Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

If you were going to say who I think you were going to say,which was Madison. No I'm not her.

He was trying to say you were the worst member this forum has had, Warchild. This awful member had a particular way to write, which was using commas with no space.

I apologize on his behalf because I have seen you in this forum ever since I joined and you're a great poster. You're definitely not her.

Keep it up :)

• Like 1

I think that's real fucked up that Erin is selling those love notes, poems and breakup letters. Its really no ones business. If I was able to buy them, Id send them back to Axl.

Right on! I forget which celeb's fan bought their letters and sent them back to them.

Erin's items don't appear to be going to a charity but perhaps

she should consider donating a percentage.

My understanding here is Axl's sister's post might indicate Axl is affected aversely by this decision.

I agree with Magisme about the "ethical compass". Do unto others ....

Exploiting someone's fame for money isn't right. Everly and Seymour have their side of it but

they would not be household names without Axl Rose. Money grubbing never ends for some.

I did read some of his love letter. Altho theirs is a sweet love story, I think it is pretty clear he

was not being honest when he said he never cheated! I hope Erin got what she

needed in her next relationships!

Edited by ohlovelyrita

I think that's real fucked up that Erin is selling those love notes, poems and breakup letters. Its really no ones business. If I was able to buy them, Id send them back to Axl.

Right on! I forget which celeb's fan bought their letters and sent them back to them.

My understanding here is Axl's sister's post might indicate Axl is affected aversely by this decision.

Exploiting someone's fame for money isn't right. Everly and Seymour have their side of it but

they would not be household names without Axl Rose. Money grubbing never ends for some.

I did read some of his love letter. Altho theirs is a sweet love story, I think it is pretty clear he

Why did you read it if you felt these were personal items that shouldn't be out there for the public?

And you do know that the world doesn't revolve around Axl, right? Their time together was as much Erin's "time and life" as it was Axl's. Axl is just a human being, like the rest of us. Just because he is a good singer doesn't mean that the rest of us are just living in his world.

And they wouldn't be famous without their relationship to Axl? Are you insane?

Those two just fell in love with the wrong guy. A guy who ended up physically assaulting them. Did you ever think that maybe they didn't date Axl to become famous?

Erin has family money and Stephanie was a super model, neither one was hurting for cash or publicity. Though they did make a nice payoff when they split from him, as he paid them a combined 1.4 million dollars to drop the assault charges they'd filed against him.

Your Axl obsession is strange. You do realize that he isn't special or better than anybody else, just because he is a great singer.........right?

On a side note, would you ever send Axl a Christmas card with money in it - just to show him how much you cared about him?

• Like 2

I know this idea has already came up but I guess this could be done.

We could get together and get the stuff from the E.Everly auctions. Once we get everything (or at least a good portion of it) we put the material together, put it all inside boxes and send to the GN'R camp.

We don't need to do that for all the items. GN'R memorabilia I guess it's not the issue. But at least all the personal letters and lyrics and real personal stuff.

I know it's a lot of money. I know it's hard to be done. But if the fans take it seriously to help Axl, maybe it works.

I was one of the people who put together the 50th anniversary LA Weekly ad for Axl. It wasn't an easy thing to do (to get all the people, to collect the money, do everything the right way) but we were successful and Axl was happy about it.

I don't have the same amount of free time available I had back then to lead this thing but I surely can help out if others are interested.

We do not know how Axl feels about this but I guess it's safe to say that chances are 99% he's angry at this and we, as fans, should try to help him out.

I don't think this woman deserves one cent from this personal things she's selling but if we consider that someone will end up getting this stuff...

Well - if any of you want to take this topic seriously, let me know. I also don't care at all if you wanna make the exact same topic at other forums out there. I don't want to spread the word about this auctions but we should spread the word (at least among the hardcore fans) to try and help out.

Fucking ridiculous -wellfare for a guy worth 150 mil - you gotta be kidding

• Like 1

Correction: It was Salinger.

Someone a link posted earlier that J.D. Salinger's fan bought the letters to return to him.

Sadly Salinger died about 6 months after Maynard's sale. I've seen her interviews about it and

she talked about how it was her story, too. She did initially respect him and she was a writer herself.

He made it clear he wasn't interested in communicating latter in life. I think she should have

considered Salinger was a very private person. A lot of people obsessed with him to the point he had

his regrets in creating his masterpiece. Maynard also already caused him a lot of humiliation early on by

talking about his business (with her) too much. http://partners.nyti...er-auction.html

Why did you read it if you felt these were personal items that shouldn't be out there for the public?

And you do know that the world doesn't revolve around Axl, right? Their time together was as much Erin's "time and life" as it was Axl's. Axl is just a human being, like the rest of us. Just because he is a good singer doesn't mean that the rest of us are just living in his world.

And they wouldn't be famous without their relationship to Axl? Are you insane?

Those two just fell in love with the wrong guy. A guy who ended up physically assaulting them. Did you ever think that maybe they didn't date Axl to become famous?

Erin has family money and Stephanie was a super model, neither one was hurting for cash or publicity. Though they did make a nice payoff when they split from him, as he paid them a combined 1.4 million dollars to drop the assault charges they'd filed against him.

Your Axl obsession is strange. You do realize that he isn't special or better than anybody else, just because he is a great singer.........right?

On a side note, would you ever send Axl a Christmas card with money in it - just to show him how much you cared about him?

I don't know if child support payments counts as family money.

Erin Everly owns the stuff. Its her's do with what she wishes. End of. Don't be so anti Erin, just because you're an Axl obessed individual. She seem's to be in the same camp as Slash, ie an ex of Axl of which there's seems to be many. Funny that ;P

Edited by vaida
  • Like 1

Price update:

AMA award now going for 8 grand.

A 5 minute wedding video that probably cost 50 bucks? $1250.

The notebook's close to $2000.

Night Train whistle and Mickey Mouse watch? $500.

Starting bid for the gold record - $300. Currently at $2500.

A 30 dollar flannel shirt that's about 25 years old now going for $5000.

Erin Everly owns the stuff. Its her's do with what she wishes. End of. Don't be so anti Erin, just because you're an Axl obessed individual. She seem's to be in the same camp as Slash, ie an ex of Axl of which there's seems to be many. Funny that ;P

Some of you are obsessed with saying others are obsessed

yet you don't frown on the people TRULY obsessed with Axl's "angelic" exes

to the extreme that one gal here has a strong presence on a forum for one of them.

That's closer to the definition of obsession than balancing the facts like some

have here. I am not judging her taste by why not like both with the same enthusiasm?

I don't think Axl seemed too nice back then overall and neither were the chicks.

For sure, I like Axl a lot now.

In the same manner, Axl sharing love letter's from an ex would

be a betrayal. Would anyone here want there love letters shared?

Or their sexting?! ;)

I wonder if Hard Rock Cafe or similar are bidding for stuff like the shirt. It would be perfect somewhere like that.

I was wondering that too. At a certain point, the estate owns the copyright

of the words and the person who buys it will only own the paper.

The Hard Rock has some Morrison poetry on display from his book

and maybe it is a first edition. I wonder how this all works? Maybe

a private collector can buy and display but not a corporation.

Price update:

AMA award now going for 8 grand.

A 5 minute wedding video that probably cost 50 bucks? $1250.

The notebook's close to $2000.

Night Train whistle and Mickey Mouse watch? $500.

Starting bid for the gold record - $300. Currently at $2500.

A 30 dollar flannel shirt that's about 25 years old now going for $5000.

then you have the 28% buyer premium and possible import taxes on top as well as shipping

Yes, Erin owns the stuff but by making it public she is exposing someone else´s privacy and that´s wrong. It has nothing to do with whether people like Erin or not, she could be a sweetheart but that doesn´t mean that what she´s doing is right and by pointing it out doesn´t make you an obsessed individual. There are a lot of ways to raise money for charity without exposing someone else´s privacy.

• Like 4

Yes, Erin owns the stuff but by making it public she is exposing someone else´s privacy and that´s wrong. It has nothing to do with whether people like Erin or not, she could be a sweetheart but that doesn´t mean that what she´s doing is right and by pointing it out doesn´t make you an obsessed individual. There are a lot of ways to raise money for charity without exposing someone else´s privacy.

When you give something to someone, you've given up your privacy.

When you give something to someone, you've given up your privacy.

In other words, don`t trust anyone.

Or know wtf you're doing at the time instead of crying later. Isn't that the moral of all things GNR related?

Yes. Writing love letters to his girlfriend. What was he thinking?

I know many say that Axl had it coming. What goes around, comes around, right? Maybe that`s right, I don`t know, for some people I guess. Revenge isn`t my kinda thing.

Since Axl hasn`t said anything about this, we don`t know how he feels about it. I haven`t heard him cry about it.

Edited by Spirit

You missed the point. You don't have the privacy something you give away.

It doesn't have to be about revenge. It's her property and if she wants to make money off of it, so be it. That's it.

Also, Axl doesn't have to cry about it. After his sister came out of the woods and bitched along with all of the Axl fans crying about it, I assume his burden was lifted.

You missed the point. You don't have the privacy something you give away.

It doesn't have to be about revenge. It's her property and if she wants to make money off of it, so be it. That's it.

Also, Axl doesn't have to cry about it. After his sister came out of the woods and bitched along with all of the Axl fans crying about it, I assume his burden was lifted.

You don`t have the privacy... but you do have trust.

I understood what you meant. It`s just that some things are more personal than other`s. An award or a shirt isn`t the same thing as personal letters when we are talking about morality. Yes, sure all those things are Erin`s property, and she can do whatever she wants.

If it was my ex-girlfriend doing the same thing, I would have been pretty upset. Despite being an ex, I would expect some level of decency.

You call out Axl (or the people on his side) for crying about it, but when it comes to Erin you stay strictly on the dry facts with no mention of the moral side of it. That`s double standards.

Sticking with one standard: Erin has the right to sell those items because they`re hers. Axl has the right to cry about it.

I'm not personally attached to it therefore it's not my place to talk about the morals. That's between the two of them. You don't have any idea of the full details but just want to assume evil intentions. It's not my business or yours.

Get off of the high horse.

Sticking with one standard: Erin has the right to sell those items because they`re hers. Axl has the right to cry about it.

Exactly and it isn't doesn't involve a single self-righteous poster from the forums.