Maybe Scraped could have been better...

I think they might have used that version of Scraped (on the album) as a side 2 opener. It's big and bouncy, like a ball of energy. Great opener but there is potential to open it up and give it a more UYI feel. Live version might be great.

Edited by wasted

That is awful. Awful. :no:

Scraped is perfect the way it is

You're right about it not being a great listen.

But to describe Scraped as being "perfect" is being very.....very........very generous.

I love the song, the accapella intro on the studio version and the kick ass drum intro that gives you the chills in the live versions

I'd like to see Scraped eventually replace WTTJ at US sport events. It probably would have already if it wasn't too advanced for most of its listeners.

I would too. Especially with the live drum intro, Scraped would be so much cooler than Jungle

Cooler than WTTJ? Rly?

There is a big difference between being cool and being cooler than one of the best GNR sounds that still sounds decent nowadays. If he can barely sings WTTJ, how he would sing Scraped that has much more voice changes?

Edited by MattElias

I'd like to see Scraped eventually replace WTTJ at US sport events. It probably would have already if it wasn't too advanced for most of its listeners.

I would too. Especially with the live drum intro, Scraped would be so much cooler than Jungle

Cooler than WTTJ? Rly?

There is a big difference between being cool and being cooler than one of the best GNR sounds that still sounds decent nowadays. If he can barely sings WTTJ, how he would sing Scraped that has much more voice changes?

Yes, really. I think Scraped is by far the better song. It is full of so much raw anger and energy whereas Jungle just seems dated and flat to me. Don't get me wrong, the song has its place in GNR history, but it's very obvious (to me, at least) that the band has evolved into so much more than what they were in their early club days. Everyone has got to start somewhere, though. I have Scraped on repeat while I do my 20 minutes of morning calisthenics five days a week. It just gives me such a great natural high and pushes me to forge ahead even when I don't want to. I can't thank Axl enough for this often overlooked gem. It's definitely appreciated by this fan and I'd love to see it get more play during the live shows.

As far as your concerns about him struggling to sing it, I haven't seen this yet, so until I do, I'm not going to worry about it.

Edited by ABBA
  • Like 1

I didn't think Scraped could be any worse.

I was wrong.

As far as your concerns about him struggling to sing it, I haven't seen this yet, so until I do, I'm not going to worry about it.

Agreed.

I mean, many people ridicule me for not eating dog feces on toast. I'd rather have a nice grilled salmon, but I'm a moron. Having a dog take a shit on a piece of toast and then having a cat piss all over it and then eating it is fine dining.

I'm a moron.

In a few weeks some posters are gonna argue with a serious face that So Fine is a better song than Sweet Child.

I think So Fine is a better song than SCOM. Could be because SCOM has been played so much though.

In a few weeks some posters are gonna argue with a serious face that So Fine is a better song than Sweet Child.

I think So Fine is a better song than SCOM. Could be because SCOM has been played so much though.
Sorry, I just can't agree.