Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

Episode 9 has leaked. It got posted on HBO GO and then removed afterwards, people got the chance to DL it. Haven't seen the full episode links since this happened not long ago however there are clips of the ending going around.

Next 2 episodes should be interesting, TV show fans will love it and anyone who's read the books will probably be outraged.

Why on earth would Jon and the Wildings being approaching Castle Black from that side of the wall? They had a boat, does this mean next episode they go back to Hardhome pop off the boats and do a runner to the wall?

Seriously hope if Shireen ends up burned by Mel, it isn't Stannis decision. Stannis making a heel turn and burning his heir will make Sansa getting rapped by Ramsay look like nothing.

They fucking done it. What the fuck where they thinking.

Part of the pit scene http://streamable.com/js2w

Part of Stannis's character assassination http://streamable.com/0m2k

Episode 10 preview http://streamable.com/lerl

Edited by AtariLegend

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of context from WOW the 6th book

Stannis makes it clear if he dies in the battle against the Boltons, he wants his men to do everything they can to make sure Shireen his only fucking heir is put on the throne instead.

There is no fucking way that if anything happens to Shireen in the next book it'll be Stannis's decision. Melissandre might do something fucked up like that, but Mel/Shireen/Seylse are at the Wall not on a fucking army's march.

Stannis is one of the most popular characters from the books. He's a grey character, but in all honestly even Tyrion is and to a lesser extent Danny is.

They're black washing the guy so that it doesn't make Brienne (probably) or Danny look bad when they kill him in the show. Complete fucking character assassination and obviously only for the purpose of a episode 9 shocking moment. I'd rather they'd have done the pink letter here instead.

Edited by AtariLegend

Stannis makes it clear if he dies in the battle against the Boltons, he wants his men to do everything they can to make sure Shireen his only fucking heir is put on the throne instead.

There is no fucking way that if anything happens to Shireen in the next book it'll be Stannis's decision. Melissandre might do something fucked up like that, but Mel/Shireen/Seylse are at the Wall not on a fucking army's march.

Stannis is one of the most popular characters from the books. He's a grey character, but in all honestly even Tyrion is and to a lesser extent Danny is.

They're black washing the guy so that it doesn't make Brienne (probably) or Danny look bad when they kill him in the show. Complete fucking character assassination and obviously only for the purpose of a episode 9 shocking moment. I'd rather they'd have done the pink letter letter here instead.

That is what I was thinking. I am done with this show. These guys can fuck it up all they want, I am just going to wait for TWOW to come out.

Didn't really know where else to post this, books arrived yesterday. I'm 100 pages into AGOT, probably done for the night, may do a bit more. My plan is ~50 pages a day, should take 4-5 months I think.

Really enjoying it so far, it's not too different from the show so far - there's just more detail and a few things here and there that took me by surprise. Martin's writing is really great though, I definitely see myself already preferring certain character's storylines/POV chapters, but I don't think there's been one chapter yet that I've thought, "I didn't like that." With the exception of character's age, I'd say the show did a pretty bang on job of setting up/visually showing the characters and their personalities and appearances.

As far as the show goes, I'm going to watch the episode tonight as usual, haven't checked the spoilers.

This show is making some really bafflingly stupid decisions. I was fully prepared for the show to blaze it's own trail. I didn't expect it to also take a giant shit on the characters in the book

They're black washing the guy so that it doesn't make Brienne (probably) or Danny look bad when they kill him in the show. Complete fucking character assassination and obviously only for the purpose of a episode 9 shocking moment. I'd rather they'd have done the pink letter letter here instead.

That is what I was thinking. I am done with this show. These guys can fuck it up all they want, I am just going to wait for TWOW to come out.

if they fucking do this......

fyi I sure hope Danny is immune to greyscale given Jorah had more physical contact with her in 20 seconds than in 5 seasons.

A Dance with Dragons - The King's Prize

That tale she had from Justin Massey, who was less devout than most. "A sacrifice will prove our faith still burns true, Sire," Clayton Suggs had told the king. And Godry the Giantslayer said, "The old gods of the north have sent this storm upon us. Only R'hllor can end it. We must give him an unbeliever."
"Half my army is made up of unbelievers," Stannis had replied. "I will have no burnings. Pray harder."
No burnings today, and none tomorrow … but if the snows continue, how long before the king's resolve begins to weaken? Asha had never shared her uncle Aeron's faith in the Drowned God, but that night she prayed as fervently to He Who Dwells Beneath the Waves as ever the Damphair had. The storm did not abate. The march continued, slowing to a stagger, then a crawl. Five miles was a good day. Then three. Then two.

The Winds Of Winter - Theon I

I do not beg, nor will I flee again. I am Robert's heir, the rightful king of Westeros. My place is with my men. Yours is in Braavos. Go with the banker, and do as I have bid."
"As you command," Ser Justin said.
"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."
The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead —

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

Edited by AtariLegend

Pros: J BEAR to the rescue! Drago kicked so much ass, the entire fighting pit scene made Dany's storyline worth it

Cons: Dorne still sucks... hard, Bravos is starting to lag and the pedophile scene was unnecessary (we know he's bad already!), Brenne has done shit, no Stoneheart again (I give up)

The VERY bad: WTFFFFFF that scene sucked so hard. That was BAD, no way around it. Not only is Stannis not the Mannis, but I hope he and the Boltons meet horrible demises (along with their whole entourages)

Shireen was at the Wall in the book along with Melisandre and the Queen, so it makes no sense why she was burned at the camp. They claim GRRM had her burned in the book so my guess is they burned her at The Wall with Stannis away.

Still can't be bothered to watch this episode.

• Like 1

Shireen was at the Wall in the book along with Melisandre and the Queen, so it makes no sense why she was burned at the camp. They claim GRRM had her burned in the book so my guess is they burned her at The Wall with Stannis away.

Still can't be bothered to watch this episode.

I was in the same boat but I caved. Honestly, the final 15 minutes make it worth the watch

• Like 1