Who is more relevant in 2014-Dj Ashba (tm) or Jimmy Page?

Subtle Signs

Who is more relavent in 2014-Dj Ashba (tm) or Jimmy Page?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Page doesn't have 90% of the vote. There are four votes for Ashba and they have to be cupcake votes or kids who don't know any better and are trying to gnr-educate us.

Maybe the 5 of us prefer DJ's music? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean we are cupcakes.

Page doesn't have 90% of the vote. There are four votes for Ashba and they have to be cupcake votes or kids who don't know any better and are trying to gnr-educate us.

Maybe the 5 of us prefer DJ's music? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean we are cupcakes.

But this poll isn't about whose music you prefer.

If Page was relevant in 2014 he would have been on that list I posted earlier this week. He wasn't. Ashba was.

If Page was relevant in 2014 he would have been on that list I posted earlier this week. He wasn't. Ashba was.
Wrong again. For one that list is one rock journalists opinion. It proves nothing. For two, that list excludes guys that (for the most part) achieved great things in the last century (which i don't know why slash was on it then?), but it never once declares relevance. It only speculates that these guys "may" do big things. Which is true. If gnr releases a new album, then yes DJ has done something good. But it still doesn't mean he is more relavant. Which is the biggest problem with this entire discussion, you are trying to prove Ashba's relavence vs Page. But you do so by claiming Page is no longer relavant. You can't ignore everything that man did just to try and prove a point. Because Page's entire body of work and INFLUENCE are still being felt to this day. Maybe not directly like they were in the 70's but indirectly, through guys like Ashba, who i'm sure would name Page as an influence.

But beyond all that, a little over a year ago Page was honered by the president of the United States. You can't get more relavent than that. Because news flash, kids are a minority, adults are the majority. What is cool in your little click, is not a representation of the whole. And finally, Page is up for a grammy in 2014. I have presented you with 2 facts that point to Page being far more relavant.

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 1

He's a gibson player thru and thru since day one, you know.

Oh yeah, never seen with anything else, ever

Dj%2BAshba.jpg

I just have to chime in and say that beyond all the usual criticisms of Ashba, that is seriously one of the worst album titles ever. I can't wait for the follow-up "Achin' for some Bacon".

• Like 1