THIS ^^^

My routine goes something like this;

Wet beard area with hot water.

Use facial scrub to lift hairs

Apply Proraso pre-shave or conditioner to soften beard

Using a badger brush work up a lather of Proraso shave cream

Apply lather to beard and allow to rest a minute or two before shaving

I use a Muhle R89 razor with a feather blade

Shave with the grain first, then across and finally against. Apply lather between each pass obviously or you'll tear your face off.

Rinse face with cold water to close pores

Apply post shave balm. I use Clinique.

I can do this routine quite quickly now. At first it may take you a while until you get used to using the blade which is insanely sharp.

Here's what it looks like

products_548_r89-double-edged-safety-raz

Edited by Facekicker

I want to grow a beard. :(

Do it, then.

Don't worry about what others say about you. Just ignore them. People are always making fun of me. They

call me Jesus and Teen Santa all the time and I don't give a fuck.

Your face looks like Robin Williams' knuckles.

Another thing I like about the industry is, it is all traditional craftsmanship, involving good quality metals. Edwin Jagger sell porcelain shaving dishes and wooden badger brushes. There is none of your, plasticy, brightly coloured, gimmicky, Gillette crap.

• Like 1

Do it, then.

Don't worry about what others say about you. Just ignore them. People are always making fun of me. They

Thank you.

Do it, then.

Thank you.

Was it weird when you changed your name from Cat Stevens to Yusuf Islam?

No, they will be better soldiers if they know how to drive, I will just send them with remote controlled bombs and blow them up once they reach the target. With this, we won't waste any virgins in the paradise because women are soulless creatures

THIS ^^^

My routine goes something like this;

Wet beard area with hot water.

Use facial scrub to lift hairs

Apply Proraso pre-shave or conditioner to soften beard

Using a badger brush work up a lather of Proraso shave cream

Apply lather to beard and allow to rest a minute or two before shaving

I use a Muhle R89 razor with a feather blade

Shave with the grain first, then across and finally against. Apply lather between each pass obviously or you'll tear your face off.

Rinse face with cold water to close pores

Apply post shave balm. I use Clinique.

I can do this routine quite quickly now. At first it may take you a while until you get used to using the blade which is insanely sharp.

Here's what it looks like

products_548_r89-double-edged-safety-raz

Pretty much my routine now also. Upgraded to the Muhle R89 in the fall, been very happy with it. Only step I don't do is facial scrub. I know I should - what do you use for your facial scrub?

Update on my experience with the Dorco Pace 6 Plus....so far, it's been awesome....going on two weeks and still on my first cartridge...and the shaves have actually been getting closer the more I use it....(I think that has to do with my face adapting to the razor and getting used to handling it, etc.)

As far as the Noxzema creme goes...very pleased with that as well....absolutely 0 irritation. I also have been using the Dove Hydrating Aftershave Balm....very pleased with it....

Hydrate-Post-Shave-Balm-by-Dove1.png

A double edge blade costs about 5cent. Ok the razor is expensive initially (well relative to a Gillette pos) but there is simply no comparison between the two. A Gillette multi blade destroys your face and promotes irritation and ingrown hairs. The reason is because they actually pull the hair out of your face before cutting it, the first blade grabs the hair and pulls while the second and third blade cut it. Very very bad for your skin.

A double edge blade just cuts the hair and does so extremely well as the blades are far sharper.

Make the switch and I promise you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

You lot are way too exacting about this shit. Honestly, is it that big a thing? I mean yes there's a difference between your normal disposable razor and then your Mach 3 and all the many other ways you can shave but really, is it that fuckin' different? It's a razor, it shaves the hair off your face, end of :shrugs: What is it with this obsession with invisible degrees of closeness?

Edited by sugaraylen

You lot are way too exacting about this shit. Honestly, is it that big a thing? I mean yes there's a difference between your normal disposable razor and then your Mach 3 and all the many other ways you can shave but really, is it that fuckin' different? It's a razor, it shaves the hair off your face, end of :shrugs: What is it with this obsession with invisible degrees of closeness?

Get yourself a Merkur and a tub of Proraso and see how you go. Softer than fairy floss and smoother than butter.

Guest Gunns

A proper shaving routine is paramount to a good shave if you have sensative skin, or the like

This is my bad boy ;

MERKUR%20HEAVY%20DUTY%20SAFETY%20RAZOR%2

I can post up a good shaving routine if anyone needs one, I used to suffer a bit from razor burn but with the help of a DE and some proper cream, pre and post prep, there's no longer any problems

Get yourself a Merkur and a tub of Proraso and see how you go. Softer than fairy floss and smoother than butter.

those fucking Germans made things built to last, if you drop your Merkur razor , you will do more damage to your bathroom sink then you would to the razor :lol:

Funny that because I could imagine you shaving your face with a broken beer bottle then rubbing Tesco value moisturizer in you fucking animal lol

• Like 1

It is completely different. Totally different technique. Totally different technology. With a cartridge/disposable you do that up and down motion. The blade has multiple blades so one of them (this is the theory) pulls the hairs up while the second one cuts it. With a DE razor, you cut your whiskers down in successive passes (lather, shave; lather up, shave). You just move the razor down in one stroke and there is, no up or downy action.

Completely different.