Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Erin Everly owns the stuff. Its her's do with what she wishes. End of. Don't be so anti Erin, just because you're an Axl obessed individual. She seem's to be in the same camp as Slash, ie an ex of Axl of which there's seems to be many. Funny that ;P

Yes, Erin owns the stuff but by making it public she is exposing someone else´s privacy and that´s wrong. It has nothing to do with whether people like Erin or not, she could be a sweetheart but that doesn´t mean that what she´s doing is right and by pointing it out doesn´t make you an obsessed individual. There are a lot of ways to raise money for charity without exposing someone else´s privacy.

Agree. This is NOT a charity auction either.

A worse scenario is Diana's love letters that her sons fought for.

I think DJ's tweet last night (paraphrase) "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

applies HERE! The good parts of Erin knowing Axl was he made her famous.

I'm sure most of you know L.A. is not the mecca for fashion. A

fashion model living there is not working much unless she is never

there. Seymour wasn't a supermodel before she met Axl. At least,

Erin never got on the rock memorabilia circuit where folks sign their

autograph for money!

Some people here still hasn't grasped the difference between what is legal and what is morally questionable. I guess that why laws exist, so that amoral people will know right from wrong.

We understand the difference. We just don't give a fuck. Fans of a guy who was accused twice of domestic violence, started riots, shows up late to shows, and has been arrested multiple times are questioning the morality of a love letter being sold? Really?? How can people constantly defend Axl then question moral values in selling a letter which is Erin's property? The letters actually may make him look like a better person than his public antics do. Fans of Axl's antics are the last people who should question the morality of this.

Some people here still hasn't grasped the difference between what is legal and what is morally questionable. I guess that why laws exist, so that amoral people will know right from wrong.

We understand the difference. We just don't give a fuck.

Oh, I was talking about those guys that argue that since she is legally free to auction of those items then it can't be wrong.

We understand the difference. We just don't give a fuck.
Oh, I was talking about those guys that argue that since she is legally free to auction of those items then it can't be wrong.

my apologies

How can people constantly defend Axl then question moral values in selling a letter which is Erin's property? The letters actually may make him look like a better person than his public antics do. Fans of Axl's antics are the last people who should question the morality of this.

I don`t know if you meant me when talking about people questioning the morality of selling love letters. Have I "constantly defended" Axl when it comes to the things you mentioned? I don`t think so.

I`m a fan of Axl, yes. Has he done a lot of stupid things, yes.

We understand the difference. We just don't give a fuck. Fans of a guy who was accused twice of domestic violence, started riots, shows up late to shows, and has been arrested multiple times are questioning the morality of a love letter being sold? Really?? How can people constantly defend Axl then question moral values in selling a letter which is Erin's property? The letters actually may make him look like a better person than his public antics do. Fans of Axl's antics are the last people who should question the morality of this.

By being a fan of Axl doesn´t mean that we have to agree with everything he says or does.

Erin Everly owns the stuff. Its her's do with what she wishes. End of. Don't be so anti Erin, just because you're an Axl obessed individual. She seem's to be in the same camp as Slash, ie an ex of Axl of which there's seems to be many. Funny that ;P

Yes, Erin owns the stuff but by making it public she is exposing someone else´s privacy and that´s wrong. It has nothing to do with whether people like Erin or not, she could be a sweetheart but that doesn´t mean that what she´s doing is right and by pointing it out doesn´t make you an obsessed individual. There are a lot of ways to raise money for charity without exposing someone else´s privacy.

When you give something to someone, you've given up your privacy.

No, when you give something to someone it´s not meant to be made public unless you state the opposite. Selling clothes, awards, guitars and stuff like that is one thing but sellling personal pictures or letters is another thing. Those letters were meant to be private not to be sold and posted in internet for the public to read.

By being a fan of Axl doesn´t mean that we have to agree with everything he says or does.

No, when you give something to someone it´s not meant to be made public unless you state the opposite. Selling clothes, awards, guitars and stuff like that is one thing but sellling personal pictures or letters is another thing. Those letters were meant to be private not to be sold and posted in internet for the public to read.

No

when you give someone something or you know they know something you want to be kept private, you have to clarify it. Gag orders *hint hint*

No

when you give someone something or you know they know something you want to be kept private, you have to clarify it. Gag orders *hint hint*

So, if I send you a private message in this forum...should I ask for a gag order so that you don´t post it out in the open?.

I agree that all that stuff is hers but it´s common sense certain things shouldn´t be exposed in the public.

No

So, if I send you a private message in this forum...should I ask for a gag order so that you don´t post it out in the open?.

I agree that all that stuff is hers but it´s common sense certain things shouldn´t be exposed in the public.

You would have to depend on the decision of moderators to not let me post it. If I decided to post it at any other board, I could and there's isn't a thing you could do about it because I didn't 'violate' any privacy of yours. You give up the illusion of privacy when you share anything.

How do 3 people keep a secret?

2 of them are dead.

Edited by Rustycage

Agree. This is NOT a charity auction either.

A worse scenario is Diana's love letters that her sons fought for.

I think DJ's tweet last night (paraphrase) "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

applies HERE! The good parts of Erin knowing Axl was he made her famous.

I'm sure most of you know L.A. is not the mecca for fashion. A

fashion model living there is not working much unless she is never

there. Seymour wasn't a supermodel before she met Axl. At least,

Erin never got on the rock memorabilia circuit where folks sign their

autograph for money!

Erin moved from NY to LA to be with him (and she stopped modelling soon after), but being with him did not make her famous outside of GNR fans, which I'm guessing hasn't been a monumental blessing. She also supported Axl, as did members of her family, before he made it. The phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you" could just as easily be applied to Axl in regards to his well documented treatment of her.

Seymour most certainly was a supermodel when she met Axl - she'd had multiple Vogue covers, appeared a few years running in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, had done a Playboy cover and was Alaia's number one muse.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

Venetia’s middle name, Invicta, meaning “invincible,” came from a childhood memory. I used to watch the street being repaired, and I loved the smell of the thick, black tar as it was poured over the gravel and then flattened and smoothed by a giant steamroller. It was the huge, formidable steamroller that fascinated me. On the front of this piece of machinery was a brass plaque of a horse, rearing up, with the word “Invicta” beneath it. - Anna Lee

Many years ago, Oprah Winfrey was interviewing Priscilla Presley. Someone had written a book about their relationship called Prisicilla, Elvis and Me. She called it the Ultimate betrayal.

That's the type of book you write when everyone's old and/or dead. He should have made the book about her rebuilding her life and becoming an actress instead of going into having the hots for her daughter.

Many years ago, Oprah Winfrey was interviewing Priscilla Presley. Someone had written a book about their relationship called Prisicilla, Elvis and Me. She called it the Ultimate betrayal.

Priscilla herself wrote Elvis & Me.

It's not that book, Priscilla's ex boyfriend in the late 70s-early 80s wrote a tell all about their relationship.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2013/11/17/famous-jerry-garcia-guitar-part-of-a-massive-two-day-rock-memorabilia-auction-taking-place-next-month/

Meanwhile, Axl Rose‘s ex-wife, Erin Everly, is selling an assortment of items the Guns N’ Roses singer used to own. These include the couple’s 1990 wedding video and marriage license, personal photographs, clothing, love letters and even a domestic-abuse report.

Visit: http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2013/icons-and-idols-rock/index.html

Update: Axl's sister Amy Bailey has commented on Erin's charity auction:

tumblr_mwmb27MPfp1qjtr1eo1_1280.jpg

I agree with Axl's sister. Just low class all the way.

It's not that book, Priscilla's ex boyfriend in the late 70s-early 80s wrote a tell all about their relationship.

It is aptly named by her as "the worst betrayal". The author also disrespects Elvis, his belongings, and his daughter.

He uses Elvis's name to sell a book where he admits to sexual feelings about his daughter (as said above).

He admits to sneaking in her bedroom in the middle of the night and lifting the sheet to stare at her. How

terrifying for a child and to victimize again later by telling the sick story in a book is beyond sick.

@Angelica- If you doubt that Axl made them household names (one later became a supermodel)

this might clear it up: http://www.vogue.com/voguepedia/Stephanie_Seymour

Elisabetta Canalis is now called a supermodel after dating George Clooney made her known.

Also remember the star making power of Mtv, people watched it day and night and not much else.

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Which became a movie. A great movie at that, IMO. I did feel like Elvis was painted out to be a monster, by an ex wife.

I know that concept is hard to believe... :P

The public exhibition in Beverly Hills is open for the next couple of hours, 5PM PST will be when they stop. 9665 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 150.

Schedule for the online auction:
LIVE AND ONLINE AUCTION
Friday, December 6th, 2013
ICONS AND IDOLS: ROCK 'N ROLL
Session II: 2:00 p.m. P.S.T.
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
ICONS AND IDOLS: ROCK 'N ROLL
Session III: 10:00 a.m. P.S.T.
Session IV: 2:00 p.m. P.S.T.
At this point, we're just curious to find out what the outcome of the auction is.

Which became a movie. A great movie at that, IMO. I did feel like Elvis was painted out to be a monster, by an ex wife.

I know that concept is hard to believe... :P

Elvis and Me was the first autobiography I ever read, I was about 12 and thought it was fascinating. I might view it through different eyes now but at the time I thought Priscilla was the height of glamour.

OK, gonna need someone to explain this to me. Now I can't speak about the other clothing items in this auction, but I can speak about these. You have to understand that according to the auction, none of the items being sold are coming with any kind of provenance at all. First off we have this:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47307/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F110%2F%3Fpage%3D23%26__utma%3D1.1669240305.1384209175.1386323935.1386360978.7%26__utmb%3D1.3.10.1386360978%26__utmc%3D1%26__utmx%3D-%26__utmz%3D1.1384209175.1.1.utmcsr%3D%28direct%29%7Cutmccn%3D%28direct%29%7Cutmcmd%3D%28none%29%26__utmv%3D-%26__utmk%3D22025915

Now I think that price is understandable given that we have seen Axl wearing the shirt in the WTTJ video, Erin Everly (his ex) his selling it, so OK.

Then you have this:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47316/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F110%2F%3Fpage%3D23%26__utma%3D1.1669240305.1384209175.1386323935.1386360978.7%26__utmb%3D1.3.10.1386360978%26__utmc%3D1%26__utmx%3D-%26__utmz%3D1.1384209175.1.1.utmcsr%253D%2528direct%2529%257Cutmccn%253D%2528direct%2529%257Cutmcmd%253D%2528none%2529%26__utmv%3D-%26__utmk%3D22025915

There is a photo (I have seen it but can't find it lately but I know a photo exists) any maybe more than one of Axl wearing these. Granted maybe not as iconic as the shirt above, but still I would expect a higher price by now. We'll see what it goes for in the end.

Now what I really don't understand is this:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47304/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F110%2F%3Fpage%3D23%26__utma%3D1.1669240305.1384209175.1386323935.1386360978.7%26__utmb%3D1.3.10.1386360978%26__utmc%3D1%26__utmx%3D-%26__utmz%3D1.1384209175.1.1.utmcsr%253D%2528direct%2529%257Cutmccn%253D%2528direct%2529%257Cutmcmd%253D%2528none%2529%26__utmv%3D-%26__utmk%3D22025915

Yes, it is a rare GNR shirt (from the Appetite days this shirt was used before any of the rape scene shirts that get big bucks on eBay). However, one sold recently on eBay for around $75. Should have went higher in my opinion, but not as high as the current bids this is getting currently! And here's the thing. Not only is this shirt altered (sleeves are cut off), but I have yet to find a picture of Axl wearing it. If there is one out here then I get it, but if not, all you are buying is an Appetite shirt from Erin Everly. If someone has the pic and can please post it or a link to it I would be grateful, thanks!

Edited by troccoli