Worst Album Title Ever

magisme

Blunderbuss

How is Blunderbuss the worst album title ever?

What a strange choice.

Just don't like it. I wouldn't say worst ever, just don't like. I'm a big Jack White fan, but it's like, here's the long awaited solo debut from Mr. Jack White...Blunderbuss.

I have a dislike for self titled albums, especially when it's not even the debut album. I also can't stand self titled with a number at the end for follow ups. Is it really that hard to come up with a name? And I dislike naming an album after one of the songs. Come on, how lazy are you?

The Beatles albums titles are not very good.

Agreed on most of their albums. But Sgt Pepper

's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Magical Mystery Tour are awesome titles imo.

The Golden Earring (you might remember them from hits like Radar Love and When The Lady Smiles) their latest album was called "Tits n' Ass". Seemed uninspired to me.

I love most of the ones mentioned, the Fiona Apple one i'm reasonably sure is a pisstake but it'd be great if it was real, one of my favorites is Squirrel & The G Man 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carn't Smile (White Out) by The Happy Mondays is fantastic :)

Leisure was a bad one from Blur, just Leisure?

For a band that try to satirise popular culture i think thats a great album title.
I guess I thought it was too obvious. Its like if they were called Cordoroy. or Menswear.

Also that title was tacked on to a pseudo Madchester album. But its true that was like the genesis of the band. Modern Life is Rubbish was the start of the satire. Thats why I always think they were players. Albarn could have written good songs in any scene or style.

Leisire seemed facile, maybe it was done knowingly.