Axl's aging

AppetiteForGnR

Instead of taking better care of himself and leading a Hollywood lifestyle with a nutrionist, personal trainer and treatments, it looks like Axl is just a regular guy who eats what he wants and is aging like a typical Indiana man.

What do you think?

Edited by AppetiteForGnR

It's really disappointing that he doesn't whip his butt into top shape. A) It would unquestionably make his performances better and B) It would take so much fuel away from the fire of the critics that are only focused on the music secondarily.

It's really disappointing that he doesn't whip his butt into top shape. A) It would unquestionably make his performances better and B) It would take so much fuel away from the fire of the critics that are only focused on the music secondarily.

and C) We wouldn't have threads about Axl's aging and Axl's weight

There is something admirable about the way he's aged, its just the way he dresses himself. He looks so stupid covering himself up head to toe in heavy clothing. It makes people THINK there's something to hide. It also doesn't help that (and I say this with a staunch record of heterosexuality) he used to be a beautiful man. He always had great hair, a physically fit body from all the running around stage and a face that was not bad to look at. He wasn't an unattractive man, so to see him the way he is now you could really help but think he's let himself go. Its not that he hasn't aged gracefully, he just certainly doesn't look like he has and looks like he's trying to hide the fact that he hasn't.

Exactly.

And more importantly than anything else mentioned before, he doesn't look healthy at all being usually very bloated that could indicate very serious health issues... That's what bothers me the most, because I just can't imagine a world without Mr. Axl Rose on it...

And more importantly than anything else mentioned before, he doesn't look healthy at all being usually very bloated that could indicate very serious health issues... That's what bothers me the most, because I just can't imagine a world without Mr. Axl Rose on it...

1994-2001. But yes I agree with your point.

He does seem to not care about taking care of his body as much, but as you get older, it gets harder to do.

But, if he got himself into good shape like '06, he might be able to perform like that again...

Either way, the hat, gotsta go.

If he focuses on a new album that might give him the drive back. Axl played new material in 02, he was fit. In 06 more songs were played live, he was fit. In 2010 he played more new songs that hadn't been played live before, he was fit.

2011 came the lawsuit, then the tour but with same songs for nearly 2 years. Might be a bit of auto pilot.

Also it could be a medical problem or his age, rather than lack of drive. He is playing longer shows since 2011 so the love for performing is still there.

Instead of taking better care of himself and leading a Hollywood lifestyle with a nutrionist, personal trainer and treatments, it looks like Axl is just a regular guy who eats what he wants and is aging like a typical Indiana man.

What do you think?

I'm not a singer - but it protecting and taking care of his vocal chords the most important thing for a singer?

I was just watching a documentary on the new journey singer and he was working with a voice coach on his throat.

You've got fat opera singers who can hit notes that Axl can only dream about.

Is the actual throat more important than the body?

I can tell you seeing Axl up close at the Gov Ball he is in the worse shape I've ever seen him. He's not obese obviously but his def out of shape compared to just a few years ago. Again not terrible but he could use a Trainer and a nutritionist.

Bbf said in a recent interview Axl is a regular guy that likes to hang out and eat burgers. Maybe he should drop the bun

Could his thyroid be playing up?

"The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makesproteins, and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones. "

I have a friend mid 30's who was very thin until a few months ago, she has a problem with her thyroid and put on tons of weight. Being a gland in the throat it could effect voice as well as fitness and weight. Pretty much sums it up really?

Guest charlie555

Could his thyroid be playing up?

"The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makesproteins, and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones. "

I have a friend mid 30's who was very thin until a few months ago, she has a problem with her thyroid and put on tons of weight. Being a gland in the throat it could effect voice as well as fitness and weight. Pretty much sums it up really?

Could Axl himself just be playing up?

The man is in his 50s and he eats unhealthy food, drinks like a fish, smokes and generally doesn't exercise.

Compare him to Steven Tyler who nowadays doesn't drink, eats healthy food, exercises and can still run around singing on stage for a full two-hour show without oxygen breaks or having to stand still to hit the high notes.

There is nothing medical about it and short of any real evidence to the contrary (not just you having a friend with a dodgy thyroid) it is pretty clear that it all comes down to lifestyle.

I think that after doing martial art and a lot of training from 1999 to at least 2007, axl has just (for the moment) decided that it was enough. he wants to enjoy food and beer and don't care for once in his life.

He does seem to not care about taking care of his body as much, but as you get older, it gets harder to do.

But, if he got himself into good shape like '06, he might be able to perform like that again...

Either way, the hat, gotsta go.

Even by the end of 2010 he was definitely on his way to a shape where he could give great performances again. But 2011 came and he was back, way bigger than 2009. Also at this time his voice went and he kept forgetting lyrics and came down with a sickness everytime they had a live stream. Something happened in the first half of 2011 that made him give up on himself... did he go thru a break up at this time? Cuz he hasn't given a shit since.

Edited by jimb0

in regards to him being bloated, specifically his face, he must be on medication or steroids or something. Have you seen sum 41's deryck whibley lately? Apparently he's on steroids for an injury to his back or something

the-crap-we-missed-0607-21-435x580.jpg

Deryck-Whibley.jpg

Looks familiar

Did he shrink? He looks the size of a cupcake.

What do you think?

You're aging too

I can tell you seeing Axl up close at the Gov Ball he is in the worse shape I've ever seen him. He's not obese obviously but his def out of shape compared to just a few years ago. Again not terrible but he could use a Trainer and a nutritionist.

Bbf said in a recent interview Axl is a regular guy that likes to hang out and eat burgers. Maybe he should drop the bun

Are you sure?...

Body mass index (BMI)

People are different heights and builds, so just weighing yourself cannot be used to decide if your weight is healthy. BMI is used by healthcare professionals to assess if someone's

weight is putting their health at risk. It is a measure of your weight related to your height.

To calculate your BMI, you divide your weight (in kilograms) by the square of your height (in metres)

So, We have ? / (1.75x1.75)

eg: If his weight is 90kg 90 / 3.06 = BMI of 29.4

and 92kg and over would tip him into the Obese category.

bmi-chart.png

Do you think he'd be under 92Kg? :no: