Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

He said back in February on his blog. It's a shame he wrote some of the best episodes (including Blackwater of course), but there's no way season 6 will cover Winds except certain bits at the start.

Hardhome tomorrow night is probably as close as we'll get to an adaption of Winds material. Tomorrow's episode was the most heavily in advance hyped episode. It better be worth it!

Edited by AtariLegend

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shot with the dead children was haunting. In 2 minutes of screen time, The Night's King made trivialized every other villain and made them his bitch. Ramsay, Roose, Tywin, Frey, Cersei, Joffrey, etc are all nothings.

And I'm calling it now. Stoneheart in the finale. Get hyped

The shot with the dead children was haunting. In 2 minutes of screen time, The Night's King made trivialized every other villain and made them his bitch. Ramsay, Roose, Tywin, Frey, Cersei, Joffrey, etc are all nothings.

And I'm calling it now. Stoneheart in the finale. Get hyped

The season finale has a name which might suggest that character could show up, but George RR Martin just gave an interview yesterday about cut characters. He mentioned Stoneheart and how she has a role to play in the books, he didn't mention certain other big characters however.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart

Great great episode, only 1 or 2 scenes I thought were slow (whereas the majority of the past 3 episodes were slow I thought).

I know this isn't really at all how it happened in the books, but D/D provided their explanation, that Hardhome is mentioned in the books, and it's mentioned that "something" terrible happened there - so this was their way of showing what that could have been. That's the sort of editorial leeway I think is appropriate for the adaptation, extrapolating off of something mentioned in the books..... not creating new storylines that don't make sense given character histories and the overall plot of the entire story.

I was so scared when Jon got on that boat at the very end.... the rower was a hooded figure who was already sitting on the boat before Jon & co. got on, I thought for sure the second Night's King got done with his zombification the hooded figure was going to stand up and give Jon a good 6-7 stabs in the chest. Hope that doesn't happen next episode, would be great to see him continue in his current position. Him/Stannis have easily been the most interesting/entertaining storylines of the last 2 seasons. Tyrion too, but he's

always been interesting.

I think the insight D/D have provided into the White Walkers/the abstract evil force in the far north is pretty solid, I know GRRM hasn't provided that level of detail yet - but I'm not finding any problems with it in the show.

I guess part of the crafting process of Valyrian steel contains obsidian? Who knows.....

I know Tyrion and Dany haven't met in the books yet, and there's supposed to be that big battle for the slavers to take back Meereen, but I'm OK with how they did it in the show. Interested to see what Jorah's plan is...... if he even has one.

Edited by OmarBradley

Hardhome stuff was great, but still don't like this Olly stuff. In the books it's pretty obvious why the Night's Watch would be weary of the wild-lings, but for Olly it's all personal. Not even subtle.

The Danny scene was silly too. That speech where she basically suggested that she was going to bring Tyranny to Westros by crushing all the other houses. She excluded her own house from that wheel and acted like the Tyrells ruled the land at one point, while skipping the obvious ally of Dorne. Danny wants to bring a dictatorship and Tyrion just nodded his head, he in the show doesn't seem to care about the other members of his family Danny wants to kill.

Looking forward to the next 2 episodes, the end of the book material. Big moments should be interesting in TV form.

Edited by AtariLegend