Time for a database of police using deadly force

ohlovelyrita

"Officer Randall Kerrick, 27, of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) in North Carolina is facing charges of voluntary manslaughter after fatally shooting Jonathan Ferrell, 24, a former Florida A&M football player who had apparently been seeking help after surviving a major car crash early Saturday morning."

"Want detailed information on how many people were shot by police in the United States last year?

That's not so easy to find.

The nation's leading law enforcement agency collects vast amounts of information on crime nationwide, but missing from this clearinghouse are statistics on where, how often, and under what circumstances police use deadly force. In fact, no one anywhere comprehensively tracks the most significant act police can do in the line of duty: take a life.

"We don't have a mandate to do that," said William Carr, an FBI spokesman in Washington, D.C. "It would take a request from Congress for us to collect that data."

Congress, it seems, hasn't asked."

It would make the police look so bad if that was done. They might even have to change the rules of engaging criminals. Johnny Law would not be happy about that, imo.

I am also sympathetic to the police for all the stress that comes with the job but there is too much poor judgment that gets unpunished. I read there is one state with a SYG (Stand Your Ground) Law that you can kill a police officer id they are trying to kill you. Seems unbelievable.

I read about that on facebook...tragic...but looks like the police department is doing the right thing and immediately arresting/charging the officer...and the other officers have all been put on leave.

It was good that they admitted it early on that he had no right to discharge his fire arm.

To think the victim survived that horrific accident where he had to crawl out the back of the mangled car

to be shot for doing nothing. :cry:

I read about that on facebook...tragic...but looks like the police department is doing the right thing and immediately arresting/charging the officer...and the other officers have all been put on leave.

It's also important to note that the officer cooperated with authorities, not that it makes him any better, but at least he realizes he fucked up pretty bad.

It's also important to note that the officer cooperated with authorities, not that it makes him any better, but at least he realizes he fucked up pretty bad.

It just makes me wonder how they train these guys sometimes...or better yet, if they have continuing training, etc....it's only logical that some of these guys start to get trigger happy after being on the force, maybe after events happen, etc. They should be constantly receiving training, emphasizing the use of deadly force only as a last resort....they should be trained to grab their tasers unless they specifically see a gun.

I've been beaten up by a cop before, unjustly. I fought it in court and won. The cops who testified (and beat me up) got overtime to show up to court. Need a new flat screen? Beat the shit out of someone and pick up some OT.

That is terrible. Sorry that happened to you. It's unfair but you are not gonna forget anytime soon and when the times comes you can add your story to the long list that someone will generate. The database should happen in our lifetime as far as murders.

It just makes me wonder how they train these guys sometimes...or better yet, if they have continuing training, etc....it's only logical that some of these guys start to get trigger happy after being on the force, maybe after events happen, etc. They should be constantly receiving training, emphasizing the use of deadly force only as a last resort....they should be trained to grab their tasers unless they specifically see a gun.

I think the cop shot him after his taser failed. He could have shot him not to kill. It is so depressing that it continues with innocent people.

I've been beaten up by a cop before, unjustly. I fought it in court and won. The cops who testified (and beat me up) got overtime to show up to court. Need a new flat screen? Beat the shit out of someone and pick up some OT.

What? I find it hard to believe that police are willing to do such things and end up facing court all for overtime payment. I mean, if this is actually true the US is even more fucked up than I thought. In fact it's fucking tragic.

What? I find it hard to believe that police are willing to do such things and end up facing court all for overtime payment. I mean, if this is actually true the US is even more fucked up than I thought. In fact it's fucking tragic.

I don't think they actually gave him a beating to get paid overtime. More like they did it cuz they're arseholes and they just happened to get paid overtime to attend court. I think there was a hint of sarcasm in Matt's post to be honest. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

This thing's international, the police using deadly force thing.

The MET are a notorious & sometimes corrupt police force that is always under investigation itself.

They sent these guys in to corral the Occupy Wall Street peaceful protesters during its height: https://www.infowars.com/exposed-american-police-force-is-a-blackwater-front-group/

The public didn't understand why police would beat up people fighting for their socio-economic class either and that explained it. They weren't local cops at all.

Guest Len B'stard

In the court case regarding the murder of Mark Duggan, the guy whoose death was followed by the Tottenham Riots a coupla years back. Turns out, according to some witness, the filth planted a shooter in his car after they'd shot him.

The police are by far the largest and most powerful gang in the country.

It is said that American are more likely to die at the hands of the police than by t3rrorism.

In the court case regarding the murder of Mark Duggan, the guy whoose death was followed by the Tottenham Riots a coupla years back. Turns out, according to some witness, the filth planted a shooter in his car after they'd shot him.

Oh terrible. I followed that riot, didn't it last more than one day? They tore apart my friends neighborhood in Hackney. The townspeople came together and cleaned it up.

Guest Len B'stard

Lasted a couple of days and spread out from there.

Also, the death of Smiley Culture was part of the whole mood of discontent at the time, a reggae singer from the 80s, coppers raided his house and apparently he went in the kitchen and stabbed himself in the heart with a kitchen knife...cuz that sounds likely eh? Fuckin' cunts. Apparently he went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea...now explain to me what sort of a police raid lets the raidee pop into the kitchen to make himself a cuppa? Fucking bullshit, i made a thread about it before actually, was really angry about that, loved Smiley Culture.

Whats ridiculous is they reckon since he was up on cocaine trafficking charges he was afraid so he went into the kitchen mid-raid and stabbed himself in the heart...now why the fuck would he wait until the middle of a police raid to fucking stab himself?!?!?! Bullshit, total bullshit. Unless they were suggesting that there was drugs in the property so he knew he would be fucked as a result of the raid but no drugs were found.

The worst thing is the disrespect for the people, the fuckin' blatant lies they fed the fuckin' people and Smileys family, i mean it's not even clever is it, it's not even a well thought out coherent story, when coppers raid your fuckin' house they bash the door down in the early morning, get everybody in one room and watch em like fuck, if it's a percieved dangerous criminal they fuckin' keep you down while they ransack the place, you can't go 'i fancy a cup of tea officer, gimme a second, just popping in the kitchen!'.

And also, who commits suicide by stabbing themselves in the heart with a kitchen knife?!?!?! Like the most painful way imaginable, it's absolutely ridiculous, suddenly Smiley was a fuckin' Hari Kiri samurai :rolleyes:

'Cockneys say 'Old Bill' we say Dutty Babylon', yeah, too right Smiley.

Lasted a couple of days and spread out from there.

Also, the death of Smiley Culture was part of the whole mood of discontent at the time, a reggae singer from the 80s, coppers raided his house and apparently he went in the kitchen and stabbed himself in the heart with a kitchen knife...cuz that sounds likely eh? Fuckin' cunts. Apparently he went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea...now explain to me what sort of a police raid lets the raidee pop into the kitchen to make himself a cuppa? Fucking bullshit, i made a thread about it before actually, was really angry about that, loved Smiley Culture.

Whats ridiculous is they reckon since he was up on cocaine trafficking charges he was afraid so he went into the kitchen mid-raid and stabbed himself in the heart...now why the fuck would he wait until the middle of a police raid to fucking stab himself?!?!?! Bullshit, total bullshit. Unless they were suggesting that there was drugs in the property so he knew he would be fucked as a result of the raid but no drugs were found.

The worst thing is the disrespect for the people, the fuckin' blatant lies they fed the fuckin' people and Smileys family, i mean it's not even clever is it, it's not even a well thought out coherent story, when coppers raid your fuckin' house they bash the door down in the early morning, get everybody in one room and watch em like fuck, if it's a percieved dangerous criminal they fuckin' keep you down while they ransack the place, you can't go 'i fancy a cup of tea officer, gimme a second, just popping in the kitchen!'.

And also, who commits suicide by stabbing themselves in the heart with a kitchen knife?!?!?! Like the most painful way imaginable, it's absolutely ridiculous, suddenly Smiley was a fuckin' Hari Kiri samurai :rolleyes:

'Cockneys say 'Old Bill' we say Dutty Babylon', yeah, too right Smiley.

That story is so depressing, my heart sank. There is no way they'd let him out of sight for reasons of escape if nothing else. Things don't seem like they will improve until

the people see the death certificates stacked up to the ceiling --a monument in every city and the database could back this up.

Abuse of power comes as no surprise" but killing people for no reason is the ultimate evil.

Guest Len B'stard

And then when the riots happen its like 'oh these people destroy their own community' or 'it's just an excuse to loot' but why would anybody have so much disrespect for their town, their community, their neighbourhood, their homes? Cuz the moment you realise that you can be offed like that just cuz coppers want you dead you realise that in fact your home ain't your home, your neighbourhood ain't your neighbourhood and your community ain't your community, it belongs to the cops and/or the establishment cuz they can do what they want with your shit and not be accountable for it.

Yeah people stole, laptops, TVs, yeah people wrecked shops, burnt out businesses...it's an expression of rage and an expression of discontent and a response to feeling trapped by your situation and the lack of proper accountability for people that commit crimes against you whilst there is an UNBELIEVABLE amount of accountability for your person on the street, over everything, Jesus you get fined for throwing litter these days for fuckssake, working classes don't get nothing they don't have to pay for and they can't do nothing without paying for it. It's a symbolic reflection of the establishment and the logic they present you which is 'we can commit crimes and not pay for it' to which the response is 'fine, then so should we be able to', seems logical enough to me. Coppers killed men, looters stole trainers, which is worse?

The way i see it is when the working classes commit a crime they pay for it, they get put in cells, they get taken from their family, they get tags on their ankles, their movement gets restricted, they come out with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, by the very standards put in place by the establishment...what about coppers though? Or politicians? They get the inconvenience of a court hearing and then scoot off home to their wife and kids but what about Smileys family, what about Mark Duggans family and friends?

Edited by sugaraylen

And then when the riots happen its like 'oh these people destroy their own community' or 'it's just an excuse to loot' but why would anybody have so much disrespect for their town, their community, their neighbourhood, their homes? Cuz the moment you realise that you can be offed like that just cuz coppers want you dead you realise that in fact your home ain't your home, your neighbourhood ain't your neighbourhood and your community ain't your community, it belongs to the cops and/or the establishment cuz they can do what they want with your shit and not be accountable for it.

Yeah people stole, laptops, TVs, yeah people wrecked shops, burnt out businesses...it's an expression of rage and an expression of discontent and a response to feeling trapped by your situation and the lack of proper accountability for people that commit crimes against you whilst there is an UNBELIEVABLE amount of accountability for your person on the street, over everything, Jesus you get fined for throwing litter these days for fuckssake, working classes don't get nothing they don't have to pay for and they can't do nothing without paying for it. It's embelmatic of the establishment and the logic they present you which is 'we can commit crimes and not pay for it' to which the response is 'fine, then so should we be able to', seems logical enough to me. Coppers killed men, looters stole trainers, which is worse?

The way i see it is when the working classes commit a crime they pay for it, they get put in cells, they get taken from their family, they get tags on their ankles, their movement gets restricted, they come out with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, by the very standards put in place by the establishment...what about coppers though? Or politicians? They get the inconvenience of a court hearing and then scoot off home to their wife and kids but what about Smileys family, what about Mark Duggans family and friends?

Right! There is no worse situation then the people put in place to protect the people are their biggest threat. The "coppers" also give people different treatment based on their perceptions of their place in society. I didn't mind the protests but the looting of small businesses hurts the good, local people financially. It is important to make a point and take a stand so I understand that some people take it too far and there will be damage. The people in London seem more inclined to protest and speak their mind. I admire that. There was a recent case in the U.S. (a few actually) that very disturbing as well. http://www.thenation.com/article/175778/will-there-be-justice-nypd-victim-ramarley-graham#axzz2fTa14sxl Ramarley's grandfather marched with Martin Luther King's family and Trayvon Martin's parents for the 50th anniversary march of King's "I have a dream " speech last month. There are a few serious advocates around me. More people are waking up to the facts of these types of cases and getting involved.

Guest Len B'stard

I agree with what you say about destroying the small businesses etc but it's just a kinetic thing, it's not like it's organised to the point of 'Ok, we're going for this, this and this', when you set off something like this it an irrational thing, people acting with their hearts and not their heads.

• Like 1

This thing's international, the police using deadly force thing.

The MET are a notorious & sometimes corrupt police force that is always under investigation itself.

They sent these guys in to corral the Occupy Wall Street peaceful protesters during its height: https://www.infowars.com/exposed-american-police-force-is-a-blackwater-front-group/

The public didn't understand why police would beat up people fighting for their socio-economic class either and that explained it. They weren't local cops at all.

That's just typical, I hear cops from Detroit coming to London and teaching kids about their dogs because a lot of young people have dogs, big dogs, nasty dogs, like staff' s n' 'bulls. New York City did remind me of home but, bigger and; In America. I say bigger; the buildings were taller.