Thought I'd post this before it gets taken down EDIT: London Pro-Shot Video

Huge fan

What the fuck is wrong with everyone? Are you even GNR fans?

He sounds great on the official pro shot I watched.

Must better than shitty youtube videos.

If you want perfection go watch current acts lip synching

You are confused by the defintion of what a "fan" is.

Axl was supposed to do a private show at Dingwalls after 2 O2 gigs in 2010 but cancelled at last minute, same as with Sao Paulo earlier in the year. Think he really was putting a lot of strain on his voice in 2010.

Axl's own fault for coming on at 10:30. The following night was worse, 10:45, but trains ran longer. 2010 was much better, on before 9:45, better setlist, AMAZING voice, and Duff.

Much rather see Izzy than Duff any day of the week and twice on Sunday. That would have made 2010 perfect.

Axl's own fault for coming on at 10:30. The following night was worse, 10:45, but trains ran longer. 2010 was much better, on before 9:45, better setlist, AMAZING voice, and Duff.

Much rather see Izzy than Duff any day of the week and twice on Sunday. That would have made 2010 perfect.

Seeing Izzy in 2012 was great, especially as we got 14 Years for first time since '91. But the Duff thing was a huge surprise. I'd be equally happy seeing either again, though I'd rather hear Izzy songs (Dust N' Bones!) than Duff songs.

Seeing Izzy in 2012 was great, especially as we got 14 Years for first time since '91. But the Duff thing was a huge surprise. I'd be equally happy seeing either again, though I'd rather hear Izzy songs (Dust N' Bones!) than Duff songs.

I'm quite jealous that you got to see either of those shows, let alone both. It had to be amazing.

I'm quite jealous that you got to see either of those shows, let alone both. It had to be amazing.

Not as amazing as L'Arc ;)

2010 was unbelievable. But 2012 was a bit of a letdown, since I went in with pretty high expectations. Not too high, since I'd been to Glasgow a few days before, but I had spent the past year or so listening to the 2010 boot. It's the only boot I've still got on my iPhone. Even though I knew Izzy was gonna play that night, 14 Years was a huge surprise.

If I had to rank the gigs I've been to:

1 = L'Arc 2010

1 = London 2010 w/ Duff

3 . Paris 2010 (my first)

4. Atlantic City 2012 (best of 2012 gigs, Axl's voice was almost as good as Philly, one of his best shows vocally of 2012). My first time getting Civil War and Estranged (latter of which I stupidly wiped off my phone, I even timed it right when I was filming it to get the whole song).

5. Abu Dhabi 2010 (got to see this one with my dad, he had a great time, though he thought 2013 show was better)

6. London 2010, 1st night (only one I've gone to seated, had really good seats but it still doesn't compare to being in the pit. Highlight was Axl wearing the bucket)

Big gap in quality here.

7. London 2012, 1st night, just for surprise of seeing Izzy

8. EXIT 2012, stage was ridiculously high, but crowd really made this gig, they were really passionate, it was a dream come true for me since I'd been to EXIT for the first time the year before and thought the only way it could get better was if GNR were there. I literally leapt from the couch when I saw it announced.

9. Glasgow 2012, front row, stage wasn't ridiculously high (unlike Serbia and Abu Dhabi)

10. Geneva 2010, crowd was lame, but venue was more intimate than other arenas and Catcher was a nice surprise. Don't remember much else.

11. London 2012, 2nd night. We got a proper encore, but I've seen this encore before, was really hoping for TWAT, which I still haven't got after 12 shows :/

12. Abu Dhabi 2013, Axl's voice was shot for more than half the gig. My dad preferred it to 2010, thought there was more audience interaction (I think he did interact more with this audience than at any of the other gigs I've been to, and he was in a good mood, which is cool). Good getting Catcher a 3rd time, especially since it replaced SOD, which I find really boring.

I watched the whole thing. Why? Because it's been a while since I've seen them in concert or seen one of their concert videos.

Best part for me was seeing Izzy, he's the ONLY member of the AFD and/or UYI lineups that I haven't seen perform live over the past couple years.

And if we're worried about it getting seen by the wrong people and taken down, this is probably the last place it should be posted. :suspicious:

I think someone said it's to dry sweat off the keys.

Never thought of that actually.

Makes sense.

It's not uncommon for guitarists and bassists to use chalk on their fingers to stop the sweat affecting their playing so he might do that for keys too.

I think someone said it's to dry sweat off the keys.

Never thought of that actually.

Makes sense.

It's not uncommon for guitarists and bassists to use chalk on their fingers to stop the sweat affecting their playing so he might do that for keys too.

Pyro dust
  • Like 1

I've watched this show... Really wasn't great vocally, I can understand why they pulled it. The rest of the band played great though! I hope they do a few touch ups for the Vegas show, nothing major just enough to avoid giving the usual morons ammo. It would also be nice for actual fans to have a well recorded concert from the current band that actually does them justice.

Also the shows on youtube, the GnR camp are fully aware that the show has made its way onto the internet.