The problem with Chinese Democracy is that I feel like I could tell Axl how to improve every song on the album

Randy Lahey

If you watch the youtube rant he isn't helping at all. But I think that happened every night at Leeds. There were bottle fights waiting for them after The Prodigy. I'd been drinking and smoking since 9am that morning. Some guy in the tent next to us collapsed, the ambulance came and hauled him out on stretcher. But when Axl's bus swept past the stage down to the back stage area, that was electricity. you can't really top that.

If you watch the youtube rant he isn't helping at all. But I think that happened every night at Leeds. There were bottle fights waiting for them after The Prodigy. I'd been drinking and smoking since 9am that morning. Some guy in the tent next to us collapsed, the ambulance came and hauled him out on stretcher. But when Axl's bus swept past the stage down to the back stage area, that was electricity. you can't really top that.

It was pretty wild afterwards, it's all coming back now.

Same but I stopped drinking about 7 so i'd remember the show. And it was a great show. It just felt so surreal that guns were in a field in fucking Leeds! Great memories.

It was pretty wild afterwards, it's all coming back now.

Same but I stopped drinking about 7 so i'd remember the show. And it was a great show. It just felt so surreal that guns were in a field in fucking Leeds! Great memories.

Bucket did the Star Wars theme and the nun chucks. I think it was after Nightrain Axl said "I wasn't sure if we'd be back next year, looks like we will." ..."Bucket, look at all these fucking people." Like he was trying to convince him.

I think that's the year The Strokes got moved from the indie tent to the main stage. Jules had a broken leg or something "Ready?" "Lats Nite" that was epic.

I thought that was cool, and probably a genuine exclamation. When he said it he was looking out over the crowd. I got the sense axl could hardly believe he was baaack - and in such a big way. It sounded to me like he looked out at 40000 people, howling in the dark, massive bonfires way at the back, and he got a helms deep type premonition.

I thought that was cool, and probably a genuine exclamation. When he said it he was looking out over the crowd. I got the sense axl could hardly believe he was baaack - and in such a big way. It sounded to me like he looked out at 40000 people, howling in the dark, massive bonfires way at the back, and he got a helms deep type premonition.

Yeah he didn't seem convinced about being back really. I didn't really see the conviction until seeing them in Taipei in 09. It was a much wilder, tougher GNR show than the Bucket show. All the old stuff was covered truer to the orginal Axl wasn't braid. Once CD came out he kicked into high gear, for a year or two anyway. I guess peaking with Rio in 11 then coasting down the back straight to Malibu.

Has any other gnr album divided the fanbase than CD?

No. Mostly because in the past 20 years CD was the ONLY album GnR put out and before that there was no online fanbase to divide.

Certain "fans" were butt hurt over UYI.

I am old enough to remember that.

Yet you use terms such as "butt hurt". Very mature there, grandpa. :rolleyes:

Has any other gnr album divided the fanbase than CD?

No. Mostly because in the past 20 years CD was the ONLY album GnR put out and before that there was no online fanbase to divide.

Certain "fans" were butt hurt over UYI.

I am old enough to remember that.

Yet you use terms such as "butt hurt". Very mature there, grandpa. :rolleyes:

Respect your elders son