A look at the tweet itself, what do you get from it?

Guest NGOG

Generally speaking, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

How unprofessional is this tweet?

First of all, by saying 'generally speaking' they automatically contrast their subsequenent claim that they don't have any information. What they are really saying is they have the information but aren't prepared to share such information with the community (because they have adopted a frustrating policy of only telling us things a day before they happen).

Secondly, how can a label signed band like GNR not have anything to say with regards records, DVDs and touring? At the very least they could say we're doing Chinese Democracy II or a record featuring the new line-up. Furthermore, they're flat out bluffing on the DVD/touring subject. They've been touring on/off for the best part of five years, am I suppose to believe they aren't currently knee deep in arranging further money making tours? They are currently consumed by negotiating with South American promoters... surely they could at least express their aspirations for the outcome of those negotiations? Finally, 'Appetite for Democracy', a simple simple thing, scheduled to be in our hands weeks ago as a 'summer release'. Fernando said a few days ago they were working on getting it out. So where is it? We don't know anything about our own DVD release.

If you don't know anything about anything, how could things ever get confirmed? If they at this point don't exist at a talking level, how is a release possible? Why is GNR content to just let us hope as oppose to telling us they want to do A. B. and C. for us as other bands would? No, they'd rather arrange GNRmania hits South America part XVI.

To conclude, thanks for our patience? It's unsurprising that the braindead person running GNR social media has dropped yet another GNR related cliche, but we are well beyond patience at this stage. It's actually a really embittered sense of frustration that GNR management need to try and appease quickly.

Edited by NGOG

When looking at this tweet I see the biggest "fuck you" from any source of media to its consumers that I've ever seen.

Team Brazil lost an empathizer with that message. Fernando is getting carried away. He isn't entitled to be arrogant, if it weren't for his mummy he would be on the breadline in Brazil.

Don't think to much into it. The forum was in an uproar when manets got "complaints complaints complaints" a week later he came up with idea of asking the same question in a more professional way, a got the same response in a more professional way.

the hardest thing is just to accept this is just a band, and if they tour for fame, money, fun or passion then it's entirely there choice. If they want to release an album and don't promote it in 20 year period - its there choice.

AXL will play to 80,000 people or 800 in a bowl alley. If he lost many supporters i don't think he would care. He doesn't want more fame, he doesn't want a reunion.

There his cards and he deals them. Its shit for a die hard fan, but this forum is the worst place because it only fuels your frustrations.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

When looking at this tweet I see the biggest "fuck you" from any source of media to its consumers that I've ever seen.

Team Brazil lost an empathizer with that message. Fernando is getting carried away. He isn't entitled to be arrogant, if it weren't for his mummy he would be on the breadline in Brazil.

Complaints, complaints, complaints. :rolleyes:

The way I interpret this twit is that they don´t want to take anything for granted until they are 100% sure.

Then tweet:

We know you're all anxious for albums, DVDs and more touring; but we'd prefer to have everything set in stone to avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

The way I interpret this twit is that they don´t want to take anything for granted until they are 100% sure.

Then tweet:

We know you're all anxious for albums, DVDs and more touring; but we'd prefer to have everything set in stone to avoid disappointment.

Well, that´s a more diplomatic way to say it but I think that with certain people it´s always a no win situation. No matter how accurate or how elusive their answers are, people will always find an excuse to overanalyze and complain. It´s the nature of GNR fanland. :shrugs:

Then tweet:

Well, that´s a more diplomatic way to say it but I think that with certain people it´s always a no win situation. No matter how accurate or how elusive their answers are, people will always find an excuse to overanalyze and complain. It´s the nature of GNR fanland. :shrugs:

Yeah. The fans are the ones with the problem in this situation. :rolleyes:

Well, that´s a more diplomatic way to say it but I think that with certain people it´s always a no win situation.

So because the GNR community are fickle, that excuses the person in charge of GNR social media behaving unprofessionally?

Well, that´s a more diplomatic way to say it but I think that with certain people it´s always a no win situation.

So because the GNR community are fickle, that excuses the person in charge of GNR social media behaving unprofessionally?
I think you are taking this personal. What did you really expect? Great efforts though, you did get them to respond after all.

Then tweet:

This.

I think you are taking this personal. What did you really expect? Great efforts though, you did get them to respond after all.
Rule one is never allow the community to lose hope. The one thing you don't do is say you know nothing about everything everybody wants. Edited by NGOG

Rule one is never allow the community to lose hope. The one thing you don't do is say you know nothing about everything everybody wants.
Anyone who believes that they don't know anything is naive.

Generally speaking, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

First of all, by saying 'generally speaking' they automatically contrast their subsequenent claim that they don't have any information. What they are really saying is they have the information but aren't prepared to share such information with the community (because they have adopted a frustrating policy of only telling us things a day before they happen).

Secondly, how can a label signed band like GNR not have anything to say with regards records, DVDs and touring? At the very least they could say we're doing Chinese Democracy II or a record featuring the new line-up. Furthermore, they're flat out bluffing on the DVD/touring subject. They've been touring on/off for the best part of five years, am I suppose to believe they aren't currently knee deep in arranging further money making tours? They are currently consumed by negotiating with South American promoters... surely they could at least express their aspirations for the outcome of those negotiations? Finally, 'Appetite for Democracy', a simple simple thing, scheduled to be in our hands weeks ago as a 'summer release'. Fernando said a few days ago they were working on getting it out. So where is it? We don't know anything about our own DVD release.

If you don't know anything about anything, how could things ever get confirmed? If they at this point don't exist at a talking level, how is a release possible? Why is GNR content to just let us hope as oppose to telling us they want to do A. B. and C. for us as other bands would? No, they'd rather arrange GNRmania hits South America part XVI.

To conclude, thanks for our patience? It's unsurprising that the braindead person running GNR social media has dropped yet another GNR related cliche, but we are well beyond patience at this stage. It's actually a really embittered sense of frustration that GNR management need to try and appease quickly.

My old friend, It comes down to people feeling entitled to know everything. That is why I haven't posted anything serious in years, instead just tongue and cheek.

I wasn't sure if it was possible, but Team Brazil might hate the fan base more than the fan base hates Team Brazil.

That is a high freaking bar to clear, and gives you a level of the visceral level of contempt Team Brazil has for GNR fans everywhere.

They know deep down that many of us are onto them and the scam they have been running that has become Axl's life the past decade, and they hate us for standing up and exposing them.

They are a fraud, and they know we know they are a fraud, and it is what is fueling their hate for us.

you can thank the whole CD release "circus" for the short notice policy, and i dont entirely blame them for doing things that way because of that reason alone... that tweet was very unprofessional though... some things are just better left unsaid

I am not even 100% sure that was a response to the letter. Unless that's been confirmed since last night.

i dont think it was a direct response to the letter... it probably had a little to do with it, but may have been a generic response to everyone else whos been asking too... more than likely more for the people that asked on facebook and twitter since thats where the response was given... if it were a direct response to the letter, they probably would have posted something on this forum again