Sebastian Bach book - Is he going to spill any Axl info?

ThinkAboutYou

I believe that people just interpret things differently.

My guess (and it is purely speculation) is that both those bands had conversations with Bach. To test the waters. No formal offers, but just seeing if he was interested.

So the bands would say "we never offered him the job" while he would see it as "they asked me to join."

That's exactly what happened.

I believe that people just interpret things differently.

My guess (and it is purely speculation) is that both those bands had conversations with Bach. To test the waters. No formal offers, but just seeing if he was interested.

So the bands would say "we never offered him the job" while he would see it as "they asked me to join."

That's exactly what happened.

I don't think he would have fit either band, to be honest.

Bach's best stuff, imo, was the heavier type songs like Monkey Business and Wasted Time over the more popular songs like I Remember You. Even Youth Gone Wild had more aggression than anything VR or Motley ever did.

I don't give a fuck about the autobiography of fucking Sebastian Bach. The only ones I'll read are Axl's and Izzy's, and the day either of them release an official autobio is the day volcano posts a 5 page letter on the Slash subforum confessing love of Slash and Myles.

I don't give a fuck about the autobiography of fucking Sebastian Bach. The only ones I'll read are Axl's and Izzy's, and the day either of them release an official autobio is the day volcano posts a 5 page letter on the Slash subforum confessing love of Slash and Myles.

In other words we wont be getting Axl or Izzy's autobios :(

I don't give a fuck about Adler's life story, and Slash probably made half of his up. I want to read Axl's and Izzy's.
  • Like 1

I don't give a fuck about Adler's life story, and Slash probably made half of his up. I want to read Axl's and Izzy's.

Not that I care, but I count Slash as just as much of a reputable source as I would Axl. Maybe moreso. Come on, there's so much stuff that Axl has said that we KNOW is twisted. Imagine the stuff he'd tamper with that we have no idea about. Thats the thing with all these bios, they are either totally real or rittled with stuff that people are looking back on and rewriting history about, mostly to make them look better. Axl has quite a story that I'd love to hear, but I also would see a book that would probably be 600 pages of him being the victim of random occurrences, when we all know he's not always void of blame for things. I can't see him ever admitting to being wrong about anything, which leads me to believe the book would be a missed opportunity.

Now Izzy, is a guy who would tell it as it fucking was. Problem is it depends how interesting he would be after like 1996.

Come on, there's so much stuff that Axl has said that we KNOW is twisted.

Like what?

Like what?

Being on Jimmy Kimmel and not saying what you are doing when you go offstage. You're huffing oxygen. Its not something to be ashamed about, yet he makes up this thing that he hates being on stage during a solo and he has nothing to do. That is probably partly true. But he generally leaves the stage whenever he's not singing and that wasn't always the case. If he can't admit to something as small as that, I question what else he might change just because its funnier or it sounds better in his defense. I'm not trying to put the guy down, but you can see where I'm coming from that he might not be entirely truthful right?

Like what?

Being on Jimmy Kimmel and not saying what you are doing when you go offstage. You're huffing oxygen. Its not something to be ashamed about, yet he makes up this thing that he hates being on stage during a solo and he has nothing to do. That is probably partly true. But he generally leaves the stage whenever he's not singing and that wasn't always the case. If he can't admit to something as small as that, I question what else he might change just because its funnier or it sounds better in his defense. I'm not trying to put the guy down, but you can see where I'm coming from that he might not be entirely truthful right?

Just because he doesn't say what you want him to say doesn't mean that he lies. He clearly says: "everything that needs to be taken care of." I think that includes his own voice, don't you think?

Edited by Lies They Tell

Like what?

Just because he doesn't say what you want him to say doesn't mean that he lies. He clearly says: "everything that needs to be taken care of." I think that includes his own voice, don't you think?

Not really. I think thats a very smooth way to avoid the question, as he knows the answer and I think he knows other people know the answer so its a matter of whether he just comes out and says it not. Listen, its one example of many. I love the guy to death, but he always paints himself into being the victim and thats not and can't always be true. Slash's book has many parts where he's like "dude, I was just totally wrong there" and they are moments I don't think Axl can own up to. Axl wasn't not saying what I wanted him to say on Kimmel, he wasn't saying what the actual answer is. He cluttered that answer up saying everything except oxygen. He said changing clothes, feeling awkward during solos. Come on, he gussied the answer up to be what he wanted it to be, and thats what I think a whole book of him would be. For some reason, you just seem very against saying that Axl lies at times.

In his defense, I'm sure he does feel kind of awkward dancing around for a couple of minutes during song parts where there are no vocals. He does change clothes multiple times in every show. I can understand why he would want to keep the oxygen thing kind of under wraps, but he didn't lie about it, it just fits into the "taking care of other things" part of the answer. Strange (and irrelevant) thing to get hung up on imo.

In his defense, I'm sure he does feel kind of awkward dancing around for a couple of minutes during song parts where there are no vocals. He does change clothes multiple times in every show. I can understand why he would want to keep the oxygen thing kind of under wraps, but he didn't lie about it, it just fits into the "taking care of other things" part of the answer. Strange (and irrelevant) thing to get hung up on imo.

He just asked for an example and it was the first thing I could think of. Honestly, I don't remember the "taking care of other things" part of the answer, I remember the part where he said "i feel awkward out there, and I do have to change clothes". I just think he skimped out on a main reason. If I had more time, I could think of specific example where he just says things that are outright untrue. Hell, it happened all the time in 2006 when he said Chinese Democracy was coming out THEN. I just know I've heard him describe stories many times where he's the one who you should feel sorry for and EVERYONE else seems to have it one unified different view.

I'm surprised no one else thinks Axl would fib the truth in a book.

Like what?

Not really. I think thats a very smooth way to avoid the question, as he knows the answer and I think he knows other people know the answer so its a matter of whether he just comes out and says it not. Listen, its one example of many. I love the guy to death, but he always paints himself into being the victim and thats not and can't always be true. Slash's book has many parts where he's like "dude, I was just totally wrong there" and they are moments I don't think Axl can own up to. Axl wasn't not saying what I wanted him to say on Kimmel, he wasn't saying what the actual answer is. He cluttered that answer up saying everything except oxygen. He said changing clothes, feeling awkward during solos. Come on, he gussied the answer up to be what he wanted it to be, and thats what I think a whole book of him would be. For some reason, you just seem very against saying that Axl lies at times.

But he told the truth. There's obviously many reasons why he leaves the stage. Oxygen is only one of the reasons. He said "everything that needs to be taken care of". Just because he didn't mention oxygen specifically doesn't mean that he was lying. I'm not against saying that that Axl lies sometimes. He just happens to have the reputation of being very honest. Even Slash said once that Axl's the most brutally honest person he's ever known. So please, could you mention just one time when Axl has actually lied since you're saying there's many examples.

The public blames Axl for everything, so it's only natural that Axl's defending himself a lot. But there's also more than a couple of times when he has blamed himself.

Edited by Lies They Tell

Hell, it happened all the time in 2006 when he said Chinese Democracy was coming out THEN.

But that's not a lie either. It was a TENTATIVE release date. When he announced the date he specifically said: "This is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee." It was the plan to release it, but things got in the way.

That's probably why Axl doesn't like to talk about the next record, cause he knows that plans change and he doesn't want to give false hope to people.

Edited by Lies They Tell

Hell, it happened all the time in 2006 when he said Chinese Democracy was coming out THEN.

But that's not a lie either. It was a TENTATIVE release date. When he announced the date he specifically said: "This is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee." It was the plan to release it, but things got in the way.

That's probably why Axl doesn't like to talk about the next record, cause he knows that plans change and he doesn't want to give false hope to people.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm sorry, but I think a lot of times Axl talks out of his ass about things that aren't true, yet he makes them seem like they are. I got tired of the whole "things got in the way" excuse years ago. This stuff doesn't happen to ANYONE else except for Axl. I'd be interested to hear what he says about it in a book, but I'd doubt its validity. If you wouldn't, congratulations. I'll attribute it to being in the middle of the night, but I'm surprised not one other person would doubt how true an Axl autobiography thing would be. People seem to go totally out of their way to say Slash lies though, which I think is pretty hypocritical. I don't see why he's not just as reputable as Axl.

Edited by classicguns4life

I don't think he would deliberately lie based on what people who know him have said about his honesty. However the same people have also said he has a unique way of viewing events which might not tally with other interpretations. Also as a poster here recently pointed out and I tend to agree a lot of his answers to stuff begin with 'I was told' which of course adds a whole new level of misunderstandings and communication issues. Basically though I think he would tell the truth as he sees it.

Edited by alfierose

Again, you can understand how it all becomes wary when he says stuff like "I was told". It kind of leads everything to be up for determination. I'm really not trying to put the guy down, but its like, he's the only one that acts this certain way. Like he's always in the wrong, like he's never quite fully aware of what is going on around him, that he's never involved in these big decisions. Again, agree to disagree, but that behavior rubs me the wrong way. It always seems like something fishy is going on.

The most interesting autobiography to read for a Gn'R fan if it ever surfaces that is, it'll be probably Beta's one - since she's got an amazing inside scoop on Axl's life since the UYI era.

Izzy could also make an interesting read from an early Axl & Gn'R period though.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm sorry, but I think a lot of times Axl talks out of his ass about things that aren't true, yet he makes them seem like they are. I got tired of the whole "things got in the way" excuse years ago. This stuff doesn't happen to ANYONE else except for Axl. I'd be interested to hear what he says about it in a book, but I'd doubt its validity. If you wouldn't, congratulations. I'll attribute it to being in the middle of the night, but I'm surprised not one other person would doubt how true an Axl autobiography thing would be. People seem to go totally out of their way to say Slash lies though, which I think is pretty hypocritical. I don't see why he's not just as reputable as Axl.

I have nothing against speculation. Feel free to doubt Axl's words as much as you want. But you said:´"there's so much stuff that Axl has said that we KNOW is twisted." And that is simply not true. I don't think you can give even one example of what Axl has said that we KNOW is a lie. You don't have to believe his words, but you can't prove that he's lying either.

Now personally I don't think either Axl or Slash is a full blown lier. They're simply talking from a completely different point of view. And there's probably been many misunderstandings between the two. I tend to believe Axl's words a little bit more, simply cause he has the reputation of being brutally honest and he wasn't on drugs most of the time, so he probably remembers things a little better than Slash. Besides, remember the time when Axl told that Slash had visited his house and Slash said there was no truth to it at all. I think that was closer to a full blown lie than anything Axl's ever said. Of course later Slash admitted that he really did go to Axl's house.

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 1

Expect a lot of ''duuuude''s from this Bach autobiography.

Izzy will never do a book as he is so guarded and private. He got cold feet on Canter's book when he found out that Canter was going to be interviewing Desi. The guy has just blocked off that section of his life. I could actually imagine an Axl autobiography before an Izzy one.

Slash's book is loaded with inaccuracies it is embarrassing.

Canter said if we want the truth we will get it from Axl.

My only concern with Axl's book would be how it reads. We all know Axl has a very...unique way of writing (i.e. borderline incomprehensible) and I can only imagine a full length book written in this style.

But think of the hours/weeks/months/years of fun we would have decoding it. For sheer enjoyment I think I would take a book over an album at this point.