Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aegon Targaryan next season? :lol:

I'm so glad they didn't just shoe horn that plot onto Gendry to save casting another character. It would have made no sense at all, but I could have seen it.

Jon gonna join the White Walkers and show down against Dany as a parallel between the Blackfyre rebellion. Which is why tree douchebag is so into Jon.

More likely Dany is the antagonist as the shock twist in the story. I can't believe they skipped over the fact that she turned Meereen into Iraq.

She completely comes across as self entitled later as well, literally seeing herself as the messiah of a continent on the other side of the world where no one remembers her, cares and that she can't remember herself. Show has completely white washed her morally and even made the Dragons more friendly. They couldn't have Drogon go on a rampage in Daznaks, because they were probably afraid the audience would ask questions they would not answer.

Edited by AtariLegend

Yeah, it still makes no sense that they didn't show it. I read an article yesterday where Dan Weiss was talking about Ned Stark's death, and how that in the book you don't really see it with your (Arya's) eyes, but in the show they had to at least show Illyn Payne just cutting into Ned's neck - otherwise it wouldn't have been believable, and watchers would naturally start to question.

Also, lol from the linked article:

So who is left? The answer is no one. Not unless you count Robert’s bastard son Gendry, and for all we know, he died at sea in a horrible boating accident.
Here's what I was referring to earlier:

"In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It's that rule: 'If don't see the body then they're not really dead.' Like when we cut Ned's head off, we didn't want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck," he told Entertainment Weekly.
Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

So who is left? The answer is no one. Not unless you count Robert’s bastard son Gendry, and for all we know, he died at sea in a horrible boating accident.

All the more reason why it won't be Stannis's choice in the books. Although Robert still has other bastards there.

How can Liam say they're racing/plummeting towards the end? Does this mean they'll drop the White Walkers from the show? :P.

Edited by AtariLegend

Yeah, it still makes no sense that they didn't show it. I read an article yesterday where Dan Weiss was talking about Ned Stark's death, and how that in the book you don't really see it with your (Arya's) eyes, but in the show they had to at least show Illyn Payne just cutting into Ned's neck - otherwise it wouldn't have been believable, and watchers would naturally start to question.

Also, lol from the linked article:

Here's what I was referring to earlier:

"In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It's that rule: 'If don't see the body then they're not really dead.' Like when we cut Ned's head off, we didn't want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck," he told Entertainment Weekly.

Not to mention we later see Ned's head on a spike.

To me this brings me to the point where I don't care what happens on the show. I don't really care about the characters. I hope Tyrion does fine. Varys was cool. Sansa wasn't anywhere near Winterfell in A Dance with Dragons so I am not sure what the fuck is going on there.

It makes me wonder. Did Stannis die in the same manner in the book? Does Sansa get raped? I know they say the show will "end the same way as the book" but what does that mean? Are they going their separate ways?

Something strange has been happening since Season 2 when Robb married Talisa, a character not in the book. Book Robb married a noblewoman who is still alive as far as we know. Jaime is in the Riverlands, there is another Invasion of Westeros by a cool character cut from the books that Dorne may make an alliance with. Tyrion is heading to Mereen with Jorah by invading army, pretty much by accident. Barristan is left in charge of Mereen, not dead as he is in the show.

I realize they killed off Barristan so they can have Tyrion run the show. They have turned him into a saint in this show.

• Like 2

still not sure how the battle will go down in the books or stannis and his fate. the situation is entirely different from the book and the show. this show has been just a mess of cutting, re arranging, pulling stuff out of thin air(as well as other places) for all we know stannis in the show was ended and his story continued and bent in a weird way by another character. there is no way in hell the "worlds greatest battle commander" is going to just march his army into the face of thousands of cavalry(where the fuck did the boltons get all those cavalry soldiers from anyway) and go down with little or no fight whatsoever.

• Like 1

still not sure how the battle will go down in the books or stannis and his fate. the situation is entirely different from the book and the show. this show has been just a mess of cutting, re arranging, pulling stuff out of thin air(as well as other places) for all we know stannis in the show was ended and his story continued and bent in a weird way by another character. there is no way in hell the "worlds greatest battle commander" is going to just march his army into the face of thousands of cavalry(where the fuck did the boltons get all those cavalry soldiers from anyway) and go down with little or no fight whatsoever.

Martin depicted the Boltons as a loose alliance of Houses held together by brutality and hostages. They basically bit off more than they can chew. It seemed like Stannis had the upper hand because he won over the Northern Clans and remaining Houses by saying he will avenge Ned Stark's death and his family and rescuing the surviving Starks. The Boltons were at a disadvantage there but all they had to do was sit in their castles and wait for Stannis to starve. Instead he decides to attack Stannis who is obviously setting up a trap.

We know book Stannis is different from the show. He is more likable, he is actually one of the funniest characters in the series. Renly's parlay with him was more colorful and hilarious than depicted in the show. Renly taunts Stannis with a peach grown in the Reach and talks about his new wife being a maiden and Stannis quips "In your bed she's like to die that way!" with Stannis knowing full well about his brother's "perversions". They did make Stannis more likable at first, but that was just to provide shock value later when he decided to burn his daughter.

And that is another thing, Renly's homosexuality was far more subtle in the books. I know they want to appeal to a demographic, but I think the subtly will be more appealing even for that demographic. Ben and Dave can shove their degrees in my face, but a piece of paper means nothing if you can't back it up with your skills.

Euron and Dragonbinder I think will relevant to Danny's story and how she actually controls the Dragons, well at least 2 of them. Not by closing your eyes and "thinking" really hard like in the show.

I refuse to believe that after all that talk about Stannis rebuilding the Nightfort ect that nothing comes of it. That would be extreme mis-direction and instantly render alot of Stannis story arc filler.

I'm also pretty sure Jorah will find out his father's dying wish for him to join the Night's Watch in the books as well, something which is impossible in the show.

If by chance next season they do Old Town in full/Euron/Victorian and shift Jamie to Riverlands, then it means they as show runners never thought out how they where going to end this show in 2 seasons. It's too late to circle back to AFFC, when you've already done the other major end points.

We know book Stannis is different from the show. He is more likable, he is actually one of the funniest characters in the series. Renly's parlay with him was more colorful and hilarious than depicted in the show. Renly taunts Stannis with a peach grown in the Reach and talks about his new wife being a maiden and Stannis quips "In your bed she's like to die that way!" with Stannis knowing full well about his brother's "perversions". They did make Stannis more likable at first, but that was just to provide shock value later when he decided to burn his daughter.

I don't know why people keep saying this. His is a dick in the books.

If by chance next season they do Old Town in full/Euron/Victorian and shift Jamie to Riverlands, then it means they as show runners never thought out how they where going to end this show in 2 seasons. It's too late to circle back to AFFC, when you've already done the other major end points.

"Jaime to the Riverlands" was a big part of his "redemption" in my eyes. Shame they left it out.

I had to google it through wiki's ect, but I guess Danny's Bloodridder's were retconned from the show after season 2?

As far as I can tell, only 1 was ever killed on the show.

"In discussing the ending of Season 4, David Benioff and Dan Weiss revealed that they did not want to kill off Rakharo, but that the actor was going to leave the show for other projects. Rather than have his character simply disappear, they decided to give him a proper send-off."

They killed him off in season 2, however her other Bloodriders just vanished from the show then too.

One thing I can say about this season is Peter Dinklage's outstanding performace. Wish they would finally recognize him as a leading actor in the show. He has taken over the lead since Season 2.

They haven't used Tyrion to his full potential, he could have been another anti-hero that seems popular in television along with Tony Soprano, Walter White, Nucky Thompson and countless others.

• Like 1

One thing I can say about this season is Peter Dinklage's outstanding performace. Wish they would finally recognize him as a leading actor in the show. He has taken over the lead since Season 2.

They haven't used Tyrion to his full potential, he could have been another anti-hero that seems popular in television along with Tony Soprano, Walter White, Nucky Thompson and countless others.

He could have been an excellent anti-hero, should have.

However I'm not sure if your serious about the rest. Alot of people think he is the star of the show, he's even more promoted and treated like a star than Danny the Stormborn, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons, the Whitewashed ect.

I think he probably would have had the power to veto his deprecating adventures in Essos into what they became this season. Doubt it was his fault though.

btw I reckon in the next book Tyrion/Danny don't stay together that long. I bet he even betrays her at some point, something about a Lion in a prophecy. Not a show spoiler, because they'll no doubt skip over that. They'll probably put Bronn in her Queen's guard as well.. for show fan service.

If you remember, Tyrion seems more supportive of Aegon, who has been cut. Then again, Aegon seems too perfect. Even Varys supports him. I figured GRRM was setting him up to die. Like how Stannis was setting up for a win but George likes to fuck with us.

Random crazy theory that has no support in anything I've read/seen, but I just feel like it's possible given GRRM's proclivity to throw wrenches:

Rickon (or Bran) wargs into Drogon and destroys Dany and the White Walkers.

The Night's King turns out to be a good guy (in the books), he's the Walker's prisoner and they use him to revive the dead. After Rickon/Drogon kill all the baddies, the Night's King claims the Iron Throne.

:lol:

We should do a GoT/ASOIAF guessing game sort of like the Death Pool threads. Anyone interested? I guess we'd basically list all of the main/recurring characters, and type up 1-2 sentences on what we think their ultimate fate may be.

Or maybe just a general GoT Death Pool since S6 is going to be new material?

• Like 1