DJ Ashba Appreciation Thread/Chinese Democracy and CD Sales Discussion

wfuckinga

In all seriousness I do appreciate his work with Sixx: A.M. as that band rocks and I can't wait to see them tour again.

Many people seem to love Sixx:AM but I just can't get into them much. When Life Is Beautiful was a big hit well before DJ came into GN'R, I just never dug it. I haven't heard much of the second album (they only have two so far, right?), but I didn't like the single much. I don't hate it or anything, I just don't like it.

Imo, the best songs by Sixx: A.M. weren't the singles. I enjoy Sure Feels Right and Oh My God from This Is Gonna Hurt

I appreciate DJ's tophat, just because it pisses so many people off.

Thank you for proving my point from the Sorum topic.

Are you deranged? Seriously. Surely you're in touch with reality enough to admit that people on this very forum have a hard-on for talking shit about DJ, many times warranted, many times not.

Furthermore, all you do is obsess over other posters. Why don't you take your own advice that you dole out ad nauseum and just discuss the topics without getting so emotionally invested. Now fuck off.

http://ashbaswag.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=18

Only $34 for a generic v-neck shirt. What a steal!

:P

No offense to DJ as a person, he's just living the capitalist American dream, but I do have to wonder how many people actually order his clothing. You would think if he had much of a fanbase they'd be around here, but honestly, it seems like the majority of people on this forum aren't fans of his. Maybe they're all on the Sixx:Am forums?

http://ashbaswag.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=18

Only $34 for a generic v-neck shirt. What a steal!

:P

No offense to DJ as a person, he's just living the capitalist American dream, but I do have to wonder how many people actually order his clothing. You would think if he had much of a fanbase they'd be around here, but honestly, it seems like the majority of people on this forum aren't fans of his. Maybe they're all on the Sixx:Am forums?

lol Sixx: A.M. forum. I'd love for there to be one, I dig the band. And to answer who buys his clothing: The self-titled #ASHBAFAMILY does. Here they are at Strawberry Fields in NYC

tumblr_muuf6kkmwG1rliddzo1_1280.jpg

Sourced from

Fact is that Axl seems to value and interact a lot with DJ during the gigs, so in that way he's an important part of Axl's band - that's the main thing. As a guitar player he's pretty good and shows some charisma on stage that others don't. All in all a good adition to Axl's band.

I don't like his look and "style", ashbaswag looks horrible imo.

I don't like his playing,... the guy doesn't really have significant or recognizable chops, but I have to wait for his work on new material before I'll definitely write him off... :)

I've heard/seen him playing somebody else's solos (Slash, Finck) and I like the originals better because of the FEELING he lacks.

I'm not 14 years old confused emo teenage chick so I can't drown in his "charisma" :)

Edited by onetimer

The only thing that i can apreciate is he is willing to do some new stuff and he's trying to play "bluesier"

Other than this: he is a bigger poser than Slash in his heydays. His guitar skills is average at best (which is only a bad thing if he plays other peoples material...)

I genuinely appreciate the enthusiasm he shows on and off stage. He does the M&G's, he follows fans on Twitter, He'll take pictures with you, he tries to get the crowd pumped up, he has fun onstage. Hate his 19 year old emo look at 40 all you want, but he's a nice guy imo

The band has been one of the hottest live acts in the world since Dj joined in 2009.

Note to Lolcano,

South America is not the world.

Regards,

The sane people.

It's more than South America they're popular in you twat

Actually they are popular everywhere except the US.

The US does not dictate how popular something is. They are simply a small fraction of the planet.

I'm Canadian and CD debuted at #1 over here and went platinum in no time. This happened mostly everywhere in the world.

With that said I believe CD went platinum in the US anyway??

The band has been one of the hottest live acts in the world since Dj joined in 2009.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

The US does not dictate how popular something is. They are simply a small fraction of the planet.

I'm Canadian and CD debuted at #1 over here and went platinum in no time. This happened mostly everywhere in the world.

Yeah it did. And I agree with Volcano, US doesn't dictate shit. Like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a popular album.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

Yeah it did. And I agree with Volcano, US doesn't dictate shit. Like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a popular album.

Like Lolcano said, and I'm surprised he actually admitted it, NuGNR (whoever is in it this week) are not popular in U.S.

Yes you're right, U.S is not a crucial market. Fucking LOL...

It's ok though Axl can keep doing his South American tours to feed his ego and delude himself people actually care about this band.

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

Like Lolcano said, and I'm surprised he actually admitted it, NuGNR (whoever is in it this week) are not popular in U.S.

It's ok though Axl can keep doing his South American tours to feed his ego and delude himself people actually care about this band.

LOL with your logic there is 2 places in the world US and SA :lol:

This week? What does that even mean? GNR has the most stable lineup it's ever had. Some of you exaggerate a lot.

Edited by volcano62

Note to Lolcano,

Regards,

The sane people.

LOL with your logic there is 2 places in the world US and SA :lol:
Because the UK, Canada, Japan and Australia markets don't matter to him.