The shaving thread

spunko12345

• 3 weeks later...

Update....It's my one month "anniversary" using the Dorco Pace 6....and thus, far my results have been excellent.

I am still using the FIRST 6 blade cartridge....and I've shaved an average of about every 2 (sometimes 3) days....so I figure I've shaved close to 15 times with the same cartridge...and it's still going strong.....very close, comfortable shave.....if anything, my shaves have become better, as I (as well as my face/skin) have become accustomed to the shaving system.

This system is actually starting to make a lot of financial sense as well. My average cost per cartridge is around $1.70 (After doing extensive research, I found out that with online offers, discounts, etc....I could actually get it closer to $1....maybe even less.)

But going by my current average cost per cartridge....I am currently averaging around 11 cents per shave....which would be comparable to what it would cost with a DE razor. The nice part is that I still have several shaves left with this cartridge and I will update again once I change it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kasanova King

I get about seven triple pass shaves with a Shark.

By the way, a review of Sharks. I have been with Sharks about a month. They are an excellent. They can, slightly, cut on your first shave (those small little cuts which often happen on the neck) but thereafter you get excellent - compleltely bloodless - shaves. As I said, I get about seven. A vast improvement on the Derbys.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I want my goatee and 'tash to be longer, because naturally, it's blonder, so last Saturday I shaved everything but...

I want to look like ZZ Top with a 'fro.

Then like Roger Daltrey of The Who circa 1974/75, with a ZZ Top beard.

I had a 'shape up' yesterday for £3 at the barbers, the last one I had was Friday, it was and it wasn't needed, all that really happened yesterday was fixing what happened with my shaving on Saturday, and having one also made it look really neat because I wasn't really due for one.

A shape up is not touching anything apart from your hairline, all the way around, so your head looks neat; that is what a shape up is, and, it is understood, that anything but, like cutting of the hair, and it goes up to like £5 or £6 and gets called a haircut.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Sounds lame but if you have short stubble, like a few days growth using a body lotion like Oil of Olay or something works really well. It doesn't work if you're past the stuble phase and have a beard going though but with short stuble the lotion works and works way better than any shaving cream or gel I've used.

I do a 3 pass shave with a single blade disposable and sorbolene lotion. Works perfectly.

I do a 3 pass shave with a single blade disposable and sorbolene lotion. Works perfectly.

Letting my goatee grow means shaving the rest of my face. It was cool leaving it a week with my stubble vs. my goatee, that was great, but I'm still growing my goatee long first.

This is the 2nd time I've shaved since I decided to this a week ago to grow out the goatee; I did it yesterday and already the stubble Vs. goatee is working out nicely. :)