How would you react if you were to meet Axl Rose?

gunnari

It's quite surreal to be talking and shaking the hand of someone that for years you've watched on stage or on DVD's. He has a great sense of humour and is really nice to talk to. We chatted about a few things and I thanked him for a great gig, when he left he thanked us for going to the gig and for talking to him.

• Like 1

I think I would probably be like these brazilian fans and say I have been a fan since I was 10 years old and Axl would respond " I'm sorry." :lol:

This video is fucking funny!!!

Probably I would say something pretty stupid bc I would be very nervous and Axl would fucking around me just like he did in this video with those brazilians.

If I was given maximum freedom to do whatever I'd probably kick him the balls real hard then whilst he's bent over I'd punch him in the jaw. He fucking deserves it.

Once he's recovered we'd chat about music and bullshit into the wee hours. His shout of course. I ain't made of 18 year old single malt Scotch and Cuban cigars. :lol:

Wow. An insight into your relationships

cool

Id piss myself and tell him, how awesome he is. Not only is he a music genius, he rebuilt a band and released a cd when almost everybody doubted him. Basically id tell him he is god.

Celebrity worship is a weird thing.

I'd thank him for putting out a couple of the greatest albums of all time, tell him I loved CD and hope that he is going to release lots more new music in the future......and wish him the best for the rest of his career.

Maybe ask which he enjoyed more - 1986/7 being an unknown singer trying to make it or today, just going out and having fun and knowing you had 50 million in the bank, so success/failure at this point isn't a concern.

And ask if when they completed Appetite if he had any clue that it would be so successful of an album? Obviously they loved and believed in the songs, but did he think the album was going to be such a revolutionary success?

• Like 1

Id piss myself and tell him, how awesome he is. Not only is he a music genius, he rebuilt a band and released a cd when almost everybody doubted him. Basically id tell him he is god.

Celebrity worship is a weird thing.

I'd thank him for putting out a couple of the greatest albums of all time, tell him I loved CD and hope that he is going to release lots more new music in the future......and wish him the best for the rest of his career.

Maybe ask which he enjoyed more - 1986/7 being an unknown singer trying to make it or today, just going out and having fun and knowing you had 50 million in the bank, so success/failure at this point isn't a concern.

And ask if when they completed Appetite if he had any clue that it would be so successful of an album? Obviously they loved and believed in the songs, but did he think the album was going to be such a revolutionary success?

I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

Side and slightly related note:

A friend of mine and I were talking late last year about who we'd love to meet in the music world. I said that I'd love to meet Jack White, Axl Rose or Roger Waters. He asked what I'd say if I met any of the three and the only thing I could think of would more or less be the same stuff those guys here all the time: "X album changed my life!" "X show on X tour was amazing!" etc etc. We talked about it for a while and decided that just letting the artist know that you appreciate the music they've put out would be the best route.

As unbelievable luck would have it, I was able to spend a few minutes with Roger Waters several months after that (earlier this year). I wanted to go on about The Wall, Amused To Death, Animals and everything thing else I've loved that he's done, but I remembered what my friend and I talked about. So instead, I just said "Thank you so much for turning everything you've gone through into music the whole world can enjoy". He was signing a bunch of different things for people and everyone was barking orders at him but when I said that, he stopped, looked directly at me, smiled and said "Cheers, mate", then shook my hand again.

I would hope to have the same type of interaction with Axl someday.

• Like 1

Axl : "Hay!"

Me : "Hay...I need to ask you something."

Axl : "Sure go ahead."

Me : "WHY DON'T YOU JUST PICK UP THE PHONE & CALL SLASH!! YOU BIG BABY! BEFORE ONE OF YOU DIES!! I BEG YOU!"

Axl : "Firstly, the ball is in his court & secondly if one of us dies before he apologies then it will have been his fault NOT MINE so go & beg Slash before you come to me." (Axl turns to his army of bodyguards) "Get this bum outta here." (Security carries me off & throws me in the dumpster) Beta tells the rest of the fans the meeting is over & to go home, Axl needs to rest now. (Beta takes his hand tenderly & gently leads him away, all the while keeping her loving gaze upon him.) FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING HOME!

fixed

I think I would probably be like these brazilian fans and say I have been a fan since I was 10 years old and Axl would respond " I'm sorry." :lol:

Probably I would say something pretty stupid bc I would be very nervous and Axl would fucking around me just like he did in this video with those brazilians.

As much as I hate them for shoving a camera in his face like this, you gotta admit....it took some balls. Especially knowing how much he loves cameras :D

Russ - exactly and that's why I added my two other questions.

Those guys must get told the same thing a million times.

I love you, your music changed my life, etc,

I'd love to do a real interview with the guy. Not one with pre-approved questions or with Beta limiting what he could say. You could ask 1-2 questions about Slash, and still have 100 great questions. Think of the Halloween tree story or the Slash-peeing himself story - I bet you could come up with tons of funny stories like that.

Axl has never done an interview like that. I bet it would be a blast to read. Not just talking about future music or about the old band's break-up.

I am not interested in meeting any of these people and this is the same for Slash (so this is not an anti-axl thing) as I remember waiting outside some club after some snakepit show and I got bored after 5 minutes and went to the pub. What is the point? All you can say to these people is the same gushing nonsence about ''being a fan since x amount of years'' and ''loving your albums'' etc etc.

Those girls don't listen what Axl has to say when he says "I've been in hell for 25 years."...I would have probably asked Axl what do you mean by this that you have been in hell for 25 years.. :wacko:

If I had any guts at all I'd ask him if he would like to have dinner with me and wink but knowing I'd be spineless and that'd he'd say no I'd just stand there like an idiot.

It'd not be the kind of dinner ya'll are thinking. No, I'm not wanting to have sex with him. Just a simple dinner with conversation, anything more? Nope. It'd be uncomfortable for me and I'm just not that kind

of woman!

lol

Edited by Sheri_Rose

I would say "OMGGGGG!!!! AXL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I LOST MY VIRGNITY TO YOU!!! YOU ARE MY HEART AND SOUL!!!! YOU'RE MY BETA!!!!"

Ironically I did that when he was in Buffalo last June but couldn't get a response...

I'm very dissapointed.