Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Is it creepy to be looking at Axl's sister's facebook page? I feel dirty....

uh, yeah it is! I wouldn't want my status update posted on a fan forum that is dedicated to my brothers band. I'm sorry but I just don't think it's right. I messaged her to let her know it was posted. I didn't feel right NOT letting the poor lady know. It just doesn't sit well with me. How would you feel if you were in her shoes? I'm GLAD I ain't related to anyone famous. Gee, I bet she's been getting hounded since it was posted and I feel really, really bad for her knowing how some fans can be.

could the mods at least blur her married name and profile picture? For petes sake!

I wouldn't worry about it, eventually this'll die down but it was good she had something to say about it, because it did involve her to a minor extent. She wouldn't have kept Bailey in her FB profile name if she didn't want people knowing.

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 1

uh, yeah it is! I wouldn't want my status update posted on a fan forum that is dedicated to my brothers band. I'm sorry but I just don't think it's right. I messaged her to let her know it was posted. I didn't feel right NOT letting the poor lady know. It just doesn't sit well with me. How would you feel if you were in her shoes? I'm GLAD I ain't related to anyone famous. Gee, I bet she's been getting hounded since it was posted and I feel really, really bad for her knowing how some fans can be.

could the mods at least blur her married name and profile picture? For petes sake!

That is the problem with the internet. Once stuff gets out, it is there forever. That is what makes Erin's actions so vile.

Exactly.

If you put something on the internet about your famous brother you have to expect that it will get attention.

• Like 1

Oh get a fucking grip. Anything you post on the internet, attached to your name, is legally open to the world to see. Anything she posts publicly she has no rights to, in this case, Facebook does. If you upload pictures to Facebook, they own it and are entitled to do what they want with it, for example. If she doesn't like it, she should keep her opinion to herself or not post it.

You remind me of dumb girls on Facebook who post slutty pics and complain that guys are perves...you wanna do tequila shots make out with other chicks or take sexually suggestive pictures obviously you want guys to look. Don't post shit you don't want the world to see.

• Like 2

She must be seriously hard up for cash or just still really pissed to be selling his 1990 AMA award. I would, however, like to get my hands on both the flannel shirt he wore in the Welcome to the Jungle video, as well as his leather pants. ;) If you'll excuse me, I'll be on Ebay, selling a kidney.

Edited by DangerousCurves

I know this idea has already came up but I guess this could be done.

We could get together and get the stuff from the E.Everly auctions. Once we get everything (or at least a good portion of it) we put the material together, put it all inside boxes and send to the GN'R camp.

We don't need to do that for all the items. GN'R memorabilia I guess it's not the issue. But at least all the personal letters and lyrics and real personal stuff.

I know it's a lot of money. I know it's hard to be done. But if the fans take it seriously to help Axl, maybe it works.

I was one of the people who put together the 50th anniversary LA Weekly ad for Axl. It wasn't an easy thing to do (to get all the people, to collect the money, do everything the right way) but we were successful and Axl was happy about it.

I don't have the same amount of free time available I had back then to lead this thing but I surely can help out if others are interested.

We do not know how Axl feels about this but I guess it's safe to say that chances are 99% he's angry at this and we, as fans, should try to help him out.

I don't think this woman deserves one cent from this personal things she's selling but if we consider that someone will end up getting this stuff...

Well - if any of you want to take this topic seriously, let me know. I also don't care at all if you wanna make the exact same topic at other forums out there. I don't want to spread the word about this auctions but we should spread the word (at least among the hardcore fans) to try and help out.

Yes. There's a small chance Axl has no idea about it. Or maybe he doesn't want to get involved. Who knows. It's not about Axl being rich or anyhting like this. It's about to help someone that gave us a lot through his music. I personally think Axl deserves the help if we can do it.

Yes. There's a small chance Axl has no idea about it. Or maybe he doesn't want to get involved. Who knows. It's not about Axl being rich or anyhting like this. It's about to help someone that gave us a lot through his music. I personally think Axl deserves the help if we can do it.

Are you from Brasil?

It's a really nice idea but I'm not entirely sure he wouldn't be pissed off at the gesture. Not sure why I think this, just a hunch. I don't think it would be the delighted child receiving Christmas gift scenario that we might fondly imagine.

I agree it's not a nice gift to give (lol). And maybe he won't ever see this, maybe the GN'R camp destroys it before. But I guess that, worse than "not a nice gift to receive" is to know that all this stuff is spread around the world in the hands of many unknown people.

The damage if any is already done. Any hurt caused will have been inflicted by the sale in the first place and the content being made readable on the web. If there is anything he does not want sold there are agents who will anonymously bid on your behalf. He also has potential grounds to take legal action against the auction house if he wished as publishing the content of personal correspondence is a legal grey area.

Lastly I doubt the sum total of these forums would raise enough for everything.

• Like 1

The damage if any is already done. Any hurt caused will have been inflicted by the sale in the first place and the content being made readable on the web. If there is anything he does not want sold there are agents who will anonymously bid on your behalf. He also has potential grounds to take legal action against the auction house if he wished as publishing the content of personal correspondence is a legal grey area.

Lastly I doubt the sum total of these forums would raise enough for everything.

Damage is not entirely done yet. If the right people get their hands on this stuff, it'll never show up on the internet.

If they do something... GREAT ! But if they don't, WHY NOT?

Ok maybe it's a lot of money, maybe we can't do it. But we'll never know if we don't try.