Friday the 13th vs. Halloween?

Gia

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In contrast, the Halloween sequels never really established a formula or even any sort of idea of direction - a case in point by III: Season of the Witch. The Halloween sequels merely seem to exist to prove that the original was so much better and so much superior.

I really like Halloween 3. I thought it was cool that they decided to go with a completely different storyline.

• Like 1

In contrast, the Halloween sequels never really established a formula or even any sort of idea of direction - a case in point by III: Season of the Witch. The Halloween sequels merely seem to exist to prove that the original was so much better and so much superior.

I really like Halloween 3. I thought it was cool that they decided to go with a completely different storyline.

same iam a huge fan of halloween 3 as well. i wish the original plan for the halloween franchise would have stayed intact, it would have been cool to get a new self contained story every installment.

If you go just one movie Halloween vs. Friday the 13th, then Halloween wins hands down. But if you series vs. series Friday the 13th slays Halloween. I dare someone to argue for the Halloween series, I wil slay you!!! Just like Jason would slay Michael Meyers.

Halloween 5, 6, 8, and remake 1 and 2 are utter garbage. Worse than any movie in the Friday series, which says a lot considering Jason x. But at least Jason x is enertaining, the halloween movies I just mentioned are not even worth your time to watch.

Halloween 1,2,4, and H20 are good though. Special shout out to Halloween 3, not really part of the series but still much better than the other garbage entries.

I like all the entries in the Friday series in one way or another. Some more than others obviously. But some of the Halloween movies are utter garbage. I'm a huge horror fan and I literally stopped watching the halloween 2 remake, it was just so awful.

Friday's 1~4, and 6 are classics!!!

Jason X didn't suck as badly as what I had been lead to believe, I finally saw that a couple of years ago...definitely better than ...goes to hell.

I don't mind jgth. I enjoyed the back story they gave jason in it. The body jumping thing was ok imo also. But yes its one of thev weaker entries. Still light years a head of the shitty halloween movies.

I'm really surprised at how many chose Halloween

Friday the 13th is by far the better series to me

Halloween was so boring not to mention Jaime lee cutis's character was so fucking annoying

I guess I was wrong :shrugs:

Your not wrong, the Friday series is 10X better. But the OP didn't clarify if we are judging movies or the whole series. The original Halloween carries a lot of weight.

As a youth/teen I was more freaked out by Friday the 13th than Halloween, but probably because I lived in an area with lots of forest and trees and we camped out a lot - in tents and at cabins. So it was much scarier to be out camping in the middle of nowhere and hear noises in the dark.....than to be sitting at home, in the city, and thinking some guy in a star trek mask was gonna break in. Jason seemed much more frightening than Michael.

Tho I'm one of the extreme minority that actually loved Zombie's first Halloween. I think a lot of the hate comes from people who simple don't like Zombie as you rarely see a review of the movie without somebody mentioning his name in a negative way. But I can also admit that his second one was dreadful. I didn't even finish it the first time I tried to watch it.

At first I some what enjoyed Zombie's take on the first Halloween, but his second movie was so bad that it even killed the first one for me. It was just a horrible take on the character Michael Meyers. Meyers was scarier when you knew less about him Zombie completly over exposed him. We don't really need to know all about his childhood. He almost explained too much imo. It was scarier when it was just some kid murdering his sister for no apparent reason. Killers don't need to have a motive all the time. I understand that Zombie wanted to add a different take on the character, but I thought he was a bigger Halloween fan than that. IMO a true fan would want to capture the spirit of the original, which for the most part Zombie missed, especially with the 2nd film. IMO Zombie's Halloween 2 is by far the worst of the franchise and that says a lot considering how bad 5 and ressurection are. Like I said it's so bad that it even killed the first movie. I just complelty detest his take on the character, I will never watch either film again. If I want to watch a Halloween flick, 1,2,4, and H20 are where I turn.

Having said that, I really like House of 1000 corpses and devil's rejects. I haven't seen his salem movie yet. I forget what its called.

Friday 7 is pretty good, too bad we will never see the real version. That movie was cut to shit by the MPAA, horror films were a hot button issue for them back in the 80's. The real cut didn't survive, or is lost. I know the director John Carl Buechler (I believe) has stated many times the final version is nothing like the film he made.

The sleeping bag scene is awesome, best kill of the film. According to the director, they were gonna make Jason beat her against the tree multiple times, but the ratings board only allowed one time. I think thats part of the reason that kill was redone in Jason X.

Edited by Mike420

I agree, 5 gets a bad wrap. Most people feel it is the worst of the Paramount films, I really like it though. I kinda wish they would have continued the idea of copy cat Jasons for 1 more film. I'm glad they didn't make Tommy Jason though, that wouldn't of been cool imo. I really like the character Reggie the reckless, and I also like it when that dude gets it on the shitter. It's just different than the rest, thats why I kinda like it, but yet it still feels like a F13th film. Not like Halloween 3. Honestly if I had to pick, I might take 5 over 7, depends on the day though lol. :) But like I said before, I freaking love all of these movies. The first 8 are the best, when New Line Cinema got the rights to them, thats when they went down hill some. But even those have some charm.

I agree with Bran, it is a good bridge between regular Jason and super Jason that is in 6 on.

Who is everyones fav Jason? I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't really like Kane Hodder all that much. He's usually everyones fav, But Ted White and CJ Grahm are mine, 4 and 6 Jason for those keepin score :) I like the way Kane plays Jason, he just isn't very big. I like my Jason to be big and intimidating. I think Kane is only like 6 ft, thats my height. He just doesn't feel as threatening as some of the other actors take.

VII iisnt so bad, the aforementioned scenes are cool.

What do we think of V?

I like 7, for all the reasons everyone has mentioned, especially Tina. I guess my biggest problem with it is (other than Tina) it doesn't break any new ground. I mean in 4 Jason actually dies, then in 5 its a copy cat killer, then in 6 Jason is brought back by freaking lightning. 7 just doesn't up the annie any. Maybe if Tommy would have gotten killed in it, I might like it more. I guess I wish they continued the Tommy story line for one more film, that story line is the heart of the series imo. Honestly I'd prolly go with 8 over 7 just because its different.

I was pretty disappointed by V as a kid, but nowadays I quite like it.

Favourite Jason?

Part 2's Steve Daskawisz (masked) and Warrington Gillette (unmasked)- also part 3's Richard Brooker and an honourable mention to the one that jumps out of the lake in the first film.

I heard Richard Booker died not to long ago.

The first Jason was Ari Lehman (I believe is his name), I actually have his autograph so I should know it lol. My sister used to work in a hotel that hosted a horror convention, she got me the first Jason's sig as well as Alice Friday survivor, Mrs. Voohees, and the original Michael Meyers.

Doom likes part 2 huh? It's one of my favs as well. I hardly watch the first one, I just pop in the 2nd one instead. It pretty much replays the whole final battle. I really like how 2,3,4 happen over like a weeks time. Jason's most epic killing spree!!!

What do you think of the remake? As far as remakes go, its one of the better ones imo. But still not as good as the originals. They tried to do the best of the first 4 in one film, which I kinda like. I'm suprised they haven't done a sequal yet. I did hear Sean S. Cunningham say they are working on a video game, that would be epic!!!

Edited by Mike420

DOOM is saddened to hear of Mr Booker's passing and is envious of your autograph collection.

Big fan of the first 4 movies (2-4 really) with 2 being the favourite-and the scariest.

DOOM never watches part 1 and does the same :P

On the remake: totally agree, definitely one of the better (platinum dunes) remakes, yet not as good as the originals.

Obviously I was happy that they had him in the burlap sack for at least some of the film, and the fact he ran once again.

The chainsaw massacre and elm street remakes didn't do much for me at all-cant comment on Halloweens cause I haven't seens em.

Though dated, the original chainsaw massacre movie still has it all over the follow ups and remakes for the same reason I like Friday part 2 so much-its genuinely disturbing.

When you see all those bones in the house and the caged chickens, its fucking creepy...the generator, just the whole thing is fucked up yet not too ridiculous.

The house in the remakes was fucking lame.

With Freddy, not using Robert Englund is the first huge mistake, and though it may have been implied at points during the franchise actually having Freddy be a pedo was the second.

On a computer game: hope it isn't like the NES game!!!

I hope you can virtual slingshot that chick in the denim short's ass from part 2 in it-she gets DOOM's official vote for hottest Friday The 13th chick :drool:

Hottest Friday chick for me, I dont know thats a HARD one, lol. ;) My nominees are the chick that dies in the hammock in part 3 and the chick with nice tits that gets her eyes chopped in 5. But if if I had to pick one it would be the girl in the beginning of Freddy vs Jason. Oh and Agent Marcus from JGTH is fine as hell aslo. Fuck so many, but yes the chick in part 2 has a great ass. I wonder how that ass has aged???

I agree with Doom's take on the remakes, especially ANOES. That one just plain pissed me off. Freddy is my personal fav, with Jason a close second, then Michael Meyers. So the changes they made in that remake pissed me off. Another one they did was make Elm street completly irrellavant. Was it even mentioned in the movie??? It might as well of been called nightmare at a preschool. Honestly it's the only Freddy movie I never want to watch again. Just a horrible take all the way around.

As far as the Halloween remake, you might want to check it out at some point. At first I sorta liked it. But the 2nd one is just awful. Even worse than the nightmare remake. Complete garbage, it even ruined the first one for me.

As for the Jason game, I'm assuming it will be a console game. So I doubt it will be anything like the old NES game. I hope they make it a play through of all the films, that would be epic!!! Playing as Tommy hacking Jason to shit in part 4 would be awesome!!!

I made a complete Freddy and Jason series timeline videos from all the films. I used every film and put them in the appropriate year to have them make sense. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I got all the important story points, plus all the cool kill, and end fight scenes. All 18 original films. I would post it on youtube but I know the copyrights will deny it. I always have trouble with that. Anyone that enjoys these series would really enjoy it imo. If only a site existed that isn't a strict as yt. Or maybe I should try one of those rapidshare or something sites?

As for TCM, I also agree with DOOM. The original has an erie vibe to it. Poor Franklin.

Edited by Mike420