Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S4E2 is on Sky Atlantic tonight.

Seems like every Sunday they repeat the episode that was shown the previous Monday.

Oh shit, I thought the new episode aired on a Sunday.

I usually watch them mid-week.

Gotta kind of feel bad for Cersei in this one. First she has to listen to her dad talk about what a shit her son was as she's standing in front of his corpse...and then she gets raped by her brother in front of his corpse.

On another note, I don't think I've seen another show so brutal to horses. Fucking things are getting their heads chopped off/throats slit/facefucked by knifes every other episode it seems.

Edit: Did they really need to reuse the same music and sound effects from episode 304 for the Dany scene?

Edited by Broskirose

I don't remember Jaime and Cersei's scene being so rapey in the books. Started off like it in the books but Cersei really got into it by the time it was over.

it was more disgusting in the books with the blood and whatnot :lol: why they made it more of a rape scene i really dont understand to be honest, in the books cersei was all for it.

edit: found the scene from the book, backing up what you said.

BOOK SPOILER:

She touched his face. “I was lost without you, Jaime. I was afraid the Starks would send me your head. I could not have borne that.” She kissed him. A light kiss, the merest brush of her lips on his, but he could feel her tremble as he slid his arms around her. “I am not whole without you.”
There was no tenderness in the kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue. “No,” she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, “not here. The septons…”
“The Others can take the septons.” He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother’s altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon’s blood was on her, but it made no difference.
“Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei’s heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.
Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Will be very disappointed if Ser Pounce never makes an appearance, Tommen might be a bit old for that now.

yeah :( in the book he is 8 in the show he is like 16 :lol: i guess that means beets won't be outlawed either :(

For people who obsessively pay attention to casting credits like me - why the fuck is the chick who plays Gilly in the main cast now, yet Oberyn is just a guest star? Kind of stupid.

Great episode, WAY too much time spent on Sam/Gilly though. Do we really need a feel-good love story in this show? IMO, it's a waste of space. I'm not saying disregard it entirely, but I'm sure there are 1,000,000 more interesting things from the books that could have been included instead of having 1/5th of an episode being dedicated to Sam's character development.

I dislike the way Cersei used her period as a way to deter Jamie in the books, yet she made no mention of it in the TV episode! Very uncouth of her. :lol:

Right, can't believe I forgot to talk about this in my previous post. So it looks like Littlefinger was behind the assassination, but why? I know he's got a "thing" for Sansa, but that can't be the only reason. How does Joffrey's death help him? We know that he doesn't take issue with Joffrey's malevolence, maybe Joffrey was doing something that was bad for business? As when it comes down to it, Littlefinger is a business man.

Edited by OmarBradley

Right, can't believe I forgot to talk about this in my previous post. So it looks like Littlefinger was behind the assassination, but why? I know he's got a "thing" for Sansa, but that can't be the only reason. How does Joffrey's death help him? We know that he doesn't take issue with Joffrey's malevolence, maybe Joffrey was doing something that was bad for business? As when it comes down to it, Littlefinger is a business man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

• Like 2

littlefinger thrives on chaos. it is how he rose up from a small insignificant house to being a big time player in kings landing. whenever there is chaos, he is needed and it furthers his advancement. whenever there is a plot or a situation for littlefinger to benefit himself he will take it. remember his talk with ned in season 1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKTwiOHe9FE

littlefinger is the ultimate chess player, he is always 5 or 6 moves ahead of everyone else.

Edited by bran