Are we taking racism way too far?

username

At least my rep doesn't consist of kissing a redheads ass :lol:

That's right. You kiss facekicker's ass.

Is it true you're really a man? Or is that racist of me? heehee

Whoops!

I am a man

I kiss Red's arse? Go find how many times I defended her when everyone was ripping into her.

Go on now.

yea you do

Johnny drama you are a joke

I think SunnyDre has some good points. During World War Two, America had to impose her own Jim crow style laws on her black military personal in England to stop Black GIs and airmen dancing with white women. The English were sort of, astonished at this; they just assumed that black GIs could attend dance halls - they just took it for granted. Another problem was, slavery does not fit well with English Common law: there is no precedent for it (cf. Lord Mansfield‘s law). The historical root of American racism is slavery and the slave states. The south was a slave economy, an entire infrastructure built on chattel slavery - and this was in the modern era! There were 3-4 million slaves around the mid 19th century and there was a persistent fear of slave uprisings; anyone could cite the example of Haiti. Also, if slavery was abolished there was a great fear of reprisals against the white population and a fear that white women would be, morally compromised, raped etc. The ‘innocent Christian white maiden’ under threat from the ’ugly buck negro’ is the type of thing you see in the propaganda of this era. So the sequel to the Civil War was, Jim Crow legislation (the Federalist north felt they should placate the recently defeated, South). Basically, the point I am making is, American racism was - has been - institutionalised for long periods in time. There is simply no precedent in Europe - even Russian serfdom. Europe has never experienced a whole economy, operating on chattel slavery, since antiquity (significant portions of the Roman economy subsisted on chattel slavery, but then, slavery in antiquity did not differentiate on race).

Racism in Britain is sort of elusive. I am certainly not saying it does not exist but it seems to be, less confined to race per se and more broader than American racism. It tends to take a sectarian character (e.g. Irish) and/or be directed at various enemies Britain has fought over the years (e.g. the French and the Germans). There is a 'football lout' mentality to British racism.

The ironic thing is, these countries which demand reparations and international apologies for slavery, their ancestors were probably slave-traders, not slaves. The African trade was an internal thing which the Europeans merely, bought into. African tribes would capture their slaves through endemic warfare and sell them on to, usually Arabs, Muslims who seasonally crossed the sahara in pursuit of slaves. And this had been going on for hundreds of years before Europeans stepped in! But then it is all the fault of the straight white geezer sitting in 2014.

It is not even the British-Americans anyway (I mention that as it seems to be the English speaker who receives the most opprobrium). The Portuguese and Spanish exported more African slaves than the British did.

Smartest posts in this thread.

Brainsaber is really a fun guy

but he likes it rough

Can someone take Gia's crystal meth off of her?

it would be funny if you weren't kissing Redhead

hahha how sad

fat fuck

Call me fat again and I'll burn your house down, kill you, barbecue you on the flames and use your bones to beat the living shit out of your family.

Kapiche?

I think SunnyDre has some good points. During World War Two, America had to impose her own Jim crow style laws on her black military personal in England to stop Black GIs and airmen dancing with white women. The English were sort of, astonished at this; they just assumed that black GIs could attend dance halls - they just took it for granted. Another problem was, slavery does not fit well with English Common law: there is no precedent for it (cf. Lord Mansfields law). The historical root of American racism is slavery and the slave states. The south was a slave economy, an entire infrastructure built on chattel slavery - and this was in the modern era! There were 3-4 million slaves around the mid 19th century and there was a persistent fear of slave uprisings; anyone could cite the example of Haiti. Also, if slavery was abolished there was a great fear of reprisals against the white population and a fear that white women would be, morally compromised, raped etc. The innocent Christian white maiden under threat from the ugly buck negro is the type of thing you see in the propaganda of this era. So the sequel to the Civil War was, Jim Crow legislation (the Federalist north felt they should placate the recently defeated, South). Basically, the point I am making is, American racism was - has been - institutionalised for long periods in time. There is simply no precedent in Europe - even Russian serfdom. Europe has never experienced a whole economy, operating on chattel slavery, since antiquity (significant portions of the Roman economy subsisted on chattel slavery, but then, slavery in antiquity did not differentiate on race).

Racism in Britain is sort of elusive. I am certainly not saying it does not exist but it seems to be, less confined to race per se and more broader than American racism. It tends to take a sectarian character (e.g. Irish) and/or be directed at various enemies Britain has fought over the years (e.g. the French and the Germans). There is a 'football lout' mentality to British racism.

The ironic thing is, these countries which demand reparations and international apologies for slavery, their ancestors were probably slave-traders, not slaves. The African trade was an internal thing which the Europeans merely, bought into. African tribes would capture their slaves through endemic warfare and sell them on to, usually Arabs, Muslims who seasonally crossed the sahara in pursuit of slaves. And this had been going on for hundreds of years before Europeans stepped in! But then it is all the fault of the straight white geezer sitting in 2014.

It is not even the British-Americans anyway (I mention that as it seems to be the English speaker who receives the most opprobrium). The Portuguese and Spanish exported more African slaves than the British did.

Smartest posts in this thread.

Yeah before crack whore here butted in,I thought these were great posts. Kudos to Sunny too.