Lady Gaga going rock? Footage of new song Swine

Sheri_Rose

It seemed good, until she kicked into it at the end when I started not liking it. Yes, you can't doubt she has talent. I just don't get why she seems to go out of her way to be so fucking weird. I guess Bowie was too, but at least the music was good. Eventually all of her songs turn into that dance thing like the end of this video is, which then makes the music suck and her just looking weird.

Having said that, I think the song Edge Of Glory is great. When she plays it by herself at the piano. On the album, it gets turned into the same dancy type of crap, but I won't deny the song when played alone is really great. She's probably capable of writing some good rock songs, but there's way too much about her I don't like that she seems to insist on having in every song.

Yeah, she is easily most exiting thing in Pop music since idontevenfuckingknow.

However, I have always been very bitter about how boring the mold she chose for most all big live shows/tours is. Most of it is the same exact bullshit much less exiting pop divas have been doing since forever. Ie, everything gets sacrificed on altar of choreography, dance numbers and costume plays. Most music you hear is the studio album being played on backround. Actualy performing your fucking music live gets forgotten or at least pushed to sidelines. You got 20000 male dancers acting almost as whorish as DJ Ashba and there are just too many moving parts for the sum-of-all-parts being even present enough to be seen. This approach is perfectly cool with Britney or Christina Aquilera etcetc; it's not like you were missing all that much with them doing things like this. Gaga on the other hand is a very impressive artist live as well, judging from precious few live clips I've seen that are either woman+piano settings or her actually focusing on live performance where performing her song live is the most relevant bit. Luckily I think it is highly likely she grows up with her fans in this regard.

RE. Youtube clips few posts up

I wish this were close to her actual outfit for some tour or another... It's nice being able to see the woman underneath all dat ART and GLAM and FASHION and shit.

Hasn't she always much flirted with rock? Bad Romance has this gigantic rock hard on tucked underneath that just begs unleashing.It takes very little effort and feels very natural to turn the original version to something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7NN9w9Z_g

If Gaga ever actually* perfofmed Bad Romance live by herself I'm betting she'd find it impossible to stay all that popish herself

* full set of live instruments, not toned ans sttripped acoustic

Edited by LTD