Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olly is a little bitch.

Ooooooh the one good thing about Olly I just realized.

We'll get to see Wun Wun stomp on him after he attacks Jon. It's a given

:P.

Fingers crossed.

i would love to see that, olly has to be in top contention for worst GOT character.

Just ordered a boxset of the 5, paperback (non-mass market). What's the expected time required to read, thinking 3 months? 2? 4?

yeah 3 or 4 months is very doable if not a little less depending on how fast and how much you read a day.

Just ordered a boxset of the 5, paperback (non-mass market). What's the expected time required to read, thinking 3 months? 2? 4?

yeah 3 or 4 months is very doable if not a little less depending on how fast and how much you read a day.

Fuck..... I just remembered I gotta read The Witcher books too.... guess I'll wait until they're all translated and find a box set.

• Like 1

Next 2 episodes should be interesting, TV show fans will love it and anyone who's read the books will probably be outraged.

Why on earth would Jon and the Wildings being approaching Castle Black from that side of the wall? They had a boat, does this mean next episode they go back to Hardhome pop off the boats and do a runner to the wall?

Seriously hope if Shireen ends up burned by Mel, it isn't Stannis decision. Stannis making a heel turn and burning his heir will make Sansa getting rapped by Ramsay look like nothing.

Edited by AtariLegend

Fuck..... I just remembered I gotta read The Witcher books too.... guess I'll wait until they're all translated and find a box set.

the fan made translations are pretty good, but yeah i want to buy a box set when it comes out.

Aren't the books a 1000 pages long? Likely take me a year to finish five tomes like that.

Aren't the books a 1000 pages long? Likely take me a year to finish five tomes like that.

I plan to read them fast, and from what I hear, you want to read the fast. Like how you want to binge GoT all in one day.

a game of thrones, a clash of kings and a feast for crows are in the 700+ page range. a storm of swords and a dance with dragons are around 1,000.

A Game of Thrones is the slowest book by far. I actually read A Dance with Dragons the quickest mostly because I was kind of speeding through Dany's chapters. They are so boring. JUst when they get good it ends. A Feast For Crows was the most difficult for me because I didn't care about most of the POV's. I only liked Jamie's and Arianne's.

One of the issues with aging up characters on GOT and ignoring Jorah's previous failed marriages. He almost comes across as sympathetic.

Do TV show watchers actually believe the story is about them getting together? He's like 30 years older than her and she only turns 14 near the start of the first book. Jorah if you ignore the interest in a little girl, is basically a desperate middle aged guy who falls in love too easy and made 2 previous wife's miserable. He's also a bit of a dick to anyone else he see's giving Danny advice AKA Barristan in ASOS.

It obviously makes her uncomfortable and she's just not interested in that with him. Maybe it's the way the show is structured, but it's weird people thinking "awww when will Danny let Jorah out off the friend zone". Even with the TV show "ages", he's still twice her age.

Not sure what would have happened, but in the show Jorah's dad never tells Samwell that his dying wish is for Jorah to join the Night's Watch?

Obviously pointless now in the show, since Jorah's got greyscale.