DJ Ashba Appreciation Thread/Chinese Democracy and CD Sales Discussion

wfuckinga

The band has been one of the hottest live acts in the world since Dj joined in 2009.

Note to Lolcano,

South America is not the world.

Regards,

The sane people.

It's more than South America they're popular in you twat

Yeah, but saying they're one of the hottest acts in the world seems a bit far fetched when you're playing a bowling alley.

• Like 1

The band has been one of the hottest live acts in the world since Dj joined in 2009.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

Actually they are popular everywhere except the US.

The US does not dictate how popular something is. They are simply a small fraction of the planet.

I'm Canadian and CD debuted at #1 over here and went platinum in no time. This happened mostly everywhere in the world.

With that said I believe CD went platinum in the US anyway??

Yeah it did. And I agree with Volcano, US doesn't dictate shit. Like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a popular album.

Like Lolcano said, and I'm surprised he actually admitted it, NuGNR (whoever is in it this week) are not popular in U.S.

Yes you're right, U.S is not a crucial market. Fucking LOL...

It's ok though Axl can keep doing his South American tours to feed his ego and delude himself people actually care about this band.

world-accordign-to-USA.jpg

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

Yeah, but saying they're one of the hottest acts in the world seems a bit far fetched when you're playing a bowling alley.

How many bowling alleys did they play again? Were they set up behind chicken wire and stiffed their pay, which was supposed to be paid in beer? Or was it some sort of special one off show?

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

It was a small gig for the fans so they could get closer to the band than in say an arena. A special, one off gig.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

The US does not dictate how popular something is. They are simply a small fraction of the planet.

I'm Canadian and CD debuted at #1 over here and went platinum in no time. This happened mostly everywhere in the world.

Yeah it did. And I agree with Volcano, US doesn't dictate shit. Like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a popular album.

Like Lolcano said, and I'm surprised he actually admitted it, NuGNR (whoever is in it this week) are not popular in U.S.

Yes you're right, U.S is not a crucial market. Fucking LOL...

It's ok though Axl can keep doing his South American tours to feed his ego and delude himself people actually care about this band.

world-accordign-to-USA.jpg

This map is fairly accurate, but as an American, I tend to think of "Poisonous One Off Freaks of Nature" before "kangaroos". Please fix and resubmit.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

Source for it going platinum in the US, please.

And LOL @ saying the US doesn't dictate much of the world's popular culture. Like it or not, right or wrong, it does.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

And LOL @ saying the US doesn't dictate much of the world's popular culture. Like it or not, right or wrong, it does.

GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY NOVEMBER 18, 2008 FEBRUARY 03, 2009 PLATINUM

sourced from RIAA's searchable database http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?content_selector=gold-platinum-searchable-database Type in "Chinese Democracy"

Cool. Oddly, that tally counts units "shipped for sale," which means the number is really all about the Best Buy deal.

I've never looked into this before, but where does it mention shipped for sale? I remember talking about this on MSL's site awhile back, but can't remember for sure what hte outcome was. I feel like BB did count the second the deal was signed, but I'm not positive. If that's the case, it's a cheesy metric. Maybe it had something to do with the "no returns" part of the deal, where BB had to sell them or eat them.

Edited by smoke

Cool. Oddly, that tally counts units "shipped for sale," which means the number is really all about the Best Buy deal.

I've never looked into this before, but where does it mention shipped for sale? I remember talking about this on MSL's site awhile back, but can't remember for sure what hte outcome was. I feel like BB did count the second the deal was signed, but I'm not positive. If that's the case, it's a cheesy metric. Maybe it had something to do with the "no returns" part of the deal, where BB had to sell them or eat them.

from link below:

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. Another difference is that SoundScan's archive only begins in 1991, while the RIAA has tracked artists' sales levels for 55 years.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=certification

I was going to point that out. I don't have any proof off hand, but from what I remember that tally is the ones Best Buy bought, not the ones customers bought from Best Buy.

from link below:

...RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers ...

This makes perfect sense then, to my point of BB not having the option to return, which is why CD went platinum. Thanks.

Edited by smoke

This isn't a DJ ASHBA™ appreciation thread anymore :(

There aren't enough #demented #ashbaswag #14yearoldemogirls on here to make an Ashba appreciation thread work.

#demented #ashbaswag #conquertheworld #haveyouseenthisthread #conquerthethread #conquertheforum #axllovesmydemos #shutupguysiactuallyamwritingstuff #iwearmoremakeupthanmywife #myeyelinerlooksbetterthanmywifes

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

That's why the world is fucked up, man. This is not something that a sane person proudly admits.

That's why DJ AShba, Justin bieber, Lady Gagger and other shitfaces rule the world now

burn them before they lay eggs, if you ask me....

from link below:

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. Another difference is that SoundScan's archive only begins in 1991, while the RIAA has tracked artists' sales levels for 55 years.

umm, why people still think that record sales matter?

Everybody downloads everything, record sales doen't mean jackshit now (from 2000 onwards)

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

You really need to get out of your cage boy and travel the world. No, that place exist and is not called "America".

If a couple of you idiots would read my post instead of knee-jerking into a retarded flame war, you'd see that I was not celebrating the fact that American popular culture tends to dominate world popular culture. And I have traveled extensively, including living abroad for multiple years, so fuck off with that too.

If a couple of you idiots would read my post instead of knee-jerking into a retarded flame war, you'd see that I was not celebrating the fact that American popular culture tends to dominate world popular culture. And I have traveled extensively, including living abroad for multiple years, so fuck off with that too.

No time for that! So what is it that makes you think USA = #1?

Yeah... of course! USA culture is equal to world popular culture. Let me guess. You have been to Hawaii n perhaps California right? You are awesome dude.

And since this is a Dj Ashba appreciation thread how about this: