Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

What are you needing explained?

I'm surprised the letters to the dogs are at a grand and some of the other clothing or even the tour itineraries aren't higher.

If someone wants that shirt they could have got it on eBay for $70 - $75. Don't get me wrong, it's just chance that 2 were on eBay very recently, in all honesty they are quite rare. But they were on eBay at the same time as this shirt from the auction was listed. Why pay $1000 or more when you can pay $75? The letters, the other clothing, etc. is unique (as far as I now, could be wrong) and not avaialble on eBay. Unless a photo surfaces, there is no proof this shirt from the auction was worn or much less even owned by Axl.

I get what you're saying and agree to an extent. Maybe the reasoning is the apparent approximation to Axl? Who knows? I don't think she would lie about it, as she has no reason to. I'm sure some others here would disagree though. It does appear that many of the items are going for much higher than even the auction house anticipated.

I totally agree with you that she has no reason to lie. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope whoever buys it does it because they want it, not with the intent to sell or make money on it. Because for me I would need at least a picture of him wearing it, cut sleeves and all. Yeah, it is amazing how much some of the stuff is going for. Good for her, good for Julien's, good for a charity (if there was one involved - that was never clear to me). Excited to see the final prices!

• Like 1

I really thought Axl's WTTJ flannel shirt would have exceeded 15 or 20 grand or more. That's a real iconic piece of rock history, and rock video history. That shirt belongs in the Smithsonian, no lie, it does.

It would be very cool to know who bought the stuff and if any of the old or current members grabbed any of this stuff...it's this kind of event or opportunity that makes me wish I had tons and tons of disposable cash to blow away...

I just wonder if Axl purchased any of the items himself. He definitely has the money and it would be a way to reclaim some of his history and private thoughts back.I'm assuming since Amy made a statement that it did upset Axl to to have these items on the auction block. I just don't know if he cared enough to buy them back so a bunch of strangers wouldn't own them, or if he's just let them go.

Anyone else think Axl may have a really difficult time singing Sweet Child O Mine after this move from Erin ? He might have to break out Bad Time again or think up another "Intro" if he does sing Sweet Child live after this. If it wasn't for the fans wanting to hear it, I could see him personally never wanting to sing the song again. :axl:

I wasn't totally basing it on Amy's statement, just my personal feeling. More than the clothes , key chains etc.or any of that, I personally would be pretty horrified if someone put on an auction block, old love and break up notes where I was poring my heart and soul out to one person, just being exposed to the wide world, not to mention weddings videos and licenses and those type of private things. Of course it's possible Axl doesn't give a shit but I tend to think it's pretty unlikely. Just from what we know about him, he's very sensitive and pretty private so I can't see him being really cool with this.I just think Amy made the statement because Axl personally was'nt going to come out and say what a shitty thing it was, or how it was hurting him. Of course, it's all just my opinion, maybe he doesn't care, I just wouldn't think so. It could be just me but is there anyone out there who personally wouldn't care AT ALL l if their ex did this ( of course no one would care about reading our old love and break up letters in the first place but...!) ? You wouldn't be upset about someone buying a police report about you punching and kicking your wife, or old childhood photos and letters your parents wrote you, letters you wrote declaring your love,insecurities and fears, unpublished poems and journals, photos of you naked in bed, the shower etc.?

Let's not forget this is the guy who, just in the past year or so spoke about how much Stephanie Seymour's actions and words damaged him creatively for YEARS after they broke up. He doesn't seem like the type that would shrug this off and forget.My guess is that he's probably pretty hurt and feeling betrayed by Erin doing this, even if they haven't had a relationship in 20 years or so.Of course, once again I have no way of knowing for sure , just my opinion.

Edited by Nobody

The itineraries were probably the best deal at just over 1K, but it all depends on what was written in them. I think that would have been worth bidding on, but it's a "sight unseen" risk.

Some things like the Cult pass going for 5K was kind of ridiculous. The itinerary was probably worth more, but it depended on what was in it. If they had displayed some of the pages, it probably would have gone way higher.

Items in an auction always fluctuate, depends on what kind of attention the celebrity is getting at the time. Hopefully fans got their moneys worth, odds are unlikely it was all one person buying everything up. Maybe Axl had someone bid on a few things in there he really didn't want a fan to have.

So i guess new un seen photo's might show up soon. Possibly in book(s), or magazine(s). Can the buyer make money from these photo's by allowing magazines (assuming they are interested) to use them, either by way of print or online.

AxlRose_zps97fa330d.jpg

Edited by vaida

I'm not sure why people assume Amy's "statement" was a reflection of Axl's feelings. It doesn't prove he was upset or that he even cared.

And didn't she delete it pretty quickly, anyway?

Yes she did.

So i guess new un seen photo's might show up soon. Possibly in book(s), or magazine(s). Can the buyer make money from these photo's by allowing magazines (assuming they are interested) to use them, either by way of print or online.

AxlRose_zps97fa330d.jpg

No, they own the item, not the copyright.