DJ Ashba Appreciation Thread/Chinese Democracy and CD Sales Discussion

wfuckinga

Show some love to the #demented being known as DJ ASHBA™ in this thread.

Check out some of his wonderful performances:

(it gets even better at around 4:01)

And of course, some #demented images!
7450081504_267e77fde8.jpg
7450082454_a8a476a301_b.jpg
7450081776_f5b645e43f_b.jpg
7450080368_15db42ef1b_b.jpg

Don't forget, you can purchase some $ic #AshbaSwag at http://ashbaswag.com

#demented #conquertheworld :dj:

Edit: Changed the name of the thread

Edited by wfuckinga

Show some love to the #demented being known as DJ ASHBA™ in this thread.

Check out some of his wonderful performances:

(it gets even better at around 4:01)

And of course, some #demented images!

7450081504_267e77fde8.jpg

7450082454_a8a476a301_b.jpg

7450081776_f5b645e43f_b.jpg

7450080368_15db42ef1b_b.jpg

Don't forget, you can purchase some $ic #AshbaSwag at http://ashbaswag.com

#demented #conquertheworld :dj:

why do i get the feeling this may not end up being an appreciation thread? lol

• Like 1

I appreciate his enthusiasm for the band

when he first came into the band i was totally neutral..even thought i really liked his style of playing in 09/2010...but the longer he has been in the band he just wears on me..the emo 40 something act is actually kinda sad

He co-produced an album by The Last Vegas, a young band that I like.

And he played some guitar on an old Enuff Z Nuff album that I liked.

He interacts well with the crowd during concerts, though I wish he'd stop doing the hulk Hogan ears thing.

Can't say much about his work with GnR, as Axl and Beta haven't given him a chance yet to put his mark on GnR, which is unfortunate. He and BBF have been in the band long enough that Axl/Beta should give them a chance to contribute to an album.

He just comes across a phony. Not trying to hate but that is just my perception. He has to try to hard to look cool resulting in magnum duechery. His guitar playing is laughable to say the least. Come on people he is bad. I do appreciate his attitude toward the band and releasing new music. At least he has got that going for him. I really don't understand how he got the job and what axl was thinking.

He just comes across a phony. Not trying to hate but that is just my perception. He has to try to hard to look cool resulting in magnum duechery. His guitar playing is laughable to say the least. Come on people he is bad. I do appreciate his attitude toward the band and releasing new music. At least he has got that going for him. I really don't understand how he got the job and what axl was thinking.

Axl put one of his famous Hannibal Lecter-style encrypted messages in the statement welcoming DJ to the band. He said something like "once DJ's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!". I think this is a fairly obvious reference to the huge pressure he was under at the time to consider working with slash again. And I can just see axl's inner circle calling slash 'The Hat' - it's just got such a sinister ring to it!

So yeah, I think axl grabbed at DJ to relieve pressure on himself. And we're all living with that now.

• Like 1

Axl put one of his famous Hannibal Lecter-style encrypted messages in the statement welcoming DJ to the band. He said something like "once DJ's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!". I think this is a fairly obvious reference to the huge pressure he was under at the time to consider working with slash again. And I can just see axl's inner circle calling slash 'The Hat' - it's just got such a sinister ring to it!

So yeah, I think axl grabbed at DJ to relieve pressure on himself. And we're all living with that now.

Never thought of that quote in that light. At first, I'm like no way would anyone spend the time to craft a sneaky slam underneath a statement like that. But then I remembered who said it. :) Pretty genius if he meant it that way.

Never thought of that quote in that light. At first, I'm like no way would anyone spend the time to craft a sneaky slam underneath a statement like that. But then I remembered who said it. :) Pretty genius if he meant it that way.

It was actually one of his clumsier ones. Some of the others are alot more subtle.

My fave was the one he revealed in the chats about the official UYI shot. Axl was trying to tell us the classic line-up was 'Dead!' from way back then, and the message was in plain sight! I wonder if anyone picked up on it.

What an intriguing guy.

Yeah, I'm glad people like him exist. Makes the world way more interesting.

So, here's what I'll say in appreciation of DJ. When I saw them in 2011 I was blown away by the amount of energy he brings to the live shows.

• Like 1

In all seriousness I do appreciate his work with Sixx: A.M. as that band rocks and I can't wait to see them tour again.

Many people seem to love Sixx:AM but I just can't get into them much. When Life Is Beautiful was a big hit well before DJ™ came into GN'R, I just never dug it. I haven't heard much of the second album (they only have two so far, right?), but I didn't like the single much. I don't hate it or anything, I just don't like it.

I think DJ got the job for his PR work more than anything. He isn't the worst guitarist in the world, but he is no Robin Finck. One thing I do like about DJ is his communication and banter on stage with the rest of the band. He seems like he actually enjoys playing with them. In saying that, I loved watching Robin on stage because he seemed to always be in his own little world.

I've done my fair share of bagging Ashba, but he's a good dude. The girls love him, he plays the old songs really well and he is very charismatic on stage.

Maybe him and Axl are just very tuned musically. They may have had a jam and felt some energy that worked for them both. Finding a fellow musician you can musically connect with is such a cool thing.

But on the PR stuff, DJ seems to takes the reins with the interviews (not including TMS) and he is the biggest whore out there. Sometimes you need to be a whore for people to notice you, and he's done that. Even though he cops a bad rap of most of the GN'R sites, people are still talking about him.