Best Actors?

Black Sabbath

Fully agree with a few of those.

Day-Lewis is obvious and Spacey is great as well.

Totally forgot Rockwell. He was great in Moon.

Yeah he doesn't get as much mainstream attention as the usual suspects (pun intended). He was great in 7 Psychopaths, Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, and supporting roles in Frost/Nixon and The Green Mile.

Kevin Spacey

Javier Bardem

Michael Fassbender

Brad Pitt

Bryan Cranston

Daniel Craig

Forgot to mention Cranston, good call. I really hope he starts primarily doing movies now that BB is over, I see an Oscar or two in his future if he lands the right roles.

• Like 1

Daniel Day-Lewis is insane. He takes method acting to the point that is disturbing.

I read the during the filming of GONY he got pneumonia because he wore the Bill the Butcher outfit everywhere he went off set. And the crew apparently got pissed at him for him having them wheel him around the set of My Left Foot even when they weren't shooting. And apparently Paul Dano had a problem with him throwing those bowling balls at the end of TWBB. I'm sure there's more of this stuff, he should write a book when he retires.

This is the ACTOR thread dammit, make an Actress thread if you want :lol:

And yeah, totally dropped the ball on Oldman and Harrelson as well.

Ruffalo is good, but I haven't seen enough of him personally to call him one of the best. Denzel is great though, and I'll add Crowe to the list also, if only because I loved him so much in Les Mis.

Daniel Day-Lewis is insane. He takes method acting to the point that is disturbing.

I read the during the filming of GONY he got pneumonia because he wore the Bill the Butcher outfit everywhere he went off set. And the crew apparently got pissed at him for him having them wheel him around the set of My Left Foot even when they weren't shooting. And apparently Paul Dano had a problem with him throwing those bowling balls at the end of TWBB. I'm sure there's more of this stuff, he should write a book when he retires.

I heard when Scorsese offered him the role he had to go to Italy to find him since he was working there as a cobbler.

Why has nobody mentioned Tom Hardy?

Good question.

I'd like to name some dead guys

Spencer Tracy

Marlon Brando

James Stewart

Laurence Olivier

Humphrey Bogart

James Cagney

Marcello Mastroianni

And some older guys who can still wipe the floor with actors already named even though the writing is beneath them.

Al Pacino

Robert De Niro

Dustin Hoffman

Peter O'Toole

Tom Hanks (not that old I guess)

John Hurt