Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Quick everybody, persecute a guy because he's a bigger fan of Axl than you. There's no way you can let this nutjobbery slide. I say you should hang 'im. Then he'll never be able to try anything like that again.

It's a bit worrying that you think this idea falls under 'big fan' behaviour. Think about how this person must be thinking to go as far as assuming to protect Axl's feelings, even though they've likely never met him and certainly don't know him.

Do you think Axl, a guy who really values his privacy, would be pleased with this sort of 'fan'?

I know this idea has already came up but I guess this could be done.

We could get together and get the stuff from the E.Everly auctions. Once we get everything (or at least a good portion of it) we put the material together, put it all inside boxes and send to the GN'R camp.

We don't need to do that for all the items. GN'R memorabilia I guess it's not the issue. But at least all the personal letters and lyrics and real personal stuff.

I know it's a lot of money. I know it's hard to be done. But if the fans take it seriously to help Axl, maybe it works.

I was one of the people who put together the 50th anniversary LA Weekly ad for Axl. It wasn't an easy thing to do (to get all the people, to collect the money, do everything the right way) but we were successful and Axl was happy about it.

I don't have the same amount of free time available I had back then to lead this thing but I surely can help out if others are interested.

We do not know how Axl feels about this but I guess it's safe to say that chances are 99% he's angry at this and we, as fans, should try to help him out.

I don't think this woman deserves one cent from this personal things she's selling but if we consider that someone will end up getting this stuff...

Well - if any of you want to take this topic seriously, let me know. I also don't care at all if you wanna make the exact same topic at other forums out there. I don't want to spread the word about this auctions but we should spread the word (at least among the hardcore fans) to try and help out.

That would be a nice thing to do. It crossed my mind for a second. But I'm afraid if everyone does that, it could raise the price of those items. We could get in the way of Axl if he wants them back and is buying them anonimously. Hell is paved with good intentions.

I understand the gesture. It's not about owing Axl anything or the price of it, it's more about doing something we feel is right and showing him that we care. I'm just not sure it's the right way to do it.

I don't think Axl wants the fans to bid on any of this stuff even if it was with good intentions. I think he'd want her coming out with little money from it.

Quick everybody, persecute a guy because he's a bigger fan of Axl than you. There's no way you can let this nutjobbery slide. I say you should hang 'im. Then he'll never be able to try anything like that again.

It's a bit worrying that you think this idea falls under 'big fan' behaviour. Think about how this person must be thinking to go as far as assuming to protect Axl's feelings, even though they've likely never met him and certainly don't know him.

Do you think Axl, a guy who really values his privacy, would be pleased with this sort of 'fan'?

It's quite a bit more worrying that you think you should be able to criticize somebody because you think that his actions would go unappreciated. Would I join him in his crusade? Not in this lifetime. Do I think it's my responsibility to make him feel bad about wanting to do something for his favorite singer like you do? Not at all. It suggests severe mental deficiencies on your part that you even care at all.

It's quite a bit more worrying that you think you should be able to criticize somebody because you think that his actions would go unappreciated. Would I join him in his crusade? Not in this lifetime. Do I think it's my responsibility to make him feel bad about wanting to do something for his favorite singer like you do? Not at all. It suggests severe mental deficiencies on your part that you even care at all.

He posted the idea in discussion and news. People are discussing it. Severe mental deficiencies?

He posted the idea in discussion and news. People are discussing it. Severe mental deficiencies?

Discussion and ridicule are 2 very different things.

Not trying to get involved in this war of words............but coming from you, that seriously made me laugh out loud. Dude, you ridicule people constantly on here!!!! I'm not complaining as I do it as well. Just pointing out it's sort of funny to see you say that, when you call people names in about 75% of your posts. Including the one above this where you say "it suggests severe mental deficiencies on your part." That's kind of your calling card on here.

Not trying to get involved in this war of words............but coming from you, that seriously made me laugh out loud. Dude, you ridicule people constantly on here!!!! I'm not complaining as I do it as well. Just pointing out it's sort of funny to see you say that, when you call people names in about 75% of your posts. Including the one above this where you say "it suggests severe mental deficiencies on your part." That's kind of your calling card on here.

Never have I ran off a new poster. Insulting regulars is something I have no problem with. I congratulate you on admitting that you do the same though, there really is a first time for everything.

Never have I ran off a new poster. Insulting regulars is something I have no problem with. I congratulate you on admitting that you do the same though, there really is a first time for everything.

Nice. I'm glad you got your dig in on me! I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong about something. I do occasionally make mistakes! And I bad mouth posters on here all the time. Never said I didn't.

So it's OK to insult somebody as long as they're not new? What if it's an old poster with a new name? What is the time frame before somebody can be insulted?

An she has been a poster for over a year!

I just think that her idea was ludicrous and creepy. Axl doesn't give a f*ck about us as people, so why should we about him? I'll financially support his career - like I have for 25 years. But I'm not donating money to buy an old love letter that his ex from 20 years ago is selling. If my house burnt down and my entire family received life-threatening burns, do you think Axl would donate money to my hospital fund? No. So why would I donate money so his "feelings" didn't get hurt?

Edited by Groghan

Nice. I'm glad you got your dig in on me! I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong about something. I do occasionally make mistakes!

So it's OK to insult somebody as long as their not new? What if it's an old poster with a new name? What is the time frame before somebody can be insulted?

100 posts and it's on. Unless they decide they should start with you, then it's on from the beginning. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. :thumbsup:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

You don't run down new posters as a rule? That makes no sense. Surely you should just respond to what they're saying as you normally would, and just ignore their post count? It's what they're saying that counts.

Besides, I think this idea deserves to be ridiculed. Because it's fucking RIDICULous.

You don't run down new posters as a rule? That makes no sense. Surely you should just respond to what they're saying as you normally would, and just ignore their post count? It's what they're saying that counts.

Besides, I think this idea deserves to be ridiculed. Because it's fucking RIDICULous.

Everybody deserves a chance to prove their stupidity. 100 posts is plenty of chance.

Everybody deserves a chance to prove their stupidity. 100 posts is plenty of chance.

Dammit. I was using 35 posts and a year as a member as the magic number.

I'll compromise. 50 posts within six months, 75 posts within a year, and 100 posts if they've been a member for over a year?

But if they use the term Nutter, cupcake, Slashole or Axlite, then all those required numbers are reduced by 50%.

I'll compromise. 50 posts within six months, 75 posts within a year, and 100 posts if they've been a member for over a year?

But if they use the term Nutter, cupcake, Slashole or Axlite, then all those required numbers are reduced by 50%.

That will work. If they use any of those terms you can reduce it to instantly.

guys, its damn_smooth, why waste your time? i'm sure he/she agrees with me. sorry for the off-topic.

I don't ever agree with you, get it right.

Objection. Weekend and evening posts may be alcohol-fuelled, and should attract a 50% reduction in stupidity tariff. Unless they include the terms stated above, for which no excuse is valid.

Objection. Weekend and evening posts may be alcohol-fuelled, and should attract a 50% reduction in stupidity tariff. Unless they include the the terms stated above, for which no excuse is valid.

Great objection. Weekend posts should be eliminated altogether. Thankfully, most of those posts will be deleted by the mod team, so they shouldn't throw the post count off.

Del James knows about the auction.So I'm sure if he knows that Team Brazil knows and maybe Axl.I say maybe Axl,cause Del may have told him and he may not have.Depends on if he feels it is or isn't something that would anger Axl.

But yes,Del knows about it.

Del James knows about the auction.So I'm sure if he knows that Team Brazil knows and maybe Axl.I say maybe Axl,cause Del may have told him and he may not have.Depends on if he feels it is or isn't something that would anger Axl.

But yes,Del knows about it.

I'm kind of surprised Doug Goldstein didn't try to get that stuff back for Axl.

Cause I sent him a message about it.And no,before anyone says,I didn't do it to suck up to the GN'R camp.In my opinion,and really I don't know why I feel this way.But I don't think Axl would agree to some of the stuff she's selling.

I mean,there's lyrics and shit,that he may think he misplaced.The letter from their dad.Even tho he doesn't or didn't at one time like his dad(step-dad actually).To me some of it's just a little too personal.

I first saw it on FB on Fans of RIP magazine.Which Del belongs to that FB page too,so he would have eventually saw it,if he hadn't already,before I sent him the message.

I actually told him about someone trying to sell an old year book,claiming to have stuff written inside by Axl.Thought maybe Axl woulda liked to have seen it.Why?Who knows,cause he didn't like a lot of those people either. Lol

But Del and I post from time to time on each other's FB posts.I pretty much leave him alone and not bug him.Unless,deep down,I feel like it's something that I think he or the band or whatever,should know about.Or if I have a burning question.

Edited by SweetRose