Would you like to see Pitman and Dizzy have a keyboard duel during the live shows?

saber_

Lol at the people who think these talentless clowns are some sort of synth music luminaries.

No. One. Outside of these forums gives a shit about either of them.

Uhh, yeah. No one has said anything about any of that. Do you know what that means? It means you're lol'ing and responding to the voices in your head.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone gives a shit about either one of these 2......non factors when it comes to Guns.

I disagree, Dizzy has helped write some of the best songs in the GNR catalog... and I don't know that Pitman is indispensable, but I still think he brings something to the table, especially when it comes to the studio. For me, Dizzy is essential. He's a link to the past, good songwriter, great keyboardist.

What exactly does Pitman bring to the table that doesn't include terrible sound effects and shitty synths?

I don't think anyone gives a shit about either one of these 2......non factors when it comes to Guns.

I disagree, Dizzy has helped write some of the best songs in the GNR catalog... and I don't know that Pitman is indispensable, but I still think he brings something to the table, especially when it comes to the studio. For me, Dizzy is essential. He's a link to the past, good songwriter, great keyboardist.

What exactly does Pitman bring to the table that doesn't include terrible sound effects and shitty synths?

Awesome sound effects and cool synths. Dizzy's like the classic styled keyboardist and Pitman's like the eclectically styled synth guy.

And he plays a hell of a tambourine.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I keyboard duel is a corny idea but Dizzy should share his solo spot with pitman in some way.

Corny gets a bad name. Some of GNR's biggest hits are corny. Nothing wrong with a little bit of corny, but its a fine line GNR has walked for decades.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Awesome sound effects and cool synths. Dizzy's like the classic styled keyboardist and Pitman's like the eclectically styled synth guy.

Kinda reaffirms the fact that he does nothing.

Kinda reaffirms the fact that he does nothing.

He does everything except play a stringed instrument at the shows. Keys, synth, tambourine, backing vocals, write songs, etc.

He's prolific.

Jack of all trades.

A living legend.

He does everything except play a stringed instrument at the shows. Keys, synth, tambourine, backing vocals, write songs, etc.

He's prolific.

Jack of all trades.

A living legend.

They've had somebody doing that since 1990.

Granted, I have my own ideas on what nu-GNR should be. I really think there's nothing to be gained by drenching the music in additional keyboards and (even worse) synths. ESPECIALLY when you already have a keyboardist who can do all of it better. As far as Jack of all Trades, there's 6 other musicians in the band who are much more proficient with their instruments and already produced a full-bodied (If not overbloated sound). I don't listen to GNR live concerts for a fucking tambourine I can't hear either. It just gives him something to do on songs he can't add anything to.

If he writes songs and helps produce them, I can respect that. But relegate him to a studio role. Let him be Axl's version of Bernie Taupin. Don't let him ruin a bunch of songs by adding a bunch of stupid electronic effects. If anything, GNR needs to be stripping down their sound.

And he's no living legend either. If you ask any casual music listener who Chris Pitman is, you're probably gonna get, "Who?" I remember when Axl was on Jimmy Kemmel's show he was asked who would be the first member of the band to get kicked out. Axl responded, "Probably Chris." I'd welcome that. Get rid of the excess.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas