Do you feel as if you are waiting for Axl to make you a believer once again?

Randy Lahey

Do you feel as if you are waiting for Axl to make you a believer once again? I wish I could still make positive threads about New GNR but it's been such a long time since I've cared about the band. We've been without water in the desert for too long. At the very least, Axl needs to leak or release one of the mythical CD II songs like Atlas Shrugged, The General or Soul Monster. Or he needs (would be nice) to give us an update if he's given up.

Um...no. He doesn't owe anyone anything. He doesn't have to make anyone a believer. If, by this point, just a few years shy of 30 years of showmanship hasn't yet made you a "believer", I'm afraid there is no hope. Having to re-prove himself time after time, album after album is ridiculous and shows just how fickle the public can be. I have been a fan from the first and I will always be a fan. Do I love every song? Nope. Do I agree with every decision? Nope. But in the end, this is the entertainment industry, not politics. We can't demand that Axl tell us what we want to hear or give us what we want or else we vote him out. It's no wonder he has such an issue with perfectionism. If it isn't released when people think it should be, he's crucified. If he releases it and it isn't perfect and his best work to date, he's crucified. The guy can't win. To be honest, this public sense of entitlement is a big part of problem with society today.

Um...no. He doesn't owe anyone anything. He doesn't have to make anyone a believer. If, by this point, just a few years shy of 30 years of showmanship hasn't yet made you a "believer", I'm afraid there is no hope. Having to re-prove himself time after time, album after album is ridiculous and shows just how fickle the public can be. I have been a fan from the first and I will always be a fan. Do I love every song? Nope. Do I agree with every decision? Nope. But in the end, this is the entertainment industry, not politics. We can't demand that Axl tell us what we want to hear or give us what we want or else we vote him out. It's no wonder he has such an issue with perfectionism. If it isn't released when people think it should be, he's crucified. If he releases it and it isn't perfect and his best work to date, he's crucified. The guy can't win. To be honest, this public sense of entitlement is a big part of problem with society today.

You're hoping to hear another album though at some point, right?

You're hoping to hear another album though at some point, right?

Sure. But he doesn't have to make me a believer as the question stated.

Went to a show.....was top 3 shows I've ever seen.

Performances? You mean rasp or lack of? That's selective. Axl can still do that.

It's there.. it's whether Axl chooses to use it or not. Watch the end of Estranged at Lubbock 2013 and you'll see..

Why do all the die-hard Axl fans have to be like this? I get that fans of teen acts like Justin Beiber go crazy and think the world revolves around Bieber.

But grown adults feeling like this about 50 year old rock stars?

Axl hasn't been crucified for not releasing something at a specific date that people want. Have you been asleep for the last decade? Do you know the story behind Chinese Democracy? Do you know the story behind ALL the cancellations that have been a part of his career since leaving the old band? Have you followed Axl at all???

And he is crucified if his latest release isn't the best release of his career? Worshippers like you.....I just don't understand how your mind works. Maybe you are not familiar without ALL musicians albums are judged by fans. An artist releases an album. Some fans love it. Some fans hate it. Some fans think it's OK.

People not liking an album isn't tied to Axl Rose. People not liking his latest (and ONLY friggin release in the last 15 years) has nothing to do with somebody crucifying him. Did you ever think that maybe people just didn't like it? Just because you idolize and worship Axl's every move, doesn't mean that normal sane people do that as well.

The guy can win. He already has. He has released some of the best rock music in rock history. He's reported to be worth 150 million dollars. He lives a life of luxury, and gets paid millions of dollars to travel around the world singing to people. Ya..........we should all feel extremely sorry for the poor guy. I've got an aunt who is in a wheelchair at age 45 after a car crash. Compared to the miserable life that Axl has, because a few people don't like his music or his tactics, my aunt should never complain about her life!

If Axl released an album every five years and occasionally talked to the media and addressed his millions of fans, then the majority of the negativity would go away. Why people like you can't see that is shocking.

Public's sense of entitlement is what's wrong with the world? Wow. Do you work for Axl?

Why do all the die-hard Axl fans have to be like this? I get that fans of teen acts like Justin Beiber go crazy and think the world revolves around Bieber.

But grown adults feeling like this about 50 year old rock stars?

Axl hasn't been crucified for not releasing something at a specific date that people want. Have you been asleep for the last decade? Do you know the story behind Chinese Democracy? Do you know the story behind ALL the cancellations that have been a part of his career since leaving the old band? Have you followed Axl at all???

And he is crucified if his latest release isn't the best release of his career? Worshippers like you.....I just don't understand how your mind works. Maybe you are not familiar without ALL musicians albums are judged by fans. An artist releases an album. Some fans love it. Some fans hate it. Some fans think it's OK.

People not liking an album isn't tied to Axl Rose. People not liking his latest (and ONLY friggin release in the last 15 years) has nothing to do with somebody crucifying him. Did you ever think that maybe people just didn't like it? Just because you idolize and worship Axl's every move, doesn't mean that normal sane people do that as well.

The guy can win. He already has. He has released some of the best rock music in rock history. He's reported to be worth 150 million dollars. He lives a life of luxury, and gets paid millions of dollars to travel around the world singing to people. Ya..........we should all feel extremely sorry for the poor guy. I've got an aunt who is in a wheelchair at age 45 after a car crash. Compared to the miserable life that Axl has, because a few people don't like his music or his tactics, my aunt should never complain about her life!

If Axl released an album every five years and occasionally talked to the media and addressed his millions of fans, then the majority of the negativity would go away. Why people like you can't see that is shocking.

Public's sense of entitlement is what's wrong with the world? Wow. Do you work for Axl?

I think perhaps you couldn't absorb what I was saying. I am not an Axl die-hard. I think he's a talented vocalist, a good pianist, and a good performer. You imply that you do know the stories behind all the cancellations and such. This would imply that you are a die-hard. Why hello there, Pot, this is Kettle. I said nothing about feeling sorry for him. The question was if we feel like we are waiting for Axl to make us believers again. My response is essentially, in a nutshell, that it isn't Axl's job to prove himself to us again. If we choose to no longer "believe" in him, that is on us as fans. Your asinine assumptions that I worship Axl's every move are uninformed and far-reaching. Instead of asking to clarify points that you clearly misunderstood, you chose to attack me. Fortunately for you, sweetheart, I refuse to have a battle of wits with the unarmed.

Grogan,

For some fans, the good things Axl has done have not yet been destroyed or forgotten because of all the things that have fell through or did not come to be.. I admit there is a lot of them.

I know that there are some members of the forum that you call out and question WTF, how can you give excuses or support that? You are right to do so and some of these people need to take a step back. However, there are still some fans that think what he has done is enough for them to continue being fans and they don't need Axl to do anything else to convince them. Basically some people here may not be trying to defend the shitty things that have happened but actually are just saying they are ok with them or don't care. It may not effect how they feel as fans. I think thats where that entitlement thing comes in, they really like the good things and don't feel they need anymore good things to happen to validate their fandom.

Just my take on it

• Like 1