Do you like Guns n' Roses?

LTD

Do you like Guns n' Roses?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love GNR, but for me that means AFD - TSI?.

You also love discussing newGuns. You can't get enough it would seem.

What does that have to do with anything?

Stop trying to bait people into arguments.

It's nice seeing so many recent topics featuring civil conversation between people. The forum doesn't need snide remarks solely put out to piss people off.

Yes, I do. Because I love what Axl used to be so much that I'm stupid enough to hold on to a shred of hope that he's not done. It's denial, really.

And it's fun to watch people like you get pissy. :)

What does that have to do with anything?

Stop trying to bait people into arguments.

It's nice seeing so many recent topics featuring civil conversation between people. The forum doesn't need snide remarks solely put out to piss people off.

What does it have to do with anything you ask? Well I'll tell you, mister dramatic: I think he's a closet nuGuns fan. What now?

Furthermore, I think he's less bothered by my comment than you are. If anything, he'd make a trainwreck reference and that would be the end of it. Stop being such a drama queen. I guess I should just be thankful you didn't write yet another long winded self-important essay.

I think he's a closet nuGuns fan.

:lol:

I like that. I'm an out in the open Axl fan. As much as he disappoints me, I'll still check out whatever he's doing every time. I'll always say I'm not going to see him again, and then I'll go see him again when he's in town. It's pathetic, to be honest. But whatever. I'm on a GNR fansite. It's kinda a given that I'm at least partially lame.

So here's the way in which I'm a Nu fan.... To me, Nu = Axl solo project. If I look at it like an Axl solo project, then I say, well, Axl has put out some of my favorite albums with GNR, so I'll allow him a bad album. But if I think of it as NuGuns, they have one album. And I think it's a dud. I'm not a fan of that band. I'm a fan of the lead singer. It's all about Axl.

But I'm not gonna eat shit and grin when he diarrheas on my face at a bowling alley.

• Like 2

I was actually supportive of Axl up until the wait 2003-07 wait for CD, during which time he lost Buckethead. That killed off any excitement I once had and made me very cynical about the whole operation. Around 2001, I thought he had gathered together an interesting set of musicians and seemed poised to deliver something big which would surely ignite the world (did I have over-inflated expectations? Yes, probably).

These days I am very anti-Newgnr. I think the band are basically one big con. Periodic insults to the fans and woeful administration make me hate them the more. The band are also not as interesting or good as the 2001 line-up and Axl himself has declined as an artist. He seems somehow less of a figure than he was in 2001. In 2001 he was this mysterious genius creating masterpieces which may not or may be released. Now he is a washed-out peddler of 1980s nostalgia.

• Like 1

It's very possible to like Guns N' Roses without loving DJ. Poll is shit.

Yeah, I couldn't choose any of those alternatives. Is not like I hate the last 5 or 10 years, but is not like I really love Gn'R in any incarnation either, because I'd prefer if the classic or at least the UYI line up were still together tbh.

I'm still interested in the music, anyway.

I was actually supportive of Axl up until the wait 2003-07 wait for CD, during which time he lost Buckethead. That killed off any excitement I once had and made me very cynical about the whole operation. Around 2001, I thought he had gathered together an interesting set of musicians and seemed poised to deliver something big which would surely ignite the world (did I have over-inflated expectations? Yes, probably).

These days I am very anti-Newgnr. I think the band are basically one big con. Periodic insults to the fans and woeful administration make me hate them the more. The band are also not as interesting or good as the 2001 line-up and Axl himself has declined as an artist. He seems somehow less of a figure than he was in 2001. In 2001 he was this mysterious genius creating masterpieces which may not or may be released. Now he is a washed-out peddler of 1980s nostalgia.

So you've spent 7 years moaning about something that you've made up in your head? "Axl isn't this mysterious genius that I fantasize about, must whine now until the end of time." Seriously??? You didn't even start this account until '12, so that butthurt must really have been festering.

It's very possible to like Guns N' Roses without loving DJ. Poll is shit.

Yeah, I couldn't choose any of those alternatives. Is not like I hate the last 5 or 10 years, but is not like I really love Gn'R in any incarnation either, because I'd prefer if the classic or at least the UYI line up were still together tbh.

I'm still interested in the music, anyway.

I think I'm more interested in listening to people like DD bitch about nothing than I am in the actual band anymore. It's been so long since they've done anything worthwhile that I'm not really sure. Fire DJ, bring back Izzy and put Ron and Richard on leads and I'd love this band a lot more. Hell, just fire DJ and I'd be satisfied.