Bruce Willis

Anyone else have an unhealthy mancrush on Bruce Willis? I'll watch anything with him in it. I even sat through that shitfest known as A Good Day to Die Hard because of him. I think I need help.

srsly though, favorite Bruce Willis movies?

Die Hard

Pulp Fiction

12 Monkeys

Die Hard with a Vengeance

Edited by bacardimayne

The first four Die Hard films were generally as consistently excellent as an action series could possibly be. I was horrified by the 5th entry. Bruce is determined to do a 6th, I'm fully in support of that. They can't let the series end on a bum note, so it better be good!

The first four Die Hard films were generally as consistently excellent as an action series could possibly be. I was horrified by the 5th entry. Bruce is determined to do a 6th, I'm fully in support of that. They can't let the series end on a bum note, so it better be good!

2nd one was pretty shit, agree otherwise though

i never seen the last one. is it really that bad?

It's horrible.

the reviews really turned me off from going to the theater and watching it. now i might just torrent it :lol:

Don't even bother. It's just an eyesore. The entire thing has this ugly-as-shit blue and orange tint to it, makes it impossible to even watch. Truly a masterclass in shit filmmaking if I've ever seen one.

• Like 1

i never seen the last one. is it really that bad?

It's horrible.

the reviews really turned me off from going to the theater and watching it. now i might just torrent it :lol:

Don't even bother. It's just an eyesore. The entire thing has this ugly-as-shit blue and orange tint to it, makes it impossible to even watch. Truly a masterclass in shit filmmaking if I've ever seen one.

ouch

he's been acting odd in interviews lately, I was wondering what's up. not only the one that was publicized, the one on good morning America was strange as well.

he's always been known as kind of an asshole. that whole blue collar jersey guy attitude worked to his advantage in early roles, but with age he's just gotten more snide and bitter, with none of the winking charm of his older self. i read an interview in some magazine last year where he came across as someone whose interests no longer lie in his profession, but who still has bills to pay.

once in a while the old bruce shines through when he's happy about a project, and you can tell it's genuine -- he loved die hard 4 and promoted it gleefully, he loved looper and referred to it as one of his best movies -- but he doesn't hide his contempt for bad films. i think he knew before it came out that die hard 5 was a dud, and he couldn't care less about red 2.

he's a crank, and hasn't really given a good performance in quite a while. even in looper, a pretty good movie, he wasn't brilliant. i used to like the guy a lot but i feel like he's let me down and let himself down and i don't enjoy watching him in movies like i used to, because his lack of interest and effort is often very apparent on screen.

die hard 5 was painful - i didn't even finish it. i like the original four so much -- yes, even the fourth -- that watching them ruin it all with a single film just annoyed me. i'd prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

Guest Len B'stard

Bruce Willis is ridiculously cool...He has that thing in his eyes and smile.

However, yes : Die Hard 5 is a giant turd, complete waste of bandwith.

When he was young maybe, now he just looks like someone you'd meet in a trenchcoat at the park at 2am standing outside the gents toilet.

Bruce Willis is ridiculously cool...He has that thing in his eyes and smile.

However, yes : Die Hard 5 is a giant turd, complete waste of bandwith.

When he was young maybe, now he just looks like someone you'd meet in a trenchcoat at the park at 2am standing outside the gents toilet.

:rofl-lol:

he's been acting odd in interviews lately, I was wondering what's up. not only the one that was publicized, the one on good morning America was strange as well.

he's always been known as kind of an asshole. that whole blue collar jersey guy attitude worked to his advantage in early roles, but with age he's just gotten more snide and bitter, with none of the winking charm of his older self. i read an interview in some magazine last year where he came across as someone whose interests no longer lie in his profession, but who still has bills to pay.

once in a while the old bruce shines through when he's happy about a project, and you can tell it's genuine -- he loved die hard 4 and promoted it gleefully, he loved looper and referred to it as one of his best movies -- but he doesn't hide his contempt for bad films. i think he knew before it came out that die hard 5 was a dud, and he couldn't care less about red 2.

he's a crank, and hasn't really given a good performance in quite a while. even in looper, a pretty good movie, he wasn't brilliant. i used to like the guy a lot but i feel like he's let me down and let himself down and i don't enjoy watching him in movies like i used to, because his lack of interest and effort is often very apparent on screen.

die hard 5 was painful - i didn't even finish it. i like the original four so much -- yes, even the fourth -- that watching them ruin it all with a single film just annoyed me. i'd prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

He said he wanted to play the 12 Monkeys character & Butch in Pulp Fiction again.

I think the guy's career as an actor has taken some interesting paths that he's not a one trick pony as an actor.

I never bought into the Die Hard hype but as a Tarantino enthusiast he was the perfect Butch in Pulp Fiction and I thoroughly enjoyed Looper (which he was also a big part of).

Mel Gibson isn't anything but courteous to interviewers that respect him and do not dwell on past outbursts. Bruce Willis purposely acts incredibly ignorant from the start.

Guest Len B'stard

By 'outbursts' do you mean being a nasty vindictive snidey jew hating cunt thats as transparent as a newly washed window? Something about that bloke is just thoroughly odious...like Jimmy Saville, you didn't know what was wrong with him but he just emanated this fuckin'...horribleness.

To his credit though, he hides it well on screen, i'd be a liar if i said i didn't love and adore all four of the Lethal Weapons.

• Like 1