Bruce Willis

By 'outbursts' do you mean being a nasty vindictive snidey jew hating cunt thats as transparent as a newly washed window? Something about that bloke is just thoroughly odious...like Jimmy Saville, you didn't know what was wrong with him but he just emanated this fuckin'...horribleness.

Gibson has deep rooted prejudices against Judaism originating from his father's brand of Catholicism. He also has a drink problem and is the worst type of drunk, angry.

He's a troubled character, but an eerie serpant like Saville? I'm afraid I think your senses on that one are way off reality.

Bruce has been dropped from Expendables 3 (I assume) for Harrison Ford. I'm happy Ford's on board, but :(

EDIT: lol, now Stallone's taking shots at him on Twitter.

Sylvester Stallone ‏@TheSlyStallone 6h
WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

Edited by bacardimayne

Bruce has been dropped from Expendables 3 (I assume) for Harrison Ford. I'm happy Ford's on board, but :(

EDIT: lol, now Stallone's taking shots at him on Twitter.

WILLIS OUT... HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!

GREEDY AND LAZY ...... A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE

How do you know he's not being greedy and lazy? By the looks of his small, practically worthless cameos in Expendables I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

It's true though. If you're going to be a greedy asshole and not want to do as much as the rest of the people in the movie, what do you expect?

Also, Rambo was not a shitty reboot (Rocky Balboa wasn't bad either) and The Expendables 1 and 2 are better than 2 out of 5 of the Die Hard movies, and when the third one comes out, it'll probably be better than another one of them.

It's true though. If you're going to be a greedy asshole and not want to do as much as the rest of the people in the movie, what do you expect?

Also, Rambo was not a shitty reboot (Rocky Balboa wasn't bad either) and The Expendables 1 and 2 are better than 2 out of 5 of the Die Hard movies, and when the third one comes out, it'll probably be better than another one of them.

I'll give you Expendables 1 being better than Die Hard 2 and 5, but Expendables 2 was just as bad if not worse than DH2. The only thing that made that movie enjoyable was the "hey look, it's that guy from the 80s saying things that he said in the 80s!" factor.

Die Hard 1-3 are all really good movies as far as I'm concerned. 4 was pretty bad and 5 is utter shite.

Edited by Dazey

I'll give you Expendables 1 being better than Die Hard 2 and 5, but Expendables 2 was just as bad if not worse than DH2. The only thing that made that movie enjoyable was the "hey look, it's that guy from the 80s saying things that he said in the 80s!" factor.

Die Hard 1-3 are all really good movies as far as I'm concerned. 4 was pretty bad and 5 is utter shite.

2 is a "really good movie"? Go watch it again, preferably in close succession with 1. It exists solely to cash in on 1, with absolutely nothing about it that makes it stand out as a good individual effort. Just Die Hard 1 reference after Die Hard 1 reference tied together by the horrendous plot.

3 is great because it's different. It feels more like a buddy cop movie than a Die Hard movie, and it works. 4, while not great, is a solid modern action film. Easily more enjoyable than 2 if you take the nostalgia goggles off.

Even if he is, Sly talking about career failure is hilarious. What's Stallone done since the 80s? A few reboots and a shitty action series? Bruce >>>>>>> Stallone

I'm sure that's what Bruce Willis was thinking when he read it. Looper made just under 200 million and Moonrise Kingdom was up for an Oscar. How is that "lazy"? I think it's just a matter of his free time being valuable to him. He makes money just sitting on his ass at this point in life.

Even if he is, Sly talking about career failure is hilarious. What's Stallone done since the 80s? A few reboots and a shitty action series? Bruce >>>>>>> Stallone

I'm sure that's what Bruce Willis was thinking when he read it. Looper made just under 200 million and Moonrise Kingdom was up for an Oscar. How is that "lazy"? I think it's just a matter of his free time being valuable to him. He makes money just sitting on his ass at this point in life.

I'll give you Looper, but his performance in Moonrise Kingdom wasn't anything to write home about, or even that notable, in my opinion.

I think what Sly is/was getting at is that Willis wants paid all of this money to do hardly anything. He's probably got the smallest part in the movie and probably wants one of the biggest paychecks. Hell, Chuck Norris probably got paid less for his part in Expendables 2 than Willis did.

I'll give you Looper, but his performance in Moonrise Kingdom wasn't anything to write home about, or even that notable, in my opinion.

I think what Sly is/was getting at is that Willis wants paid all of this money to do hardly anything. He's probably got the smallest part in the movie and probably wants one of the biggest paychecks. Hell, Chuck Norris probably got paid less for his part in Expendables 2 than Willis did.

Which makes sense since Chuck Norris hasn't done anything relevant outside of an internet meme since the early 90s.

Which makes sense since Chuck Norris hasn't done anything relevant outside of an internet meme since the early 90s.

Yet his part in the movie was better than anything Willis did.

Just accept the fact that Willis is being a cock.

2 is a "really good movie"? Go watch it again, preferably in close succession with 1. It exists solely to cash in on 1, with absolutely nothing about it that makes it stand out as a good individual effort. Just Die Hard 1 reference after Die Hard 1 reference tied together by the horrendous plot.

3 is great because it's different. It feels more like a buddy cop movie than a Die Hard movie, and it works. 4, while not great, is a solid modern action film. Easily more enjoyable than 2 if you take the nostalgia goggles off.

agree with all your comments.

DH3 script was originally lethal weapon 4, hence the cop-buddy vibe.

willis has been phoning it in now for years, though.

Bruce Willis can't voice act.

When he was the voice of Bolt, it's like he touched on Robin William (you're making my ears bleed territory)!

He even had his own cartoon series that I watched when I was a child called Bruno The Kid.

I had no idea it was Bruce Willis back then, God I must have been a dumb fuck because playing it now, it's in your face.

Liked Armageddon (1998) for what it's worth, Sixth Sense (1999) & Unbreakable (2000) for what it's worth.

Interesting considering that Die Hard was originally written as Commando 2.

Die Hard 5 was the first Die Hard sequel to be written as a Die Hard movie. The second film was Commando 2, the third was Lethal Weapon 4, and the fourth was originally just a cyber-terrorism thriller which was re-written into a Die Hard sequel.

The original Die Hard was actually based on a book by Roderick Thorpe. It gets a bit confusing here, but basically, the book itself was a sequel to a book that was made into a Frank Sinatra movie. I believe he wrote it after the success of the first novel/film, knowing it would be adapted into a film sequel, kinda like Crichton did with Jurassic Park 2. They were gonna make it with Sinatra but it never happened, so they created a standalone film out of it and cast Willis in it.

If you want to get reaaaallll technical about it, in some fashion, Die Hard is actually a sequel (kinda/sorta) to this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062883/reference

"Die Hard" was based on Roderick Thorp's book "Nothing Lasts Forever," the sequel to his novel "The Detective," which was made into a 1968 film starring Frank Sinatra. Since a clause in Sinatra's contract gave him the right to reprise his role in a sequel, he was the first person offered the role of McClane even though he was 73 years old at the time. Coincidentally, Willis made his feature film debut in "The First Deadly Sin," walking out of a bar as Sinatra walked into it.

Also, kinda funny how DH2 (which McTiernan didn't direct) was originally Commando 2's screenplay, given this bit of trivia:

Director John McTiernan was originally going to make "Commando 2," but Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down the role. McTiernan then set his sights on "Die Hard." Schwarzenegger was the first actor who was offered the role of McClane, but he again declined. The role was then offered to Sylvester Stallone, Burt Reynolds, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, and Richard Gere before Willis nabbed it.

Die Hard 5 was the first Die Hard sequel to be written as a Die Hard movie. The second film was Commando 2, the third was Lethal Weapon 4, and the fourth was originally just a cyber-terrorism thriller which was re-written into a Die Hard sequel.

The original Die Hard was actually based on a book by Roderick Thorpe. It gets a bit confusing here, but basically, the book itself was a sequel to a book that was made into a Frank Sinatra movie. I believe he wrote it after the success of the first novel/film, knowing it would be adapted into a film sequel, kinda like Crichton did with Jurassic Park 2. They were gonna make it with Sinatra but it never happened, so they created a standalone film out of it and cast Willis in it.

If you want to get reaaaallll technical about it, in some fashion, Die Hard is actually a sequel (kinda/sorta) to this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062883/reference

"Die Hard" was based on Roderick Thorp's book "Nothing Lasts Forever," the sequel to his novel "The Detective," which was made into a 1968 film starring Frank Sinatra. Since a clause in Sinatra's contract gave him the right to reprise his role in a sequel, he was the first person offered the role of McClane even though he was 73 years old at the time. Coincidentally, Willis made his feature film debut in "The First Deadly Sin," walking out of a bar as Sinatra walked into it.

Also, kinda funny how DH2 (which McTiernan didn't direct) was originally Commando 2's screenplay, given this bit of trivia:

Director John McTiernan was originally going to make "Commando 2," but Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down the role. McTiernan then set his sights on "Die Hard." Schwarzenegger was the first actor who was offered the role of McClane, but he again declined. The role was then offered to Sylvester Stallone, Burt Reynolds, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, and Richard Gere before Willis nabbed it.

Die Hard 1 was originally Commando 2 not Die Hard 2.

Die Hard 1 was originally Commando 2 not Die Hard 2.

Die Hard was based directly off of Thorpe's novel, with the names of characters changed since it was no longer a film sequel to The Detective. So I'm not sure how that would make sense unless they changed Sinatra's character to the Schwarzenegger character. But then why would it say McTiernan wanted to do Commando 2 before moving on to Die Hard?

Guest Len B'stard

I liked two, i think it's underrated. It's not as memorable as one or three but it's one of those movies that when you sling it on its quite engrossing. Also, it's been said that it's just a re-configuring of the first movie but see it's kinda self aware about it and sends itself up in a way, with McLane going around going "how the fuck can the same shit happen to the same person!". And it's visually quite spectacular with the planes and all that, it's brilliant.