The Human Torch IS NOT BLACK.

TombRaider

Michael B. Jordan is an amazing actor and unless their race is a central point to a character, then I don't see why it's an issue. I'm sorry that out of the large amount of white superheroes portrayed in film, one gets changed a little. FFS.

I don't read comics, but to some people who do the character's exact background is extremely important and changing any part of that is a big no-no for them.

• Like 1

Michael B. Jordan is an amazing actor and unless their race is a central point to a character, then I don't see why it's an issue. I'm sorry that out of the large amount of white superheroes portrayed in film, one gets changed a little. FFS.

I don't read comics, but to some people who do the character's exact background is extremely important and changing any part of that is a big no-no for them.

Because he is the invisible persons brother but she is white and he is black.

It is like Harry Potter being played by a ginger or a woman.

You know they'd be accused of racism if they made Luke Cage or Falcon white, though.

Rightfully so.

Except, that wouldn't be racism.

Except it would.

Not if you understand what the word racism means it wouldn't.

Are you arguing that its ok to change a white person to a black person but it is racist to change a black person to a white person? That is very ignorant and the most hooray for tolorence thing ever. It should be ok to change both or not ok at all, depending on what the story and character need

"Oooh, the overpaid black actor is taking a job from an overpaid white actor! Where can I protest?" Jesus Christ, seriously? The movie is going to suck anyway, why do you give a shit? And I'm sure all your knickers were as tightly bunched when fucking Angelina Jolie played real life woman of color Marianne Pearl in A Mighty Heart. Or for that matter, when Jessica Alba played Sue Storm in the last sucktastic reboot of this dopey picture book.

Personally, I was hoping for the Donald Glover Spiderman rumors to be true. :wub:

• Like 3

I'm not au fait with the source material, but to some people the background of a character means a huge amount; for someone who is so vociferous about the quality of movies and their relationship with their source, you should understand that better than most, Angelica.

Oh god, I really hope I'm not that closed minded. :(

I'm not au fait with the source material, but to some people the background of a character means a huge amount; for someone who is so vociferous about the quality of movies and their relationship with their source, you should understand that better than most, Angelica.

yeah i tend to agree. minor characters you can get a way with it and no one will tend to care. the walking dead did this with bob stookey turning him white to black but he is still the same character somewhat(drunk, former medic) with main characters though it is hard to do since if you followed these characters and their story for a long long time doing something drastic from the source material tends to piss people off.

it doesnt even have to be about race. look at how many a song of ice fans got angry at changing a characters name in the tv show, or people bitching so much about the new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie changing the origin of the turtles. when something gets adapted from one medium to another fans want the adaption to be true to the source material. it is these fans that get the medium adapted in the first place. if no one bought these comics or books no one would give a shit about adapting them.

• Like 1

yeah i tend to agree. minor characters you can get a way with it and no one will tend to care. the walking dead did this with bob stookey turning him white to black but he is still the same character somewhat(drunk, former medic) with main characters though it is hard to do since if you followed these characters and their story for a long long time doing something drastic from the source material tends to piss people off.

it doesnt even have to be about race. look at how many a song of ice fans got angry at changing a characters name in the tv show, or people bitching so much about the new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie changing the origin of the turtles. when something gets adapted from one medium to another fans want the adaption to be true to the source material. it is these fans that get the medium adapted in the first place. if no one bought these comics or books no one would give a shit about adapting them.

Exactly. Isn't Michael Bay making the Ninja Turtles aliens?

he was going to until the backlash hit, i think he then said something along the lines that it will be the ooze and that he listens to the fans and this movie is going to be true to the source material and all that. just code for we really fucked up and made a lot of people angry time to backtrack :lol:

The Ultimate Universe in Marvel did it right. Spiderman is now black or hispanic, but the character is different. Peter Parker died so they have a new Spiderman. They made a new character which is totally fine, in my book

Like Dick Grayson becoming Batman and Damien Wayne becoming Robin.

The Ultimate Universe in Marvel did it right. Spiderman is now black or hispanic, but the character is different. Peter Parker died so they have a new Spiderman. They made a new character which is totally fine, in my book

i agree that is perfectly fine. i dont know anything about this comic, but if they introduced this new character as the human torch and have a backstory where the original was killed or disappeared or something and told it in the beginning of the movie that would be cool. i dont know if that is plausible or not.