Who is more relevant in 2014-Dj Ashba (tm) or Jimmy Page?

Subtle Signs

Who is more relavent in 2014-Dj Ashba (tm) or Jimmy Page?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It honestly depends on what you consider relevant. Jimmy is living off of Led Zeppelin, he hasn't done a good album since leaving that band

I'm sure you have listened to those albums too :suspicious:

Outider

Deathwish

The 2 Firm Albums

Walking Into Clarkesdale.

And you forget the Coverdale/ Page album which is a better Led Zeppelin album then "In Through The Outdoor" IMHO....some great Led Zep sounding songs on the C/P album............

Edited by classicrawker

It honestly depends on what you consider relevant. Jimmy is living off of Led Zeppelin, he hasn't done a good album since leaving that band

I'm sure you have listened to those albums too :suspicious:

Outider

Deathwish

The 2 Firm Albums

Walking Into Clarkesdale.

There's better riffs/songs/solos in Coverdale/Page alone, than in all of DJ's discography.

Jimmy all the way

at least in real musicians circle

btw in Europe Jimmy is more famous and relevant than Cashba

But you love Axl Rose, who is living off of Guns N' Roses, and hasn't done a good album since his band left him. The only thing that's keeping him on the radar are his antics like biting and suing people.

How can you be such a flaming hypocrite?

and pretty much this

wfuckinga lolcano and their pals cupcakes hard

Edited by Crash Diet

I am just amazed by this.....

Some people actually believe and "try" to defend their misguided fantasies. I love all things Guns n' Roses, I really do, but these off the wall comparisions to Zeppelin really get me going. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, but people really need to learn to seperate their own personal feelings from things that are considered "facts". I say "facts" like that because their are no true facts in the world of music (and many other things), other than people, places, events, time, etc. All other things are open for interpitation. Having said that, Led Zeppelin are considered one of the best bands period. The people have spoken, it is widely recognized as such. As well as all the members of the band are considered rock and roll royalty at this point. Guns n' Roses are in the discussion for best "hard rock" band, yes. But Zeppelin are up for "best band period". Not the same level. Now if you like gnr better, or Ashba better than Page, well thats great. Good for you man.

I would take the same position if we were discussing gnr vs any of the following....

Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

(and perhaps a few others) I think these bands just plain accomplished more than gnr.

But gnr vs the following is a fair conversation

Van Halen

Aerosmith

AC/DC

Kiss

Motley

etc....

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 1

As much as I like the old GNR, I could not give it to them over VH, Aerosmith, ACDC or KISS.

Looking at GNR's output, it is rather small (AFD, Lies, UYI's and the cover album) and they self destructed pretty quickly, and by 93 already had a reputation for putting on sub standard live shows.

Motley Crue started off strong but after the first 3 they had started churning out less than great albums.

Maybe Aerosmith could be included, considering they had a pretty short run to start with.

I don't get when people say Guns have a small output. Each Illusion is a double album FFS

I agree...that would be 6 total albums, 2 eps and a double "live" album for their career, not including cd

the doors had 6 albums, a live album and a bunch of live eps...not gonna include the 2 albums they made without morrison

As much as I like the old GNR, I could not give it to them over VH, Aerosmith, ACDC or KISS.

Looking at GNR's output, it is rather small (AFD, Lies, UYI's and the cover album) and they self destructed pretty quickly, and by 93 already had a reputation for putting on sub standard live shows.

Motley Crue started off strong but after the first 3 they had started churning out less than great albums.

Maybe Aerosmith could be included, considering they had a pretty short run to start with.

I made a post about this in the vinyl thread, gnr's out put is misleading. When compared to Zeppelin they are only 40 mins behind them (counting appetite, lies, both illusions, tsi, and cd). I didn't include Coda because its not a true zeppelin album imo. But if you want to subtract tsi, then gnr are ruffly 90 mins behind. Which if Axl ever releases another album I'm sure it will have about a 70 min run time (which would be a double album in the 70's.).

By comparision VH entire collected works with DLR singing only clocks in at 245 mins. (this includes adkot)

Gnr are at 340

Zeppelin at 383 minus Coda

Zeppelin with Coda 416

VH entire catalogue (sammy, dave, and Gary) 505 mins.

All of these numbers are estimates, not exact. But gnr has out produced dave era vh, even if you subtract tsi.

Edited by Mike420

Guest Len B'stard

I made a post about this in the vinyl thread, gnr's out put is misleading. When compared to Zeppelin they are only 40 mins behind them (counting appetite, lies, both illusions, tsi, and cd). I didn't include Coda because its not a true zeppelin album imo. But if you want to subtract tsi, then gnr are ruffly 90 mins behind. Which if Axl ever releases another album I'm sure it will have about a 70 min run time (which would be a double album in the 70's.).

By comparision VH entire collected works with DLR singing only clocks in at 245 mins. (this includes adkot)

Gnr are at 340

All of these numbers are estimates, not exact. But gnr has out produced dave era vh, even if you subtract tsi.

Shit, thats really interesting. On face value you wouldn't consider it so but I guess you're right, Led Zeppelin I, II, III, VI, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti and In Through the Out Door (i think thats what its called, can't remember) all come up near evens to GnR's output?

Except Slash is a word and Axl Rose is a unique name?

oh please

so Rose is a word too

If you wanna be pedantic about it Axl is a misspelling of an actual name, Axel, possibly for the purposes of constructing a desperately mature anagram and, as mentioned previously, Rose is a word too so there ain't a lot between the two :shrugs:

What got me thinking about it is when I recieved my Illusion records a few days ago. They are both 2 records long, and so is CD. With 76, 75, and 71 mins runtime respecitvly. While Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti (a true double album) clocks in at 83 mins.

So by 70's standards both Illusions and CD are double albums. It makes you look at gnr's out put a little differently.

BTW Lenny not to nit pick but you forgot Presence.

Edited by Mike420

Gnr are at 340

Zeppelin with Coda 416

Ha, there you go- I stand corrected!

Dj is zeitjest.

Gnr are at 340

Zeppelin with Coda 416

Ha, there you go- I stand corrected!
I realised this recently. CD is like the Zepp later day cd. Im not sure how Doors stack up. But you can be legendary band with 1 record like Sex Pistols. Edited by wasted