Why is Axl missing on most of the group photos?

Nobody is angry with that photo. The people attacking it merely find it hilarious and embarrassing.

Axl fans think that the people who don't like the new band are all angry or "butthurt". They think we're like Axl.

Actually and unfortunately, my read is that they're pretty angry themselves. Oh well.

I hope the band keeps posting pictures holding signs to promote their shows so the idiots over here can loose their shit and live a miserable life because of it. :lol:

It's comments like this that turn the forum into a sh*thole.

Why are certain posters allowed to continuously make personal attacks on other posters?

So because somebody doesn't like a picture of the band, Volcano is allowed to call people idiots and say they have miserable lives? And that the band is happier with their lives than posters on here are? This is a guy who complains about people trolling, complains about people using insults and complains about the negativity on the board.......but he gets away with posting crap like this all the time.

I'm starting to think that Volcano might not be a real "fan" posting here, but is an actual member of Team Brazil. Why else would somebody get so angry that they have to take cheap personal shots at people anytime they say something negative about a rock n roll band. Volcano and Maribeth were "best buddies" on here when she was posting as sailway (where she pretended to be a male). The two went out of their way to insult anybody who isn't praising Axl's every move.

I love certain bands, certain sport's teams, certain historic people - but I never get angry and lose my sh*t if some random stranger doesn't agree with me about them. Why does volcano take everything on here related to GnR so personally? When some random person tell me they think Axl sucks, Abe Lincoln was overrated and the Dodgers are terrible - I don't lose my mind and start insulting them and telling them they must have miserable lives. That would be ridiculous.

You and volcano are extremely similar actually..

Why are certain posters allowed to continuously make personal attacks on other posters?

:lol:

Not in the least bit.

He worships Axl Rose and the ground he walks on. He makes trolling comments specifically to try and piss people off.

I would love to NEVER have another argument on this forum again.

Axl's actions don't dictate my opinion on everything in life.

Volcano and I are nothing alike.

I try and keep my arguments tied to the actual topic.

If I don't agree with somebody, I don't automatically go into "your life must be miserable, you are an idiot" like he does. Do I occasionally insult somebody Sure. We all do. But I would much rather discuss the actual topic. I've actually begged Volcano to have a discussion on specific topics instead of just giving one line smartass responses that are personal insults.

I'm not here to cupcake people. Nor am I hear to worship and praise Axl's every move.

And I can disagree with somebody on one topic and have a normal conversation with them on the next one.

So no. I'm nothing like Volcano. Not even 1%.

Nobody is angry with that photo. The people attacking it merely find it hilarious and embarrassing.

Axl fans think that the people who don't like the new band are all angry or "butthurt". They think we're like Axl.

That's it. They take anything said about Axl or the band as if you are making a personal attack against them. They carry the load of the axl-vs-slash feud. They don't realize that 99% of the people on this forum don't actually get mad or angry or "butthurt" over comments about a rock band like they do.

Actually and unfortunately, my read is that they're pretty angry themselves. Oh well.

Everybody is angry and butthurt. That's why I love this place.

Hard to say. I think it's ridiculous that he's not at the meet and greets and hardly ever with the band for photo's or promos. He went thru an extraordinary amount of trouble to retain the GnR name, you would think he would put a little more care in promoting and moving the band forward.

He has said in interviews that he doesn't agree with paid meet and greets and told how he felt about charging fans for things like that. Meet&greets are usually arranged by the promoters, record companies, or management. Not the artist himself.

Oh come off it!! The "Meet and Greats" are under "Guns N' Roses". Axl owns "Guns N' Roses", he has the last say on everything. He blatantly contradicted himself.

Meet&greets are not arranged by the bands themselves. The interviews are somewhere on here, but I can't remember on which thread, and quite frankly I couldn't care less. I just mentioned what he'd said about the meet&greets. That's all.

Also consider if you paid for a meet and greet where Axl sometimes takes part and sometimes doesn't. Isn't he the one everyone wants to meet? How would you feel if your friend went to last night's concert & met Axl at the meet and greet & you excitedly went the next night and Axl isn't there that time. He is the focal point of the band, the one everyone hangs around to meet & get a photo taken with and so many would be pissed off if they paid for meet & greet & Axl wasn't there on their night.

I kind of understand why Axl isn't at the meet and greets but the VIP's cost $199 in Australia each show and only 2-3 members (Ron, DJ, Dizzy) at least have Richard, Frank, Chris, Tommy show up as well

Like this one:

1622638_1430396533863212_1150741207_n.jp

what a joke this picture is, no one even knows who these guys are. i wouldn't stop for a moment if i saw them walking by.

Nobody knows them? :jerkoff:

Tommy-Founding member of The Replacements

Dj: Sixx: A.M. guitarist

Fortus: Psychedelic Furs, Thin Lizzy, etc

Ron: Successful solo artist for 25 years before GNR

Frank: Ok you got me there

Dizzy: Has been in GNR forever

Chris: TOOL

I find it hilarious how worked up all of you get over a picture, and I hope they hold up several more signs in group pictures like this.

Saying that I find it embarrassing isn't me getting worked up.

You have to laugh at stuff like this, or you'd end up crying.... :lol:

I just think it's just another missed opportunity for people to accept these guys as Guns N' Roses, when the one guy responsible for this band being called Guns N' Roses to begin with, isn't even there... :blink:

Edited by metallex78

It seems possible that Axl doesn't get up til 6pm, especially on tour. As it seems he sleeps on the flights which take off in the morning. Anyway the travel, trying to party must take its toll.

Just a lazy excuse, when he could've sacrificed one day to turn up for a promo photo shoot with his band, for his own upcoming shows.

Tommy: guess I'm in need of GNR-education here, but the Replacements are one of those bands nobody knew or cared about until Tommy joined GNR.

DJ: guitarist in a teeny goth band for the young and impressionable (no wonder you're a fan)

Fortus: joined the Psychadelic Furs and Thin Lizzy YEARS after their heyday, nothing to do with their success- not well known

Ron: successful solo artist for 25 years? aren't you the kid who imitates Izzy Stradlin online?

Frank: I'm surprised you aren't claiming THUNDERCHUCKERS have made him a household name

Dizzy: the original Axl butt boy nobody ever cared about.

Chris: yes he is, but if I'm not mistaken he has never been in that band-it's LUSK, a side project with one of the TOOL guys.

• Like 1

It seems possible that Axl doesn't get up til 6pm, especially on tour. As it seems he sleeps on the flights which take off in the morning. Anyway the travel, trying to party must take its toll.

Just a lazy excuse, when he could've sacrificed one day to turn up for a promo photo shoot with his band, for his own upcoming shows.

Possibly but a singers job is different. You can play guitar on no sleep and a bunch drugs. A run down singer is going to lose his voice or just suck. Plus physically it's just more tiring.

Like the label used to say about Tyler, he's like a racehorse you have to keep him in good condition and happy. And this kind of leads to them expecting stuff. Maybe there is a power trip.

There's a Stones dvd, possibly stones in Rio where Jagger has the crowd packed in and then starts saying to tour manager how he doesn't feel good about it, maybe he can't do the show lol The tour manager is like what fuck are you talking about!

Niven claims Axl has stage fright. so he's back at the hotel throwing up. There must be shows where he can't get up for it, a guitarist can kind of just play but Axl has to perform. We all see what happens when he just goes through the motions. There's physically being there on time, and actually being physically and psychologically ready to do it. Maybe waiting backstage for 2 hours just isn't the best preparation. It would make him on time but he'd probably have a few lines and jds and blow his voice.

Also at 50 he's probably at his best when he wakes up at 6pm. Or he's just hungover all day til 8pm in bed with groupies and can't pull himself away for so dumb photoshoot in the bar at 10am.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Axl more a "night person" meaning that he stays up late and sleeps during the daylight? Maybe he indeed was sleeping when that photo was taken :shrugs:

Possibly but I've seen Axl in daylight at 2pm
Was he wearing shades?

It was the same in the old days, for every group photo with Axl in it, there were always 2 or 3 where he wasn't.

Factually wrong.

Or maybe I'm mistaken. A quick search in Google gives me around 30 official pictures with Axl from 1987 to 1993, however, and it is very strange considering your statement, I couldn't find 60 or 90 pictures without him. Can you please share these pictures with us? Thanks.

Like this one:

what a joke this picture is, no one even knows who these guys are. i wouldn't stop for a moment if i saw them walking by.

Casual music fans don't probably recognize any of them, except DJ. Maybe some music lovers recognize Tommy and Ron. They are Gn'R, but most people don't see them as that. It's not right or wrong, it's just is.