all the other regular booklet versions.

I don't know if they printed millions of it, if Axl has boxes full of it somewhere, what we do know is that the first print of Chinese Democracy never sold out, but for some reason they printed alternative versions 1 year later, 2 years later, THREE YEARS LATER.

Those booklets are real, there's no way someone took the time to make up this thing. Hell, even some of those paintings are in Axl House!

Those booklets are real, there's no way someone took the time to make up this thing. Hell, even some of those paintings are in Axl House!

Correct, cameltoe from This I Love page could be seen in Axl's house.

betaleg1.jpg

Here is what msl said...

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. (2011)

The album reissue would contain new artwork and a second disc containing bonus material. In addition to remixes of tracks from the album, the bonus disc would contain a new song 'Blood In The Water' as well as a new version of 'Better' featuring DJ Ashba, which would serve as the radio single for the reissue.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I never said it was fake. Troccoli wouldn't fall for that. He's legit unlike some overweight D class former wrestler.

To say this is "undeniable proof" is laughable, however, the possibility of a failed re-release has been in the air since 2011.

I see your point now

but i don't think this is laughable, the possibility has been here since 2011, now here is the proof

As you said troccoli is legit, so this is enough proof for me

Edited by Crash Diet