What do we know about Riad?

Lies They Tell

I wonder if the chinese government and Riad are the reason CD took so long. He messed with 2 things that have power.

They could've....

Paid bucket to leave.

Blew axls voice at the vmas.

Brainwashed axl to not show up, get cornrows, and constantly perfect the album.

Riad and Scrapped are my leave favorite songs from Chinese, I thought Axl wanted the whole album to sound like these 2 songs, but Im happy we got some amazing songs like Better, Street of Dreams and This I Love

Why din't Axl fire Pitman when the original composer of the intro sued Axl?

I always liked the song, not sure why people don't....

I used to think it was a bit corny though.... I used to think axl said "You angry baby" but then found out it was "You aggravate me." Calling someone an "Angry baby" isn't very rock. :lol:

The issue with the upfront rock songs on CD is the opening it seems. SR is fine, But CD and Riad both have long opening. Then Scraped has the awful "ahh" noises. If Scraped had the drum intro like they did live, it would be much better IMO.

I like it in moderation, it's not one I seek out often but when it comes on I enjoy it. Can't stand the intro though and the fact that parts of that intro were stolen only lessens my appreciation of it, I wished like the demo version it would go right into the song.

i think people listen to the first 30 seconds of the song and then change it. but the actual song is not bad. Axl lays down these really aggressive lines for a few verses then it breaks into these long drawn out notes and the mood of the song flips, and moments later it goes back to the aggressive guitar. How do people not love that! It is a unique song for GNR, Axl's high vocals work here, and he brings in low register notes. Honestly, once you get past the intro the song itself is not as complicated as some of the others on CD. I think this song was made fairly fast, and represents an early history of the new band. If the band was called anything else then I see this song as defining that bands sound. (Bucket, Robin era)

Anyone else feel that Scraped, and Riad would be awesome live if they had a second pair of vocals, so Axl can just go all out on his lines and not run out of breath. Like if Axl sang the Agressive lines on Riad and someone came in on the slow long notes. It would be a great live song, it is worth it just for the solo.