How would you react if you were to meet Axl Rose?

gunnari

I'm reluctant to meet Axl at this point. It would never live up to expectations. I'd say Guns N' Roses are my favourite band of all time and his music had a major impact on me since I was a kid but that's about it.

I will always be a huge Guns N' Roses fan but Axl Rose seems to distant from the guy who was the greatest rock star that ever lived. I'm not saying he's bad and I think he's doing fine for 51 year old but his whole attitude and approach regarding the direction of this band has changed drastically. To me he often seems like a different person, not worse per se, but different from a guy I really wanted to talk to years ago.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't still turn into a major fanboy if ever actually did meet him. :P

I'm reluctant to meet Axl at this point. It would never live up to expectations. I'd say Guns N' Roses are my favourite band of all time and his music had a major impact on me since I was a kid but that's about it.

I will always be a huge Guns N' Roses fan but Axl Rose seems to distant from the guy who was the greatest rock star that ever lived. I'm not saying he's bad and I think he's doing fine for 51 year old but his whole attitude and approach regarding the direction of this band has changed drastically. To me he often seems like a different person, not worse per se, but different from a guy I really wanted to talk to years ago.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't still turn into a major fanboy if ever actually did meet him. :P

Everyone is human. At the end of the day I was really surprised how I reacted when I met him. He too had been a huge figure in my life since 88 when I was 14yo. He's not perfect, he's fucked lots of things up, like all of us. For some reason that makes him more human and I like that.

When I met him I screamed and blurted out how much I love him. It was pretty funny and ridiculous and he laughed, thanked me and put his hand out to me. :wub:

I was speechless watching and that's a first for me :lol:
Well, you were there as a witness to see me turn into my 15yo self and I'm glad you were. :)

What a moment!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

I'd let the person behind me in in front and go to the pub, what do i wanna meet him for, what could i possibly have to say to him about anything whatsoever?

If I was given maximum freedom to do whatever I'd probably kick him the balls real hard then whilst he's bent over I'd punch him in the jaw. He fucking deserves it.

Once he's recovered we'd chat about music and bullshit into the wee hours. His shout of course. I ain't made of 18 year old single malt Scotch and Cuban cigars. :lol:

Axl : "Hay!"

Me : "Hay...I need to ask you something."

Axl : "Sure go ahead."

Me : "WHY DON'T YOU JUST PICK UP THE PHONE & CALL SLASH!! YOU BIG BABY! BEFORE ONE OF YOU DIES!! I BEG YOU!"

Axl : "Firstly, the ball is in his court & secondly if one of us dies before he apologies then it will have been his fault NOT MINE so go & beg Slash before you come to me." (Axl turns to his army of bodyguards) "Get this bum outta here." (Security carries me off & throws me in the dumpster) Beta tells the rest of the fans the meeting is over & to go home, Axl needs to rest now. (Beta takes his hand tenderly & gently leads him away, all the while keeping her loving gaze upon him.)

• Like 1

If I was given maximum freedom to do whatever I'd probably kick him the balls real hard then whilst he's bent over I'd punch him in the jaw. He fucking deserves it.

Once he's recovered we'd chat about music and bullshit into the wee hours. His shout of course. I ain't made of 18 year old single malt Scotch and Cuban cigars. :lol:

Wow. An insight into your relationships

I don't think I'd want to meet Axl Rose. I disagree with most he's done for the past 15 years. But even if I didn't I couldn't tell him anything interesting without seeming all fanboy. And either telling him how much I like him or dislike him is no good to either of us. I never really understood that desire to meet celebrities.

I would be too starstrucked to say anything :lol:.

Nah, it's mostly those things really make me uncomfortable and shy. So probably, I would say something like: thanks and be out of there.

(Unless, I had a few drinks, than I would go all SLAA on him ;)

Edited by MBRose