Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brienne will probably kill Stannis because she's done shit this season, Stoneheart (if she appears) will kill Roose

I can see why alot assume that, but if in the unlikely event which I don't buy to be honest that Stannis does burn Shireen in the books it would have to be after he's won the battle of Winterfell.

Unless they do some silly twist where Littlefinger ends up with Winterfell in the show.

Edited by AtariLegend

Brienne will probably kill Stannis because she's done shit this season, Stoneheart (if she appears) will kill Roose

Haven't the producers and GRRM both said fairly finitely that Stoneheart will not appear? I mean, that would make it even more awesome if she did, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

And I feel like if Michelle Fairley was on the set.... we'd have heard about it.

Edited by OmarBradley

The title of the episode, first shot of the episode trailer and the fact that next season the greyjoys look like they're coming, gives some of the more tin-foily bunch some hope. Reality is though apart from the reasons discussed before, if they are really determined to finish in two seasons, it makes no sense to introduce "that" character a season or two too late.

On the books main forum there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that Martin told the producers that Shireen will be burnt in the upcoming book. Whether or not it is Stannis that does it, well we just don't know that yet. I did read an interesting theory that suggested that Shireen will be burnt to resurrect Jon.

On the books main forum there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that Martin told the producers that Shireen will be burnt in the upcoming book. Whether or not it is Stannis that does it, well we just don't know that yet. I did read an interesting theory that suggested that Shireen will be burnt to resurrect Jon.

That's been one of the more popular beliefs for a while now, that or

she burns Shireen thinking that Stannis is dead and prays for Azor Ahai to be brought back, resulting in Jon coming back instead.

I have a feeling though that in the show they'll try and turn him into a white walker for shock value first.

Edited by AtariLegend

I usually watch previews, but I kinda want to not for the finale. Want it to be completely fresh.

So I know the season isn't over yet, but I think we can start to remark on the quality of this season. S4 has been my favorite so far, with S3 being my least favorite. The middle 3-4 episodes of S5 were a bit slow to me, and there have been a few head turning plot choices this season that I wasn't too fond of. That being said, I've overall really enjoyed this season. I don't want to say it's better than season 1 or 2, but at times it was certainly more entertaining. S6 is the real question mark, as it will pretty much be all original material, or heavily adapted things GRRM has told DB/David will happen.

Book readers, do you play to watch seasons 6 and 7, given that it is likely going to spoil quite a bit from the forthcoming two books?

That's a good question, but if I were someone who had spent 10 -15 years reading the books, I wouldn't worry too much about the show since there seems to be some drastic departures between the two formats. I do think they'll end in the same place, but it sounds as they'll take very different paths in getting there.

Then again, considering GRRM's age and health (i.e. fat and out of shape), one wonders if the story will ever be fully told in book form. I wonder if GRRM has written out an outline for how he envisions each character and story arc to unfold and it's just a matter of filling in the detail.

That's a good question, but if I were someone who had spent 10 -15 years reading the books, I wouldn't worry too much about the show since there seems to be some drastic departures between the two formats. I do think they'll end in the same place, but it sounds as they'll take very different paths in getting there.

Then again, considering GRRM's age and health (i.e. fat and out of shape), one wonders if the story will ever be fully told in book form. I wonder if GRRM has written out an outline for how he envisions each character and story arc to unfold and it's just a matter of filling in the detail.

I'm reading them now.... and tbh I don't think I'd want the show to spoil anything. I won't decide until next season is about to start, but I'm considering not watching.... although it would be sweet if TWOW came out early/mid next year, that would solve the problem, for S6 at least.

From what I've heard, and I'm sure Atari, bran, Georgy, etc. have more info on this, but he knows the general ending for the series - I don't know that it's terribly detailed though. I do know for sure though he is unequivocally against having another author finish the series, even with his notes.

I don't think they'll end in the same place, it'll be very loose. He said he does know where the principle characters end up, but principle characters is already a different definition between show/books. There's very big hints in the books about what will happen to certain characters, subtleties that the show doesn't include and obviously people tend to develop different perspective on other characters between the books and the show i.e Stannis/Danny.

The journey especially this season has been radically different, but certain books plots will obviously play out in the finale in some way. Just don't see how they have time to get to all of this on Sunday in 61 minutes, it's a shorter finale than last year.

Spoiler in relation to Sunday and the end of ADWD

Looks like Jon is definitely getting a letter of some kind on Sunday according to the official HBO episode picture and the trailer, but it obviously won't be the same as the pink letter.

Obviously it has nothing to do with Mance and it's safe to say it isn't by Stannis either in the show at least. Not sure it makes sense to be from Davos.

That suggests it's probably from Sansa or appears to be, which is weird given I don't remember them interacting in the books or the show previously. In fact she basically looks down on him and he I think is aware of it? So that's a little thing that's lost if Jon thinks this is about Sansa and not Arya, not to say that it isn't enough though.

Trying to guess what she'd say that would make him break his vows, when he knows Stannis is marching on Winterfell and that this will be happening in the same episode.

I hope it isn't a letter from or written by Littlefinger in the show, that's just the easy way out.

I2CkRYe.jpg

New image from Sunday, just incase someone doubts it :P.

tumblr_npsfduOD0N1qis07wo1_1280.jpg

I'm reading them now.... and tbh I don't think I'd want the show to spoil anything. I won't decide until next season is about to start, but I'm considering not watching.... although it would be sweet if TWOW came out early/mid next year, that would solve the problem, for S6 at least.

From what I've heard, and I'm sure Atari, bran, Georgy, etc. have more info on this, but he knows the general ending for the series - I don't know that it's terribly detailed though. I do know for sure though he is unequivocally against having another author finish the series, even with his notes.

martin has never been an outline type of writer he knows the ending for most of the main characters but he doesnt yet know the way they get to that point. he will write something down, sometimes whole chapters, and then take it and rip it up just to start over. he said he has a new plot twist in mind for a main character that he may or may not use.

as for watching the last 2 seasons, i am leaning towards watching them. i believe we will get an overview of how the books will end but i think the book will get to those points in vastly different ways plus all the other characters stories that need to be resolved that wont be on the show.

• Like 1

martin has never been an outline type of writer he knows the ending for most of the main characters but he doesnt yet know the way they get to that point. he will write something down, sometimes whole chapters, and then take it and rip it up just to start over. he said he has a new plot twist in mind for a main character that he may or may not use.

as for watching the last 2 seasons, i am leaning towards watching them. i believe we will get an overview of how the books will end but i think the book will get to those points in vastly different ways plus all the other characters stories that need to be resolved that wont be on the show.

I'm betting Stannis rapes someone next season possibly Olly if he survives on Sunday.

George suggested he hasn't wrote how Shireen will die and basically hinted that "the Night's King" character is a TV show invention, so it seems unlikely that the end game of the show will reflect the books too much.

• Like 1

Those tents just spontaneously lit on fire. Plus the shot of Dany getting on Drogon looked cheesy as fuck.

Yall nitpicking now. :lol:

Can't help it, but i'm glad I haven't read the books yet.

Okay, I guess CGI can't be perfect on an $8 million budget.

As for the burning of tents, I know you have to suspend disbelief but that was stretching it a bit too thin.

• Like 2

I know it doesn't exclude the issues with script/characterization, but I wonder how much the fact that David Nutter who's directing 9/10 was the only returning director this series has factored in. Everyone else was a first timer at least in this show.

Those tents just spontaneously lit on fire. Plus the shot of Dany getting on Drogon looked cheesy as fuck.

Yall nitpicking now. :lol:

Can't help it, but i'm glad I haven't read the books yet.

Okay, I guess CGI can't be perfect on an $8 million budget.

As for the burning of tents, I know you have to suspend disbelief but that was stretching it a bit too thin.

Sorry man but that stuff is nitpicking to me. Haven't seen any problems on my end at least. I know you're probably more critical, being a book reader and all. But I guess that's what it really comes down to.

• Like 1

Some people claiming screeners where sent to critics in advance. Not sure if this is a photoshop, but it's supposedly a certain moment at the end. Don't click if you want to enjoy Sunday's finale.

UcAtaq3.jpg

1434065561198.jpg

I can't tell who the second image is