wheen woman needid talent not just takin there clothes of

lawrence

I think most of the female singers who are known for not wearing that much (a small minority)

would look better and more attractive with a little bit more clothes on. Then again, I do not think

e.g. Lady Gaga or Cyrus are trying to look sexy when dressed in pieces of plastic or less.

Madonna’s perfect bottom and legs are always inspirational to watch (not sexy to me),

if she shows them in every video and show - that is fine by me.

About the only singer who was able to look sexy in bikinis and thus get some advantage

from exposing a lot of skin was Sabrina (warning, you can almost see nipples):

About the only singer who was able to look sexy in bikinis and thus get some advantage

Warning, you can see nipples:

If you ask here about a 80s historical moment, most people would say this one.

Warning, you can see nipples:

If you ask here about a 80s historical moment, most people would say this one.

A good find Izzygirl. I was totally unaware of this historical performance.

She has plenty of talent, and there is no danger of minishorts or nipple flashing:

KD is a national treasure. Didn't the Stones give her credit for a song they wrote where the chorus sounded almost identical to Constant Craving?

There's been a couple of good female artists from Canada, Diana Krall, Sarah McLachlan, Chantal Kreviazuk, Amanda Marshall, Alanis.

Edited by moreblack

KD is a national treasure. Didn't the Stones give her credit for a song they wrote where the chorus sounded almost identical to Constant Craving?

It was for Has Anybody Seen My Baby? Apparently Keef's daughters were in the studio with him listening to it and they picked it out.

Her version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is breathtaking. It literally brings tears to my eyes and I'm not even a huge fan of that song anymore because it's been overplayed. The only time I would say Leonard has had one of his songs played better by someone else, and that is no mean feat.

For the love of all that is holy! Where is Kate Bush in this thread? Maybe I just overlooked it.

Edit: My bad, everything outside of OP is contemporary. Although, she did release 50 Words for Snow in 2011, it's not on the same level as HOL.

To be more on topic.

Émilie Simon and Annie Clark are my two favorite female artists these days.

Edited by David Bowie

For the love of all that is holy! Where is Kate Bush in this thread? Maybe I just overlooked it.

I agree! A thread about talented female musicians wouldn't be complete without Kate. :thumbsup:

Kate Bush is ear gang rape. That's why she ain't here.

Shut up you! You're just a tad too young to understand. :P

Lenny will set you straight.