Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Only over 10 years ago? When was this posted?

I mean Axl was married to Erin in the 80's right?

I'm confused about this post. anyway, I don't know how or why they broke up, but why wouldn't she ask Axl if he wanted the stuff before she auctioned it off?

I doubt Axl would have wanted their wedding video either.

I guess she needs the money.

but why wouldn't she ask Axl if he wanted the stuff before she auctioned it off?

Can you cite sources for those two comments? Thank you in advance.

I haven't seen a statement from either person saying that Erin did/didn't have Axl's approval or that she did/didn't ask him if he wanted any of the stuff.

And I'm not aware of Erin's financial situation, or the reason's why she auctioned off these items.

It'd be awesome though to see where you got your info! Thanks!

Also, the gold record, AMA and set list weren't Erin's if you look closely.

Good catch.

Thanks. I didn't notice it until recently. Three less things for people to bitch about.

but why wouldn't she ask Axl if he wanted the stuff before she auctioned it off?

I haven't seen a statement from either person saying that Erin did/didn't have Axl's approval or that she did/didn't ask him if he wanted any of the stuff.

And I'm not aware of Erin's financial situation, or the reason's why she auctioned off these items.

You are my favorite poster.

The first was a rhetorical question the latter a guess. The "source" for those comments would obviously be Val22.

I think we all have as premise that Axl's hasn't given Erin his consent to auction off highly personal things, because, you know, as most of us know, Axl is a very private person and most of us finds it contrary to his character.

Edited by SoulMonster

Not for nothin' but, all the why she did it debates aside, this was an impressive auction from his star power and earnings perspective. I mean everything went for far more, then compare it to Bill Hailey's unsold, James Brown just making expectations with Frank Zappa signed checks doing the same. Unreal amounts, 5-10x what they expected, great to see as a fan. I was looking through the 1st link before the results saying "yeah right, his notebook $1200 and journal $800?!" I was ready to buy them and go to Rick on Pawn Stars as he knows better, ha! So did the bidders I see at 16k and 5.5k.

Great post, I'm sure Axl looked though the pages as well thinking "man, I remember that!'. (might be he won some of the bids anonymously to reclaim a lost memory or 2, don't be surprised)

Edited by axlskAmpf

The first was a rhetorical question the latter a guess. The "source" for those comments would obviously be Val22.

I think we all have as premise that Axl's hasn't given Erin his consent to auction off highly personal things, because, you know, as most of us know, Axl is a very private person and most of us finds it contrary to his character.

LOL. You are a funny guy, I'll give you that much. You have a lot of MSL in you. The way you pick small parts of something and use that in your attempt to educate, ridicule and win arguments. I guess I'll take the bait and play along.

Rhetorical question? So Val doesn't want people to respond or give their opinion to her question? Uhh, OK. Sort of an odd thing to do in a forum.

She is her own source? Sure, she is her own source of posting a question. But if she is the 'source' of the information she is putting out then she should have said "I'm just speculating" or "I'm just guessing." She worded her comment in such a way that it implies that Erin didn't communicate with Axl before hand. I was simply asking her where she picked up this information. There is a TON of speculation going on in this topic. If Val had proof that Erin didn't contact Axl, then that would be a pretty huge story. It would be much more relevant than an Axl family member saying she didn't like what was going on. If Val had this information, it would be a HUGE scoop for her.

I also respectfully disagree with your last comment.

The Axl I've grown to know is the guy who didn't like comments a mod made on this forum, a mod who almost single handedly kept the forum alive for years, who dedicated thousands of hours of her time to keep the forum going, she made a topic Axl didn't like and he publically responded with a childish rant calling her a lesbian c*nt that nobody cared about.

A reporter bumped into his "mother" at an airport and Axl responded by sucker punching him.

Do you recall somebody in the audience taking pictures of Axl and him jumping off the stage and attacking the guy?

And how many lawsuits has Axl been involved in?

Maybe you aren't aware of Axl's past behavior concerning activities he doesn't agree in. Maybe go back and research the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame debacle. You can probably find 15-20 stories of Axl having an extreme negative reaction to things he didn't like.

When Axl doesn't like something, he has always been very quick to punch/bite, publically denounce (lesbian c*nt, cancer), whine or sue. And his management team has been the same way "complaints, racists, suck my d*ck, etc).

Axl and his team are very private about giving out positive information or the band's future plans.

But they have all been very quick to lash out about things they disagree with.

By not issuing a single statement about the auction, that speaks volumes that they didn't care what Erin was doing. Because if Axl cared..........holy cow. I can only imagine the venom that would be coming from his camp. Or, even a one sentence release would set the record straight. "I regret and am disappointed that my ex-wife has decided to sell personal items that I feel should remain personal, she is doing so without my consent."

But dead silence? To me, that screams that they don't care. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

You are a funny guy

Thank you.

Rhetorical question? So Val doesn't want people to respond or give their opinion to her question? Uhh, OK. Sort of an odd thing to do in a forum.

Rhetorical questions are a way of making a point. It is being used all the time in discussions.

See, not only do I make you laugh I also make you more knowledgeable.

But if she is the 'source' of the information she is putting out then she should have said "I'm just speculating" or "I'm just guessing."

If you weren't so confrontational towards anyone with opposing views you would have understood she was just voicing her opinions and not being an insider privy to secret information of Axl's opinions re the auction.

I also respectfully disagree with your last comment. [clip] But dead silence? To me, that screams that they don't care.

Dead silence because they don't want to draw more attention to the auction, duh, while they, in the background, do what they can do limit the damage? I find that MUCH MORE in line with Axl's personality.

• 1 month later...

I found this while looking around on the Juliens Auctions site.

The auction has concluded and the results were as follows:

741 AXL ROSE AND GUNS N' ROSES ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS

$3,750.00

742 GUNS N' ROSES TOUR ITINERARIES

$1,152.00

743 AXL ROSE MESSAGES TO ERIN EVERLY

$576.00

744 AXL ROSE LOVE LETTERS

$2,240.00

745 AXL ROSE LOVE LETTERS TO ERIN EVERLY

$4,062.50

746 GUNS N' ROSES AXL ROSE EPHEMERA

$1,280.00

747 AXL ROSE GUNS N' ROSES T-SHIRT

$2,240.00

748 ERIN EVERLY ID BADGES AND BACK STAGE PASSES

$576.00

749 AXL ROSE ALL ACCESS PASS

$5,440.00

750 AXL ROSE "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE" VIDEO WORN SHIRT

$12,800.00

751 AXL ROSE IDENTIFICATION BRACELETS

$3,520.00

752 AXL ROSE PERSONAL ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS

$1,280.00

753 AXL ROSE LOVE NOTES

$2,812.50

754 AXL ROSE HANDWRITTEN POEMS/LYRICS

$4,160.00

755 AXL ROSE SHIRT

$8,750.00

756 AXL ROSE CHILDHOOD PHOTOGRAPHS

$1,920.00

757 AXL ROSE JOURNAL PAGES

$5,440.00

758 AXL ROSE T-SHIRT

$4,800.00

759 AXL ROSE KNIT PANTS

$1,920.00

760 AXL ROSE ORIGINAL CANDID PHOTOGRAPHS

$5,000.00

761 AXL ROSE AND ERIN EVERLY WEDDING VIDEO

$1,920.00

762 AXL ROSE AND ERIN EVERLY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

$4,480.00

763 AXL ROSE AND ERIN EVERLY EPHEMERA

$1,600.00

764 AXL ROSE LEATHER PANTS

$11,520.00

765 AXL ROSE PERSONAL ITEMS

$8,750.00

766 AXL ROSE CANDID PHOTOGRAPHS

$2,240.00

767 AXL ROSE SUNGLASSES

$4,160.00

768 AXL ROSE BATHROOM PHOTOGRAPHS

$1,920.00

769 AXL ROSE AND ERIN EVERLY NOTES

$2,240.00

770 AXL ROSE NOTES TO ERIN EVERLY

$3,200.00

771 AXL ROSE NOTEBOOK

$16,640.00

772 AXL ROSE JEANS

$5,440.00

773 AXL ROSE LETTER AND LEGAL DOCUMENTS

$2,880.00

774 AXL ROSE CANDID PHOTOGRAPHS

$4,160.00

775 AXL ROSE HOSPITAL BRACELET

$448.00

776 AXL ROSE HANDWRITTEN POEMS/LYRICS

$5,120.00

777 AXL ROSE PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHS

$3,200.00

778 AXL ROSE GIFTED BOOK

$1,024.00

779 AXL ROSE DOMESTIC ABUSE REPORT

$1,250.00

780 AXL ROSE BREAK-UP LETTERS TO ERIN EVERLY

$5,120.00

I really thought Axl's WTTJ flannel shirt would have exceeded 15 or 20 grand or more. That's a real iconic piece of rock history, and rock video history. That shirt belongs in the Smithsonian, no lie, it does.

It would be very cool to know who bought the stuff and if any of the old or current members grabbed any of this stuff...it's this kind of event or opportunity that makes me wish I had tons and tons of disposable cash to blow away...

I had feeling that WTTJ shirt would fetch a higher price. I really thought it might even go higher than it did...

What great piece of history to have, to hold, to own and to ebay...lol, I wouldn't unless the price was right.